It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

The answer to the question still stands. God loves homosexuals, even if he does not approve of your life style. I am not saying that you are going to hell either, I am saying that you are just as much a sinner as I am. We all sin, and God loves us all.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

Very well said!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Whether or not you are gay has nothing to do with whether you are living in the Spirit. People judge on physical things rather than spiritual things. Remember what Jesus said to the religious of his day, the greedy tax collectors and prostitutes are closer to heaven than the religious who judge so harshly. The Spirit is Love. Are you careless towards others or do you actually care for people treating them with mercy and fairness?

Today it's gay people in Jesus's time it was not keeping religious traditions. People who are either insecure about themselves or just unkind will always find a reason to judge.

The judgmental religious people of Jesus's day were called Pharisees and that is what I am reminded of whenever I see/hear people judging based on traditions rather than being in the Spirit (treating others fairly and kindly, treating others how you would like to be treated)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BasementWarriorKryptonite

I don't give a damn that the 'average american' is supposedly shielded from the behavior at gay parades. If they can accept their country bombing the crap out of others - without even going into the details - they can deal with some gay butt sex.

Seriously, deal with it and move on.

This BasementWarriorKryptonite is not very bright, intelligent, nor illuminated. But it does demonstrate public education programming so textbook of today. It also shows Entitlement thinking and beliefs..also the stock in trade of todays public education in emotions and non thinking.

Gay ses is so tame in the grand scheme of things, so why is it focused on? It's just gay sex.

This so obviously goes way over your head. Zoooooooommmmm!!! Like Warp speed over your head. It is sex and sexuality and it is not just gay sex..it is also non gay sex. The gay community is not that special.

Someone out here is attempting to bring back the fertility religions of ancient times...where people defined themselves by the religion of sex and sexuality..particularly around holydays and festivals. Not difficult to see if one knows some history...which is carefully avoided in public schools today in favor of political emotionialism and professional victimization.

I guess the best answer I can come up with to reconcile this is in your post. "The average Christian is asleep at the wheel on this", but I think not just Christians.

Now here I will agree with you...it is not just Christians..but many non Christians brought up in this one way system trying to make intolerance into tolerance.

Our priorities are all up the fluff and we go bananas over sex, while watching our government's militaries kill and maim other human beings.

Now this...BasementWarriorKryptonite...shows your lack of education..lack of thinking...lack of history.

You do know that with the Ancient Greeks...homosexuality was the preferred belief system...superior to heterosexuality. The writings of Socraties, Aristotle, and Plato make this clear.

They were throughout the Greek Military..it did not stop the slaughtering and killing going on.
I can make the same point about the Roman Armies as well as the Pagan armies of many of the Ancient Armies.

What you are describing about nations militaries is not a new thing. I am not saying I approve of it..but merely note the lack of knowledge or history in your posts. You seem want to post this stuff as if the Homosexual community is above this history...

Not at all..they were right in the middle of it. They were never above this ..but right in the middle of it. Most of us know so little history ..that we never make this connection. This ignorance cannot be accidental..but deliberately cultured and desired to be in this manner..that we do not know and many of us never taught.

I feel as though there is a big shift in how people are, as in they aren't as 'asleep' as they used to be. I'm not going to push anyone, but I'm no longer prepared to sit back and let those people destroy others.

Wow..BasementWarriorKryptonite..this is deep..intellectually deep. Not!!!

History??....who were the brown shirts??? The German SA who helped Hitler come to power. Who and what were they??

They were a dominantly Homosexual group who became the Nazi Party and eventually the storm troopers of the Nazis...the SS.

This is seldom brought out historically for what is is. The Thinking of the day was that only Homosexuals with their high emotional levels could carry out the brutal deeds required for state control. And carry it out they did...

However...Hitler had Ernst Rhom and much of his inside leadership killed off in the "Night of the Long Knives." Not for their homosexuality but for the political threat that they represented to the power structure and where the Nazis intended to take Germany.

Nonetheless..in the early days..the Homosexuals were right in the middle of this. They were not something separate.

If one knows...certain aspects of history ...these people crop up in positions of leadership and surround themselves with like minded people..and change the course of history. The line of Kings of England as well as other nations this is also to be found. Not separate but right in the middle.

It if folly to try to imply that this community is separate from history. ..but often right in the middle of it..including in the middle of all the violence. Only a public education in emotional entitlement can dumb people down so far that they no longer can realize this about the history. And I am talking here about Believers as well as non believers.

My point in all this is that you be very very careful about what you think is destroying others. It is not thing but a license by entitlement to become the very thing one dislikes or disapproves of in others.

They're going to be accountable to us and everyone else from now on. This world doesn't have room for it anymore. I'm sure you agree that it just doesn't.

Yeah...this was the thinking in the French Revolution...the world doesn't have room for it anymore. The French Revolution....the first scientific revoliution...where they killed off 20% of the French Population..one in five Frenchmen were executed for various reasons...but mostly for population control.

You're smarter that I gave you credit for the other day, so you know what? thanks for you post, too.

You are most certainly welcome. I hope this helps you and some of the other posters here to do some thinking rather than emoting.

This is a fast moving thread and my schedule does not always accommodate a timely response to yours or other posts.

But I will try to make it when time constraints allow.

Thanks for your posts once again, But seriously BasementWarriorKryptonite try thinking some time..not emoting. Know some history as well.

