It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bola-scare-in-australia-gold-coast-man-isolated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Looking less likely folks!

Update - News.com.au

A MAN who was rushed to Gold Coast University Hospital and isolated amid fears of Ebola virus this morning is ‘not particularly sick’, doctors say
The man, Michael Walsh originally from Warwick in WA, reportedly fell seriously ill in the Southport Watchhouse and told emergency crews he had just returned from The Congo two weeks ago.
Police sources confirmed a 27-year-old man was taken by ambulance with Ebola-like symptoms however Gold Coast Health infectious diseases director Dr John Gerrard said initial assessments suggest it is ‘exceedingly unlikely’ that he has the deadly virus.
They are still awaiting test results but said the man was also being tested for malaria, dengue fever and other tropical illnesses.
Dr Gerrard said the main symptom of Ebola was a fever and although the patient described symptoms of fever, doctors were yet to document one.
“He’s not particularly sick but I don’t want to say it’s impossible otherwise we wouldn’t be doing what we’re doing,” he said.
“I really must emphasise the risk is extremely small.”
He said the man was more likely to have malaria and expected results this evening.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Tests clear man of Ebola - ABC

Tests taken from a man suspected of having Ebola virus on the Gold Coast have returned a negative result, Queensland Health has confirmed.

I have to say - it was good practice for health staff!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

have you seen this thread?
Australia ebola saga

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Sorry I didn;t - I was still following this one from earlier today

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

you might find it interesting

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Tests clear man of Ebola - ABC

Tests taken from a man suspected of having Ebola virus on the Gold Coast have returned a negative result, Queensland Health has confirmed.

I have to say - it was good practice for health staff!

Thats a relief! Yes hopefully if their is any faults in their procedures then this was the time where they could be picked up on and sorted!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

And tongue kiss Tony Abbot and the rest of the Liberal Party.

I would sprinkle this post with stars if I could!

A relief to hear that it is a false alarm. I hope the lad makes a speedy recovery; he must be feeling relieved. And good to see they are on the ball with this. Still, making sure me and the family get plenty of vitamin C. I will also double up on the hand sanitizer, especially at work!
edit on 1192014 by MoonMystic because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join