It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I would disagree. I think it does apply and fit perfectly.

If you are treating thy neighbor as thyself, would you commit adultery with his wife? Or, murder him? Place any example you want in James's context. Do you want to be told who to marry? Or, whom you love? Or what God to worship? Etc.

If you don't want to be treated that way, why treat your neighbor as such? What if you do? What if you do it yourself, yet, condemn another? You'd show partiality. You'd be a hypocrit.

Every example will apply. And the Royal law, would still remain superior.

Basically, if you wouldn't like it done to you, under what justification could you do it to another?

None.

Note the surprise of the sheep? They are shocked. Because they followed the will of the father, without knowing they did. The goats, are the ones that claimed they did, but did not.

I would take considerable pause understanding what that meant. Scary Scary verses.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

I don't give a damn that the 'average american' is supposedly shielded from the behavior at gay parades. If they can accept their country bombing the crap out of others - without even going into the details - they can deal with some gay butt sex.

Seriously, deal with it and move on.

Gay ses is so tame in the grand scheme of things, so why is it focused on? It's just gay sex.

I guess the best answer I can come up with to reconcile this is in your post. "The average Christian is asleep at the wheel on this", but I think not just Christians.

Our priorities are all up the fluff and we go bananas over sex, while watching our government's militaries kill and maim other human beings.

I feel as though there is a big shift in how people are, as in they aren't as 'asleep' as they used to be. I'm not going to push anyone, but I'm no longer prepared to sit back and let those people destroy others.

They're going to be accountable to us and everyone else from now on. This world doesn't have room for it anymore. I'm sure you agree that it just doesn't.

You're smarter that I gave you credit for the other day, so you know what? thanks for you post, too.

edit on 11-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i know i'm late to the conversation.. as many know i am ignorant of the Bible and Religions, to me it seems as though everyone who wants "Freedom" is being dictated by a Book and it;s various teachings, people interpret the scriptures and meanings differently.

one question i always ask is if you didn't follow the Bible would you feel the same? would you still think of me less than you? or a deviant or an abomination or a mortal sin? does the bible dictate what you think, or do you hide your prejudice behind the book?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Hello you fabulous little package of gorgeousness.

They hide their prejudice behind a book, because they have less accountability that way.

Or...or..

..abomination is a really fun word to say, if you think about it. I wish it meant 'that thing of when it rains fat-free donuts'.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

But he contradicts himself in other verses...

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters- yes, even his own life- he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)"

He is promoting hate in this verse.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Which, I addressed already. I believe the texts are corrupted, namely to support Paul.

Two Jesus's can be seen. The loving God as the father. And the continuation of the hateful God, YHWH. One is liberating, the other oppressive.

My own humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters- yes, even his own life- he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)"

Jesus said that those who aren't sick do not need a physician so it makes sense that he would say something like that.

If you hate everyone close to you (family) and even your own life, that sounds like depression. It makes sense that Jesus would want those type of people to be his disciples (students of his teachings) because those are the ones who need it the most.

Jesus taught people how to deal with conflicts and hatred.
edit on 12-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

You are more Christlike than alleged Christians. Honestly, we should start calling those who use the bible to preach hate, Paulians.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

That's an incredibly kind thing to say. The more I read these posts on this topic - both negative and positive - the more I'm genuinely interested in this Jesus character and what his message truly was.

You made me smile and I can't think of any other reason we wake up every day, except to try to fit in a few smiles and laughs.

What a lovely thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Jesus said that those who aren't sick do not need a physician so it makes sense that he would say something like that.

If you hate everyone close to you (family) and even your own life, that sounds like depression. It makes sense that Jesus would want those type of people to be his disciples (students of his teachings) because those are the ones who need it the most.

Jesus taught people how to deal with conflicts and hatred.

Jesus also said that the marriage bed was between a Male and a Female, adultery and fornication were sins.. Why we have even got to this point I don't know but I used the same method you have to form my opinion around "What did Jesus say about gay folk" and show that there was no need for Jesus to touch upon the subject of Homosexuality, just like maybe he didn't have to touch upon the subject of Depression directly.
edit on 12-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Jesus also said that the marriage bed was between a Male and a Female, adultery and fornication were sins.

At the time. Maybe sin is just the old way of explaining human nature and seeing as we're humans, it's futile to try to fight it.