Orangetom

edit on 13-9-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
orangetom1999

Even if you are correct and there were gay people in these wars that has nothinG to do With their sexual orientation. They killed for politics not in the name of feeling a same-sex attraction to other men.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I started to reply to Orangetom, but anyone can just scroll up quickly to read the words I would have replied to. What an absolute joke.

Sorry, Orangetom, but none of that is worth addressing. You're clearly clueless on the subject and I can appreciate your attempts to understand, but you're so way off that it's ridiculous.

Have a good weekend.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The terminology you are looking for, is known as ad hominem.

That should show everyone, his argument is fallacious.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Perfectly put, thank you.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

Yeah, LOL, Moses and Jeremiah, and Jonah and Isaiah, and etc. etc. etc. , kept trying to tell the Hebrew people, mostly by threats, that they could only worship one God.

Jesus didn't believe in reincarnation.

Yes, of course he did.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: DarkATi

A great post, but I'm only going to address your question "why is god a dick?"

Here:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I don't check these boards as often as I used to.

The meme you posted makes several assumptions which I do not necessarily agree with: 1) It assumes that God makes people gay, which further assumes that 2) Homosexuality is a legitimate sexual orientation (as opposed to a corruption of heterosexuality). 3) It assumes that everyone who prefers the same-sex will go to Hell.

I'll try and tackle all three of these assumptions:

1) Sexuality is incredibly complex and there is little to no scientific evidence for the wildly popular belief that people are simply "born gay." I do not have my source material with me right now but you can check out "Sex & Gender: An Introduction" by Hilary Lips for more regarding this (FYI: She isn't some right-wing nut either; she's a liberal feminist psychologist). If you would like, I can post some quotes from her work later on.

2) The Bible views sin as a corruption of God's good world. That is my view on homosexuality. I do not believe it is a "legitimate" sexual orientation. What do I mean by legitimate? I mean that, in my view, God ordained man and woman to function together in sex. Women having sex with women, or men having sex with men, goes against God's ordained function for the human race. Therefore, it is an illegitimate orientation. (NOTE: I don't expect you to agree with me on this point. However, I am sincerely interested in your justification of homosexuality as a legitimate sexual orientation.)

3) The New Testament is very clear that we are "saved by grace, through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8). A person's sexual behavior does not determine where they go after they die. "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1).

So, to sum everything up... yes! God would certainly be a dick if he made people gay and then sent them to hell for it, but I don't see it that way. I believe that is a distorted view of reality.

EDIT: Ah! The meme also assumes that Hell is eternal. I'll give you the fact that most Christians believe this but there are Christians who are annihilationists. That issue all by itself can be a difficult one, so we should probably just stick to homosexuality but I wanted to mention it in case you were not aware that some Christians do not believe in an eternal Hell.

Blessings,
Cody
edit on 15-9-2014 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2014 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So basically, you believe that homosexuals are illegitimate which means that gays are inferior to you, since some of your actions may be sinful but you see the very existence of gay people as sinful.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I have to wonder... IF being Gay is not something "designed" by God...

Why is it found all throughout nature?

Perhaps nature is sinful?

Or Maybe God didn't create nature?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That raises the question. Would the True God, require threatening his creation to prove he is God? Seems his message is believe or die.

Maybe he is terrified of a higher God. Lol.

Is the Old Testament god an impostor?

edit on 15-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Get from behind me satan

well that is my 2 cent's

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

'The gay folk shall inherit the parades'...

A99

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I found your post to be surprisingly interesting to read through and have to say that I appreciate all the effort. I wasn't aware that some christians don't believe that hell is eternal.

I have to say, I don't believe in hell at all so it's a slightly easier to answer question for me.

I know where you're going with your post, but all I was doing was saying, well here's a pretty funny and yet frighteningly poignant meme to explain something rather complex.

I honestly can't bring myself to believe in, or worship the god of the bible. I believe there's something, but I'm sure whatever there is isn't angry or judgy and is cool with us being us so long as we do our best not to hurt other people and animals and our environment.

We don't always succeed, but we can do our best.

That's where I think so many christians and other religious people go so wrong. They are often the most judgmental people ever and it's their way or the highway. It's pretty frustrating.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

the god of the old testament is an imposter he would explain it would explain why Vengeance is his name but Love is the name of the God the new testament.

it would also explain why the god of the old testament said to show No pity for your Enemies, get revenge "eye for eye and tooth for tooth" but Jesus said not to follow this but to be merciful and love your enemies And turn the other cheek instead of promoting war and violence.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Let's say a mad man broke into your home and you have two children under the age of 10 or something. The mad man is heading to your children's bedrooms to kill them.. What would you do?

Would you take the advice of Jesus and not promote violence, show some compassion and mercy towards the one coming to kill your children (In other words pretty much do nothing)

or

Would you defend your children at all costs which includes being violent and aggressive towards a human who has become aggressive against you and your family?

This is a serious question because I have heard some say they would do nothing which to me is cowardly.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

You are trying to compare humanity with what it supposed to be perfection. A different realm of everything altogether.

That said, the god of the bible is imperfect and therefore should be expected to behave like a human.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No, the truth of the matter is the world is one f**ked up existence and in a perfect world I wouldn't have to ask those question in the first place. Because of that, I ask the question.. I lean towards the Islamic philosophy in dealing with aggressive, violent people, that's why I ask.

That philosophy is if someone is aggressive and violent towards me or my family, I am within my right to deal with them in the same manner even if it means killing them to protect me and my family. I just don't see how the Christian viewpoint can hold up, it pretty much tells you to cop it and bad luck.

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join