It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Planet (island) of the infected apes released from biolab (in Liberia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Have not made a thread for a while, but found an interesting documentary and thought I would do a little more research on the subject due to where in the world it is and what is happening there now.

The area in question is Liberia which as many of you , I am sure now know, due to the ebola outbreak ,is on the west coast of Africa.

Liberia has had two successive civil wars, first between 1989 and 1996 and the second between 1999 and 2003. However during this time many foreign companies still managed to thrive in the area. One in particular is Vilab

Vilab II was a research facility operated by the New York Blood Center in association with the Liberian Institute for Biomedical Research which ran from 1978

Vilab II is a complex of laboratories, housing for staff and housing for the chimps which set in the rain forest about 40 miles from Monrovia,it was one of several hepatitis research institutes.

Here is a 1984 New York Times article with a little information on Vilab

Vilab used chimps for their medical research. Apparently from 1984 onward they began to release some back into the wild.

In 2006 the New York Blood Centre announced that they would not be using chimps for their research any more.

In 2006, the New York Blood Center (NYBC) announced the decision to end their use of chimpanzees in research and close the Vilab II chimpanzee research facility in Liberia. According to the Hepatitis Research Foundation (HRF), associated with NYBC, Vilab’s remaining 74 chimpanzees would be resocialized into groups and released into the Liberia Chimpanzee Sanctuary, also known as the Vilab II Island Sanctuary Project, pending the completion of existing protocols. For example, in 2007, HRF completed a chimpanzee vaccine trial involving hepatitis B and C viruses, with human clinical trials scheduled to begin in 2008 when “chimpanzee research [would] no longer [be] needed.” The NYBC is said to have purchased more than six islands off the coast of Liberia as sanctuary for the chimpanzees.

So this now brings us to the title of the OP.
The island of the Apes. Here is a short video of someone daring to venture there. The apes dont seem too happy to see him and I dont think he would be alive too long if he had disembarked the boat.

Video doesn't seem to play on here (maybe its me) but here is the link to the VIDEO above

So we have a Biolab, operating near the capital of a country ,which had two extremely bloody civil wars ,which is strange in itself unless of course the US were supplying the arms (probably, but thats going off topic),.

A few things are going through my conspiracy mind. !st The connection with this lab and Aids/hiv (apes were released in the early 80s) and 2nd has there been any research into Ebola at this institute.?
Could an infected chimp that survived and was still able to spread disease have been released on one of theses islands, or even earlier into another population?

I have been looking and it is quite hard to find a lot of info on vilab. info on the New York blood center is readily available. On the outside they look like a caring charity . Who really knows what goes on in the dark. Here is a quote from wiki

Established in 1964, New York Blood Center (NYBC) is one of the largest community-based, nonprofit blood collection and distribution organizations in the United States. Through the integrated efforts of our blood services operations, NYBC annually provides some one million blood components to nearly 200 hospitals throughout New York City, New Jersey, Hudson Valley, Long Island, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.

NYBC provides blood products and services to meet the needs of cancer and surgery patients, accident and burn victims, AIDS and sickle cell anemia patients, transplant recipients, hemophiliacs, and many others. Its Clinical Services Program provides state-of-the-art transfusion services and highly specialized patient care procedures each year at hospitals in the tri-state area, and NYBC's Hemophilia Services Program ensures local hemophilia patients have access to the 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week care, counseling, and clotting factors they require.

wiki link
New york blood center

If anyone can bring some more information to this thread it would be appreciated. What was really going on there? Did anything get out?
Thanks for taking the time to read the thread , all comments welcome

releasechimps.org...
digitalcommons.calpoly.edu...

edit on 3-9-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: please work youtube vid

edit on 3-9-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: video is annoying me....arrrr

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: maythetruthbeknown

Fascinating, thank you!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I am glad you found it interesting and hopefully informative. I knew testing had been done in African countries, but before today I didn't know the extent and certainly didn't know about these islands of apes.As they say you learn something everyday.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is why the US isn't exactly our friend. They do nothing but create more and more bio weapons. When they run out of countries to experiment on be prepare when they drop the bomb on the their own civilian population.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Here is a map of the area infected by ebola a month ago.
It is exactly where the biolab operated . Now it could be nothing and just a coincidence but my conspiracy mind is telling me it is not.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Some information about The New York Blood center. Seems like they have done a lot of research into Hiv/Aids as well as other things

nybloodcenter.org...