Instead, wouldn't it be a better thing to try to control it, such as keeping our tempers calm and not being promiscuous. That doesn't mean deny our sexualities or try to make other people deny theirs. Same goes for not eating 5 cheesecakes in a row so that you don't end up a useless, fat piggy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Did he? Are you sure that was not added? Namely, corruption of the text, to continue the oppression of YHWH? Or, added for the purpose of selling indulgences to enrich the church, at a later date? Questions questions.

Why do you keep looking, and clinging, for reasons to hate another? Or hold judgement over someone else. Neither of which was what Christ taught. He dined with prostitutes for crying out loud. He forgave them, and lead them to a better way. He came for them. And those you list, loved him for it. His words were not for the selfish self proclaimed religious teachers. He called them vipers, spawn of Satan.

You are not even in the same animal kingdom as a sheep.

Let it go man. God may very well already be on Earth, observing the actions of his so called followers. From all religions.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
Did he? Are you sure that was not added? Namely, corruption of the text, to continue the oppression of YHWH? Or, added for the purpose of selling indulgences to enrich the church, at a later date?

Well maybe but I don't know just like the majority of people really don't know. I am only using what I see in the Bible..

Why do you keep looking, and clinging, for reasons to hate another? You are not even in the same animal kingdom as a sheep.

Listen here, I am not clinging on to nothing, what is in the Bible is in the Bible.. What is in the Qu'ran is in the Qu'ran and the same could be said for other religious texts. I am not going to sit here and powdercoat something because it's sits nice with the majority.. I do not base my assumptions of bs and lying. It is what it is when it comes to the Bible and that's it.

Maybe in another text it promotes Homosexuality and people disagree. I would be trying to prove how it does if I believe it says it does. This has nothing to do with hate, trust me.

Let it go man. God may very well already be on Earth, observing the actions of his so called followers. From all religions.

As I said earlier, I am not a Christian but I won't sit here and bs to make people like yourself happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I don't care what you do bro, that is your choice and I have no say over your free will or the free will of anyone else. But at the same time I don't agree with what you do because it is against what I believe.. It doesn't mean I hate you, I don't hate anyone when it comes down to it.. I have met Homosexuals and shook their hands and told them they are brave for coming out..

This isn't a personal hate thing with me, I am only showing what I see in the Bible and we as people should respect the viewpoint of Christian people also.. It's not meant to be a "We are right and your wrong thing", No-one is perfect.

Can you see what I'm saying or not?
edit on 12-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You are leaving an impression of hate with me. As if you are looking for loopholes to justify homophobia. It also leaves a bad impression of Islam, as you are no better if that is the case.

I will stick with worshiping the Father. The great and real I AM.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

You are leaving an impression of hate with me. As if you are looking for loopholes to justify homophobia. It also leaves a bad impression of Islam, as you are no better if that is the case.

I will stick with worshiping the Father. The great and real I AM.

Is that the I AM Moses was speaking too also?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

In my opinion? Probably not. If it was a real event, It was highly distorted and corrupted by the scribes to promote racial superiority later. Jeremiah 8:8. Additionally, Moses probably never existed historically. It is very possible he was a fictional figure modelled after Akhenaten. No Moses, no burning bush for that event.

Daniel, probably knew the real I Am. Hence the Magi looking for Christ. Follow the Magi. Same with writings of some Psalmists.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I can understand exactly what you're saying. If you are religious, or allow yourself to be led by dusty old books, I'm sure you can also understand why I don't agree with your lifestyle, too.

That's all it takes - a healthy respect for one another's lives.

The difference in this case being one can choose their religion, but not their sexuality.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Jesus Christ told us to love one-another as he loved us. We all sin. Homosexuality is nothing different in God's eyes than a man having sex with a woman he is not married to, or from a man having sex with an animal. Human beings draw lines that are not there. God loves everyone, but hates all of our sin. He can forgive this sin if the sinner turns from their sin. God will forgive anyone who accepts it, but that is between them and God. That is not a Christians, or anyone else, place to judge.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

If god wants me to turn from sin, it can create a world in which I cannot sin, even though I want to. Otherwise, seriously, it can gtfo.

I mean, come on. Surely this discussion has gone around in circles enough times for the smarter and least fearful among us to just say "enough is enough".

I believe there is something. But whatever it is, if it cares that I want to have sex with a man because I love him and that it's two guys or an unmarried couple - it's just a prick.

I'm not worshipping that kind of thing.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join