It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.2: Fake News, Fake Grassroots Campaign, the NSA, and more...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In this episode we take a hard look at a new Republican strategy to fool voters with a website dedicated to creating "link bait" with fake news on Democratic house members in "battle zone" districts. We show how the news is so horribly faked, they're citing supposedly real news, that doesn't exist. We also get into a mysterious effort to fool conservatives into thinking the Net Neutrality effort is a ploy to kill capitalism, the NSA's new iCreach database of evil-doers, Obama's debacle of a press conference, and more.

This is our third of four episodes in our "BETA Period" where we're testing out a number of things, and listening to viewer feedback. Be sure to check out our brand-new BS meter in this episode.

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Best episode so far!

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
MUCH BETTER

This is something I'd tell many of my friends about.
(I'd still skip telling my church friends)
You controlled the F-bombs.
The cuss'n was selective in placement and more effective.
Joe was more comfortable looking.
There was more information.
Got rid of the number scale and just put in the meter.

You kept it hip while making it more grown up.
Well balanced.

EDITED ... just found out that the local newspaper lied (no surprise there).
So disregard my previous comments that were in this spot.

(Man I'm glad I post here. I find out all sorts of things!!
)
edit on 9/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Excellent episode! You're really starting to get your legs, and the reduced profanity has no negative impact. Well done!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

OUT FREAKING STANDING!!!

Top notch show.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ive been watching since the start of this. This is my first appearance in these threads, but I have been here listening and watching.
Id like for you all to keep up the good work, and bringing some light into the darkness.

This video blog really did speak to me on a higher level than previous videos did. This video was well presented, and did not pander to heavy on one sides agenda.

It was very balanced video and presented very well in this one. Joe has a good speaking voice as his passion for this is expressed in his voice, and is easy on the eyes

Very good with exposing "fake" news! I think you are really getting here, your finding that sweet spot, that most hardcore ATS members have been waiting for. I know I am always waiting for the next Daily show, Colbert, And Oliver new show, last week.
I think if you can mix that format of parody news style, with your own style, I think you will have a great formula for success with these videos.

Exposing fake news is a MUST in today's fast paced world. Keep on calling them out on the BS! And you find yourself a large group of folks willing to listen. As long as you can remain out of the left VS right battle division tactics they use on us. As long as you do not fall prey to being Left, or Right Bias you are going to gather the people you want listening to you. Less you slant to the left, you will pander to left minded, Slant to the right you pander to right wing, and folks like me, will see through that. So my feedback is keep it balanced, and expose both sides of their BS. Just as you are doing so far
And I can see you having a great success with helping to expose Bullsh*t mountain!

Will be looking forward to more!

edit on 24414325095 by zysin5 because: Spaces and spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
the (left wing) paper here is saying net neutrality includes forced equal time/space instead of the free market running things.

They're wrong… and it's a bit odd considering the source. That's the erroneous "talking point" used by the astroturfing scumbags (as mentioned in the video) to spread FUD amongst conservatives. There's no Internet "Fairness Doctrine" if broadband becomes a Title II utility.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
I seem to remember it in the opinion section a while back.
I'll be writing a letter to them in the next few days.

(See the things people learn when posting here? Awesome!)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I can't say that I commented on the first two episodes, but I did watch them. This episode was EXCELLENT. If the future episodes follow this pattern of reading between the lines, I can say I will enjoy all of them. Thanks for the great work!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
By George I think you've got it!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I actually didn't mind being called stupid, the video makes a lot of good points. Edgy and more refined.

Good Job! It can only get better.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This was the most informative episode yet! Great job.

To give you one thing that you can work on I had to try hard... but you can practice telling us the information more naturally maybe? You wouldn't sound like that talking to your friends. Lots of luck!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

you need to relax.stop the unnatural surprise, use less bad words.
and try to smile a little... relax.

simplify if you can and give some pauses on complex issues, I need to "compute" the amount of info ...

about the trend or unbiased agenda for the show, only time will tell ..

keep on the good work
edit on 2/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Loved it!!

That meter is sooo much better!

This time you took your time and focused on topics properly. That was great. Much better than lots of little flash topics. And I couldn't help but laugh at the way you presented the Obama section. That was cool.

For some reason you sound quite quiet compared to the theme music.

But all in all, the best one yet. Could quite happily watch for longer. Nice half hour episodes.

Excellent work. Well done.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Doing a wonderful job imo, the toning down of excessive profanity is definitely a plus in this episode. Although I personally don't mind it too much, you will reach a much wider audience by toning it down as you have. Keep it up. Seems like mostly everyone commenting like what they see. I for one sure do.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Please keep em coming.....

IMHO these episodes are beautiful summaries of hot topics....

only thing is.... that cow really is doing my head in!

Mooooooooooo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That one was really good and dense.

I can see that I will finally be able to come to ATS to actually get a handle on important stuff that I've missed now.

In light of that, I would like to suggest that once you get rolling, that you add some PRN (medical lingo for "as needed") shows. You know, for the times when the bull# is so awful that you just have to get the news out.

I have high hopes for you, man, somewhere up there, Walter Cronkite is smiling.

Now: your material.

The final draft has to be yours, that's how you make it sound like you own it when you speak it, because you do.

It's more work, but the final draft needs to be yours.

Go get 'em.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I dunno, guys. Whoever the host is, his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. Everything seems forced and unnatural, and the writing certainly isn't helping.

I don't mean to be the guy pissing in the pool, but I think it could be a lot better.

Yes, the profanity has been toned down, but the timing and usage is still way off. It's not really contributing anything to the message.

And that two cents makes four.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What if instead of writing the shows script, you study the material and then just tell us from bulletpoints?

This way you won't forget important points but, you also will be able to let your personality come through.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey I thought it was great! You seem far more comfortable and I learned a few things. I also kind of like ending with a BS video like that. You had me laughing a few times too. I also liked the unedited f-bomb. Has a lot more punch and doesn't feel engineered. Glad to see the news ticker gone and whoever is editing is doing a great job syncing up those background images.

Constructive criticism:

-Tone down the number of times BS and $h!7 are said. Not because I care about the language but it got a little repetitive, maybe mix it up with crap?/nonsense/my ass
-Maybe tone down the reactions a bit, they seem a tad much
-This has been changing for the better with each episode but perhaps work on speaking as if you were having a conversation with a friend
-Music is a little loud (get off my lawn)
-Not sure if it's possible but I think a fix to the reaction faces might be to get the camera just a little bit closer so we can see facial expressions a bit better

All in all really good job and I'll be watching the next one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join