It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bola-scare-in-australia-gold-coast-man-isolated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

"PARAMEDICS have suited up to rush a severely ill man to Gold Coast University Hospital this morning amid suspected Ebola virus fears.
The Southport man has been seriously ill for two days with emergency crews confirming he had just returned from The Congo two days ago.
The largest Ebola outbreak in history has ripped through Africa with 2,296 confirmed deaths from the virus. Thirteen people have died in The Congo up to August 25."

Great im 20mins from the gold coast, im to stock up me thinks.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Only a matter of time til a true confirmed case emerges in a country like Australia, UK, America. S + F

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: option158

just heard about this on ABC 24, this is scary stuff, just shows how fast things can possibly travel in the age of international air travel. It might be time to think about closing borders at areas with outbreaks before it ends up everywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow this is scary! And they are still allowing people that may have been exposed too fly why??? What about all the other people he may have exposed in his travels!? That stuff really F's me off. I hope it is just another false alarm and that the guy is ok! But when are they actually going to do something to stop the spread !!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeReasonable

just heard about this on ABC 24, this is scary stuff, just shows how fast things can possibly travel in the age of international air travel. It might be time to think about closing borders at areas with outbreaks before it ends up everywhere.

The time for that was ages ago it is ridiculous they have still not done it its like they want it to spread, and if that guy has it in QLD who is too say he didn't expose other people when flying and they may have went on to other cities with connecting flights or whatever, i know when travelling internationally alot of flights go to qld or nsw and then have connecting flights to cities like Adelaide and here in Perth..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I hope too it's a false alarm - being safe is better than being sorry and I hope this is a good test for our health services to see if they are really on the ball or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's a snippet of news - interested to see what symptoms he was displaying that concerned paramedics... either way - I hope this man makes a speedy recovery from whatever he has x

Alert - Gold Coast man assessed for Ebola

GOLD Coast health officials say a man has been isolated in a hospital after displaying symptoms of the deadly Ebola virus.

THE ill 25-year-old was taken to Gold Coast university hospital about 7.40am on Thursday by paramedics wearing full protective gear, a Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman told AAP.

Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service acting chief executive Damian Green says more details about the man's condition will be released when they are known.
"Gold Coast Health can confirm a patient has been transferred to Gold Coast University Hospital after being identified by paramedics as having symptoms of Ebola virus," he said in a statement.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Whilst feeling empathy for the man involved, another part of me thinks that perhaps this is not a poignant event; enough to get some of us WASPs thinking about taking serious action against the virus where it first took hold.
I've been pretty disgusted by the general lack of concern for the outbreak in Africa. It's more of the "oh its an African problem, they've always got bad stuff like that happening out there....now back to my infotainment. Hand me a Toohey's, Mick!"

If the virus spreads to occidental nations and starts taking lives, it'll be enough to kick start our inveterate fear and paranoia, and perhaps we'll start spending some money on trying to eradicate this seriously nasty bug. Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If he has it it will be Ironic. Ironic that the largest Ebola outbreak in history is going on on the east coast of Africa and it first escapes the country due to a secondary outbreak unrelated to the easy coast outbreak that is going on in the Congo.

Oh yeah, the Congo outbreak is thought to be from a different origin and different strain.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Milleresque

I'm not a WASP - I'm a WAS-G-C-C.
White Anglo-Saxon Gael Celt Catholic.

GogoVicMorrow: The largest ebola outbreak in history is on the west coast of Africa I thought??? Something I am missing?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hmmmm, initial judgement of mine is nein - not Ebola. Although there's a different strain of Ebola outbreaking in the DRC - it's much more possible he is sick with something else.

Also: Why was he trespassing???

Ebola Scare - News.com.au

Police sources confirmed a 27-year-old man was taken by ambulance from the Southport watchhouse with Ebola symptoms however Gold Coast Health infectious diseases director Dr John Gerrard said initial assessments suggest it is ‘exceedingly unlikely’ that he has Ebola.
The man had been arrested at Chevron Renaissance, in the heart of the Surfers Paradise tourist precinct, for trespass overnight.
It is believed when the man was being bailed this morning he told officers he felt sick, and as a precaution paramedics were called.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am not leaving the house till the zombie apocalypse is over :/

Seriously tho, something doesnt sit right with me reading that article. Firstly, it seems a bit to long for what is essentially a small story, there is no confirmation it is ebola so its maybe being a bit alarmist?. Second the chain of events, Ive been arrested many times and some of those times I have needed medical assistance--never have the police called for paramedics, they just throw me in ob-cell till I make bail.

Im putting my tinfoil on for this story.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus
He was getting mangosteens! :-)
Nice to see you again. I still think about MH370 and wonder.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I hope too it's a false alarm - being safe is better than being sorry and I hope this is a good test for our health services to see if they are really on the ball or not.

Totally agree with you! I am fairly confident in our health services here, with this scare with this guy they have demonstrated that they will be straight on to it and taking all the neccesary precautions to isolate him. Its not really our health services ability im worried about honestly its stupid people im worried about, the types that may refuse too seek medical care if they are showing symptoms of the disease (any strain) or the ones that know they may have been exposed but continue to travel, especially air travel that is how pandemics happen. But i agree it is a good test for them and also too see which areas they may be lacking in to prevent a outbreak here, planning for it is one thing but actually being faced with it is another.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nooo. Me and my family are going next tuesday. Had this trip planned for months. Me think we need to have face masks on. Any other advise from my fellow ATSers

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: aarys
Nooo. Me and my family are going next tuesday. Had this trip planned for months. Me think we need to have face masks on. Any other advise from my fellow ATSers

If you catch ebola, find where Warwick Kappa lives and make sure to give him a big kiss

You'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The only scary part is that as long as this virus is in hosts it has a chance to mutate.... A beneficial mutation for ebola would be a death sentence for hundreds of thousands.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

originally posted by: aarys

If you catch ebola, find where Warwick Kappa lives and make sure to give him a big kiss

You'll be fine.

And tongue kiss Tony Abbot and the rest of the Liberal Party.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aarys

You will be fine, good hygiene is the best and most important defense against things like Ebola and fingers crossed it is just a false alarm for Australia anyway! oh and lots of hand sanitizer is a good idea too when out in public especially, i love that stuff and the wipes.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Stupid people yes. Dear Gosh yes!

But QLD Health - It's comforting to know they are at least on the ball and getting practice ( I had a few issues with QLD Health back in the day when I lived up there...crikey, back then (early 00s) they were horrid)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join