It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch artist turns his dead cat into a radio controlled helicopter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
All I know is a flying Goat quad=copter would be way 'mo-betta'

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: Biigs

That's what avian zombie movies look like

Its what Bird nightmares are made from.

Night of the Flying Felines

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Bart has been busy.

Hopefully nobody spoils it, please. I plan to make a new thread with more substance, which takes a closer look at the practice, it's history and the backlash that comes with it.

Thanks everybody!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Think of it as a pressed flower. It was a cat and now it's what contained the cat! If he was flying a living cat around I'd get your point. He could have built it out of paper mashe and youd be lamenting the tree?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

Think of it as a pressed flower. It was a cat and now it's what contained the cat! If he was flying a living cat around I'd get your point. He could have built it out of paper mashe and youd be lamenting the tree?

I don't think you ever answered would this be ok to you if it were he corpse of a loved one in your family?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I don't think you ever answered would this be ok to you if it were he corpse of a loved one in your family?

I don't think anybody answered, would this be ok if a loved one gave you their consent? Even if they begged you to turn them into a helicopter, would the person carrying out the act still be considered wrong for doing it or praised for following through on a persons dying wish? I bet there are lot's of people who request certain things after they die but their loved ones have different plans, sometimes only coming down to what they can afford.

Where we agree is the cat had no control over his fate where a human most certainly would. I just don't think you can compare the two. I agreed with most of what you said and hope that the posting of this thread doesn't solidify any beliefs you have of me. I consider losing even one member on this site due to miscommunication a negative thing. It thought it would make some(weird) people laugh and might start an interesting debate on what is considered moral.
edit on 10-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
I find this absolutely repulsive and rather horrifying. No person in his right mind would do that to a pet he supposedly loved. He can call himself an artist, but he is proving that he is an inhumane sick attention freak.

I am sorry that you or anyone else is giving this attention, because it really serves only to illustrate how coarse, stupid, and utterly amoral people have become in this culture. Big thumbs down to this jackass for treating the dead with so little respect (treat animals like this and it's one step to treating humans like toys too), and thumbs down for you and anyone else who thinks this is cute, amusing, or creative. It's not. It's just simply heartbreaking and sick.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is a really weird thing. I will never do this to my cat but ...
Here is something new.. I came across this few months ago.. just another example of how crazy people can be.
The First Ostrich Ever to Fly

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

this is just sick

yuck

how can you guys support this

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I don't think anybody answered, would this be ok if a loved one gave you their consent? Even if they begged you to turn them into a helicopter, would the person carrying out the act still be considered wrong for doing it or praised for following through on a persons dying wish? I bet there are lot's of people who request certain things after they die but their loved ones have different plans, sometimes only coming down to what they can afford.

Where we agree is the cat had no control over his fate where a human most certainly would. I just don't think you can compare the two. I agreed with most of what you said and hope that the posting of this thread doesn't solidify any beliefs you have of me. I consider losing even one member on this site due to miscommunication a negative thing. It thought it would make some(weird) people laugh and might start an interesting debate on what is considered moral.

What a thoughtful post!

I just don't think you can compare the two.

I disagree here because the animals are as important to me as children, they are very innocent and should be treated with love and respect.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All I can say is.... BAHAHAHAHHA, talk about a new trend, I wonder how long before someone makes a cow-copter out of their dearly departed bovine....

Dutch boy turns his dead rat into flying rodent

When grieving the death of a family pet, people have been known to hold a ceremony in the back garden, perhaps putting an 'RIP Fluffy' plaque in the shrubs.

Some take it a step further, and have their beloved animal stuffed when they pass on.

But one Dutch schoolboy has really raised the bar. Following the death of his pet rat, Pepeijn Bruins had the animal turned into a flying rodent.

Yes that's right, he made a rat-copter.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

a reply to: minkmouse

After I'm gone, I don't give a hoot if you fly me around or serve me up at a cannibal party!

Would you be ok seeing a loved one being served is more to the point.

I have a deep intuition that all of the disrespect we show the creatures of this planet will come back to haunt us, it won't be a joke anymore when peoples eyes are opened.

I said "After I'm gone, I don't give a hoot if you fly me around or serve me up at a cannibal party!"

That's me! I never went to loved ones...That's you!

Read the post I made again and see how you totally created a new road!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What an awesome way to hang out with a dead family member. My dad just sits in a box next to me.

I've told my family I'd like to be a puppet. Being the skin of an android sounds like a good idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

I said "After I'm gone, I don't give a hoot if you fly me around or serve me up at a cannibal party!"

That's me! I never went to loved ones...That's you!

Yes I know maybe you should reread my posts.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident
What an awesome way to hang out with a dead family member. My dad just sits in a box next to me.

I've told my family I'd like to be a puppet. Being the skin of an android sounds like a good idea.

There always remains the problem of insects and rot...nice

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I hope they have the good sense to preserve me with plastination.

I always imagine myself as David's dead friend Jack.
I've told my family that if I'm mangled and they watch me die, my last word will be "Brains!"

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Clause 1a: no flying parents. OR modification to the dead bodies period. This means you son!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Absolutely awesome. his cat has become Legend! mourned in his death celebreated in his cat/quadcopter cyborg feline rebirth. Its witchcraft i tell you.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A friend of mine did some couch surfing and stayed at an old woman's house where she had turned all her old cats into pillows. It was pretty freaky LOL

The glass eyes really give it life on that helicopter.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gazzerman
she had turned all her old cats into pillows.

That is weird.

Like sofa pillows? So, you would have a cup of tea and be leaning on her dead cats skins?

Thats super weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join