Researchers in the Laboratory of Viral Immunology are focused on the development of therapeutics and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of HIV infection/AIDS and other emerging infectious diseases caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), SARS-like viruses, and influenza viruses.

HIV/AIDS
Discovered the first anti-HIV peptide derived from the HIV-1 gp41 C-terminal heptad repeat region. The patents for this discovery were licensed to Trimeris Inc., a pharmaceutical company which, in partnership with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., developed a peptidic anti-HIV drug, Fuzeon. This drug was approved by the FDA in 2003 as the first member of a new class of anti-HIV drugs, HIV fusion inhibitors, for treatment of HIV/AIDS patients who fail to respond to the current antiretroviral therapeutics.
Identified a series of small molecule "drug-like" compounds, peptides and recombinant proteins. These active molecules will be used as leads for development of next generation HIV fusion/entry inhibitors.
Investigating a “shock and kill” strategy to develop HIV activators to “shock” the latent virus out of reservoir and HIV inactivators to “kill” the virus and its infected cell, for curing HIV/AIDS.
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and SARS-like Viruses
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) was the first novel infectious disease identified in the 21st century.

Determined that the receptor binding domain (RBD) of SARS-CoV spike (S) protein can induce potent neutralizing antibody responses and protection against SARS-CoV infection using RBD-based antigens for developing effective and safe SARS vaccines.
Using SARS research findings, researchers are studying the novel human coronavirus (hCoV) which recently caused SARS-like illness and shows person-to-person transmission, raising serious global concern.
Influenza Viruses
The global spread of the highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) H5N1 and the continuous threat of future influenza pandemic have demonstrated the need to develop novel vaccines against virus infection.

Found that vaccine candidates containing the conserved neutralizing epitopes of the virus surface protein hemagglutinin (HA) linking to IgG Fc (an immunoenhancer) and Fd (a trimerization motif) could induce potent immune responses that cross-protect against divergent strains of influenza viruses.
Identified a HA1-targeting broadly neutralizing monoclonal antibody that cross-protected against multiple strains of H5N1 virus covering divergent clades.
These vaccines and therapeutics will be developed for preventing and treating infection of the current and future influenza strains that may cause epidemics and pandemics.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have been doing some digging. It is very hard to find information on Vilab II however during my searching, I did find some interesting connections.
Some of you may remember this thread about US Biological researchers being in west Africa.

This is a call for an immediate, thorough, and independent investigation of Tulane University researchers and their Fort Detrick associates in the US biowarfare research community, who have been operating in West Africa during the past several years.

What exactly have they been doing?

Why do we have reports that the government of Sierra Leone has recently told Tulane researchers to stop this testing?

The research program, occurring in Sierra Leone, the Republic of Guinea, and Liberia—said to be the epicenter of the 2014 Ebola outbreak—has the announced purpose, among others, of detecting the future use of fever-viruses as bioweapons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They had links to Fort Detrick where vials of Ebola may of gone missing sometime in the past and where the Anthrax used after 911 originated.

Earlier this year, during an audit of the nation's largest Level-4 BioSafety Lab (BSL-4) at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland, 9,220 vials of ebola, anthrax, botulinum, equine encephalitis virus, and other deadly germs were discovered in the proverbial dusty old storage area. No one even knew the vials existed and thus no one knows for sure whether any are missing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Is going slightly off topic, however there are a lot of things that seem fishy about this whole situation.

A thread written in April (before all this ebola hype says about a cure )

hat may be about to change. In the journal Nature, scientists -- who conducted much of their work in the secretive, high-containment biological laboratory maintained by USAMRIID at Fort Detrick, Maryland -- have reported the discovery of a small molecule that rescues rodents and monkeys from various hemorrhagic fevers. Even more, the drug exhibited activity against a wide range of viruses.

