It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military fighters trailing unresp. aircraft in Atlantic... UPDATE: Plane crashed near Jamaica

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Which post?

I honestly think I'm not looking at the right one lol..

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So, it's ok they died, who cares, because they were "well offed", and starving children die every day.

For God's sake, what twisted thinking.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: parad0x122

Read below your thread....

Thousands of people are starving and dying daily of hunger....but hey, lets gives these guys some well deserved media attention. right?
3 well off "offed" citizens deserve more attention than starving children across the world.
Sorry if i seem insensitive....

K, now I see it.

Understandable, in a sense. Sure, media attention/sensationalism isn't going to do any good here. I agree. I was more-so referring to posting it on a forum though...just seems unnecessary. IMO it'd be best to just let them rest and be done with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The odds of them NOT being dead are so remote as to be considered non existent. He would have had to wake up, recognize what was going on, and somehow recover enough that they didn't nosedive into the ocean. It usually takes a minute or two for brain function to return to normal after a hypoxia event.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was wondering if flightradar was prone to glitches, thanks very much for explaining that u-turn.
edit on 5-9-2014 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I have them like back to back. Ill sum it up man. Three people died, yes, sucks. but this is taking away from the attention all over the US and across the world of others starving daily and dying from starvation by the hundreds.
But hey, 3 american dead, lets focus on them and give them some air time.

Oh ur hungry? sorry dying just doesn't cut it anymore unless it becomes exciting....how about you film your starving self dumping blood suckers and piranhas on yourself in a bath tub..and then maybe well think about sending over relief...just sayin' the media is only displays what we want to see, not what we need to know.

After they release the names, it'll turn into the blame game, then s candles in the FAA....

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The odds of them NOT being dead are so remote as to be considered non existent. He would have had to wake up, recognize what was going on, and somehow recover enough that they didn't nosedive into the ocean. It usually takes a minute or two for brain function to return to normal after a hypoxia event.

The brain usually doesn't return to normal after a hypoxia event...

That leaves people in varying stages of vegetative state, or brain death, depending on how long the hypoxic event lasted.

The brain dies in 7 minutes without oxygen.

Chances are, these people were already dead, or, barely alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to not feed the trolls. Even harshing on their ridiculousness adds to thread clutter

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Now that I agree with. Thanks for taking the time to clarify Konstantin :-)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I feel terrible these people died but SirKonstantin is right in a way.

The media informs but also distracts. Sadly they exploit deaths all the time in order to divert attention from more pertinent issues. We'll always be trained to consider deaths from oppression and starvation but we never really focus on it because we feel it doesn't affect us.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

It depends on the event. Pilots go through hypoxia training all the time with no long term affects. There are a lot of factors that come into play with hypoxia.

link   

Yeah, I'm sure that they more than likely are. I just thought it was odd to see "confirmation" when the plane literally just crashed less than 10 minutes before that was publicized.

link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Nope, when I was a flight engineer I had a couple of my flights emergency return, and also divert do to smoke and fumes in the cockpit, and because of a loss of pressurization.

those O2 masks are not comfortable... longest I had to wear one was 60 mins and I had a blinding migraine by the time we landed.

I could not imagine having to wear it for 8 or 10 or 12 hours at a time, not practical... not to mention increased maintenance for keeping the gox/lox (not sure what they use for commercial, or if its a different system entirely) topped off for the crew, which would bring about more delays between flights.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yeah, no problem...im glad you understand...yet they removed a post of what i have said.lol

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I have them like back to back. Ill sum it up man. Three people died, yes, sucks. but this is taking away from the attention all over the US and across the world of others starving daily and dying from starvation by the hundreds.
But hey, 3 american dead, lets focus on them and give them some air time.

Oh ur hungry? sorry dying just doesn't cut it anymore unless it becomes exciting....how about you film your starving self dumping blood suckers and piranhas on yourself in a bath tub..and then maybe well think about sending over relief...just sayin' the media is only displays what we want to see, not what we need to know.

After they release the names, it'll turn into the blame game, then s candles in the FAA....

No, because you fail to give people credit for being able to think of more than one thing at a time.

Look at all the posts and threads from people totally not even reading about this. Life goes on. Always has, always will.

There is no excuse for minimalizing a tragedy, because in YOUR estimation, bigger tragedies abound.

People are not one track machines. They can chew gum and walk at the same time, and then they even type on phones, too!

I really dislike it when people minimalize one thing, because they feel overly vocal about another thing. Quite simply, it isn't all about you.

What's worse, is judging someone as less that deserving because they are "well offed".

Wealth envy much?

Dead is dead, dead doesn't care how rich you are.

And guess what? There will still be starving children all over the world tomorrow, when an earthquake hits, or a volcano blows, but, we should pay no attention, because all we should think about is...

Starving children, all over the world.

That's it.

Starving children, ya'll.

Move along, nothing to see here. Or, Lois Lerner's emails, or Benghazi, or Fast and Furious, or Michael Brown, becuase you are all simpletons, and children are starving!

Lives are at steak here!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 9/5/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Lives are at steak here!

Starving children.......lives are at "steak"......I see what you did there. Very funny.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have to wonder, what type of event could have happened that may have possibly left them either unable to get the O2 masks, or, perhaps they malfunctioned, as well.

Something doesn't seem right about it, that's for sure. I can't really see them all taking off, then taking a nap in flight. Surely, they were well rested and prepared for the flight.

Would depressurization be so rapid, and/or violent, as to cause them to be disabled immediately? Or, cause the O2 to not be available?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

that makes way to much sense..

And it should be a fairly easy thing to do...

So of course the idea will never even make it to the drawing board.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join