Again it relates to fort Detrick... As always it appears the deeper I dig the more dots I can connect..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone can find some info on Vilab then I would appreciate it. Even thought they supposedly closed in 2005 I feel they have some connection to this and almost certainly set the foundation for other biolabs to operate int he area.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Monkeys and apes die quicker than humans with ebola with near 100% mortality,

If any were realised in 2006 they would be long dead and likley took the ape colony with them.

Unliklely to be source of outbreak.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ok, thanks for the information. Do you have a source so I can read about it?
I was just fascinated that the Chimps had several islands created for them to roam free. Then kind of (like always) went off on a tangent.
Tin foil hat back on........ what about any involvement in hiv/aids...I mean its possible..

If you read my last post there seems to be a connection with Fort Dertrick

All the conspiracy aside at least the chimps now get to live a nice life away from cages and experimentation, so that is one good thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe chimps fall into the water, onto floating vegetation and get transported by the currents to the mainland. Or fishermen go ape hunting when they are hungry?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Yeah,it is possible. Also there were other chimps released into the wild prior to these islands being purchased so who knows what was released ,either by accident or on purpose.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Liberia is in a state of chaos from ebola, I hope there still feeding the chimps????????????

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
excerpt from op:

According to the Hepatitis Research Foundation (HRF), associated with NYBC, Vilab’s remaining 74 chimpanzees would be resocialized into groups and released into the Liberia Chimpanzee Sanctuary, also known as the Vilab II Island Sanctuary Project, pending the completion of existing protocols. For example, in 2007, HRF completed a chimpanzee vaccine trial involving hepatitis B and C viruses, with human clinical trials scheduled to begin in 2008 when “chimpanzee research [would] no longer [be] needed.”

I would estimate the NYBC's motives by how their Hepatitis B/C vaccine is faring with humans.

One thing I don't like about NYBC is that they will not give you any dollars for donating blood. Other organizations: same thing. I think it's actually a NY State-wide law.
edit on 3/9/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This thing was engineered and released. Maybe for resources there, to eventually mutate and cut the population I don't know. But it doesn't add up.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Hopefully, I doubt they would be able to sustain themselves on their own. Liberia is used to chaos and even in the worst situations you will always find good people. So they probably are still getting fed.
If not who knows what they would do. They would probably turn to cannibalism, either that or they would have to learn to swim, build a raft or fish......stranger things have happened...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You are correct the mortality rate is higher. Up to 95%. However that is up to. They cant release dead animals so if (and thats a big if) they were testing ebola vaccines on them and they released them back into the wild it is possible they could pass on the infection.

The lab was set up in 1978, Ebola was 1st found in 1976. Could this lab of been set up to secretly test ebola

Just throwing out a few ideas, however I do believe there is a connection with hiv/aid to this lab

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

I dont live in the US but I have a question for you. Apart from not paying for the blood donation are NYBC considered a good company? I think I remember a scandal relating to them......
Ah quick search and I got this

Under a large headline, ''To all who received blood from January 1991 to December 1996 in a New York/New Jersey hospital,'' they warned that ''there may have been a problem'' with the viral infections tests done during that period by the center, which provides about 80 percent of the blood used in New York City hospitals. As a result, blood recipients ''may face a potential risk of transfusion-transmitted infections, such as H.I.V. and hepatitis,'' the advertisements said. Anyone concerned was encouraged to call (800) 688-0900 to arrange for free testing.

In fact, the center's executives said, the advertisements were intended to reassure anyone with lingering fears stemming from a scandal at the center a year and a half ago, in which two employees were convicted and sentenced on charges of tampering with blood screening tests, creating false records and conspiracy.

www.nytimes.com...

Not the most reassuring thing in a company that should do one thing and that is screen the blood....

So it seems they are not as squeaky clean as they appear

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yes, it is entirely possible. Or it is natural.
Biolabs are meant to be secure but as in so many instances they have turned out not to be.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Here is a good documentary on ebola and eating monkey meat

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

But maybe, just maybe, they infected others (before they died their early death), the virus mutated and the disease carried on.
Just thinking of the possibilities.

edit on 3/9/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join