It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.2: Fake News, Fake Grassroots Campaign, the NSA, and more...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I think that's an excellent idea. It doesn't all have to be done in one take. Possibly break up the different segments so you can get a little more breathing room between topics. A really fast transition screen between segments wouldn't be awful I don't think.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
whoever is editing is doing a great job syncing up those background images.

Those happen in record-time. Everything you see in the studio, happens in the studio. The only post-production is syncing the separate audio track (not recorded to camera), and splicing in the intro and exit videos.

The goal has been to massively shorten, if not eliminate post-production hassles. (could use more audio post-production though, normalize, EQ, etc.)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Glad to see the streaming headlines were gone. Overall a much better presentation than the last two.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Seriously? Dang.

Good job.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great post well presented thankyou

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Excellent !!

What more can be said?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Another good show. I like Joe, and I like the content. He'll stand up to any one!

As I watch Internet videos, I realize there "radio videos" and true videos. in radio videos, the visual content doesn't matter that much, you can really just listen to it while doing something else. (Like Alex Jones) In true videos, you need to see what's going on as much as you need to hear. My advice would be for the producers to think of which of those two directions they want to move in. If radio, they need to spend some time just listening, working on voice cadence and sound flow (with sound clips to illustrate things) If true video, I would enjoy seeing more clips illustrating things being talked about, (good to understand US Fair Use laws) with the show being more of a multi-media news aggregator with Joe's commentary along with it.

Anyway, that's my feedback and my sense. But then again, whatever you're doing you're doing right, because I like watching this show.

PEace!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Much better, like the meter better. Stories were a little longer, good. Topics good. Muck better job. I myself like more info on matters. Though i don't think this site was meant to be like that. That said, i will watch then search what i am interested in for more info. Glad to see the good progress though. Not many comments here more flags, but at least some are watching. a reply to: theNLBS

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Congrats and nice presentation, but if you're anything like me I bet you find criticism more valuable (in some cases) so I'll look for some bones to pick

I've been a conspiracy enthusiast for awhile now, and while I hesitate to speak on behalf of others (let alone the whole of our CT subculture) I feel like nothing you have revealed in your betasodes are that surprising. Maybe I've gone numb to mainstream media, and my closest family and friends are in the same boat and don't pay any mind to televised news above the local level. I'd consider them as open-minded as people could be without their brains falling out, but just because it's my norm doesn't mean most other people are as fortunate.

While I think it's very important that someone do what you are doing, I think there needs to be something more… a silver lining to the seemingly neverending s#storm. I realize it's probably not a huge project at the moment, but I would consider more original research, as in polling the public, (both CTers and not) to see how many of them still buy into NLBS from the MSM, because I'd sure like to know. I would also put together a small team of journalists as resources allow and attempt to contact relevant parties as a legitimate arm of the free press (though I wouldn't hold your breath on an interview with the President, sorry.)

One particular reason I dislike cable news programming (whether it's Young Turks on the left or Hannity on the right), I get very annoyed at the fact that I have to use extra brain power to separate the reported 'facts' from the host's commentary/opinion, as if I should need reassurances on how to think (guess I'm not the target market then, eh?) I assume you're going to want to appeal to folks on both sides of the aisle. Though it probably conflicts directly with your premise (and title) for the show, maybe the concluding impression of "Do you (the media) really think we're still taking you guys seriously? C'mon." might wake up more sheeple than "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS NEXT LEVEL BULLS#IT??? Let the truth and their cheesy attempts to distort it expose them as the buffoons they are, rather than you as some angry long-haired conspiracy nut. (I'm profiling myself there too btw.)

So as far as a silver lining, maybe make some propaganda of you own. What I mean is, attempt to spin all the NLBS you report into something positive so viewers will be left with a sense of hope. Research and promote alternative methods of reporting and receiving news, so the MSM will seem more and more like the sinking Titanics that they are. (I'm a fan of VICE news personally, but I'd avoid playing favorites.) Also, maybe include educational bits about how to identify and counter manipulation techniques, use propaganda in a positive way, and talk to people about ways they can talk to others about NLBS (both the show and its contents) without seeming crazy and annoying. I see propaganda as a tool, literally for promoting something in a positive way. Why not empower your viewers with the same tools the MSM uses try and shape our views? I'd like to think if enough people had a better foundation in psychology and communication theory, we'd understand each other, ourselves, and our reality better.

Looking forward to what comes next. Best wishes and a bright future to you, brother.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: johnsequitur1221

Additional metaphors for idiots $4.99 now through Friday

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Nice work exposing the media's garbage. To twist it is to make it into garbage so that the supposed opposition's audience doesn't take it seriously.

Good on recapping, with information points thrown in about the topics.

As mentioned already, closer studio cam shots. IMO Don't be afraid to have animated expressions.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am biased for ATS, so I like it like the rest of them not that my opinion matters.

The biggest plus that I see, is that you are taking the criticism given and really listening to it. We all know how hard that is to do.

Each time you can clearly tell that there were also fewer "jitters". You are becoming more confident and that is absolutely what should be happening to ensure that the audience feels confident while listening to what you have to say.

So kudos for rising above ass and ego to accept the criticism and actually implement the changes suggested.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Hi ATS,

It's been quite the hiatus for me. I had to dig deep for my PW. I came back online because of this new show I've been hearing about called NLBS. It sparked my interest immediately. It hit me harder than the jumping cactus on my last hike..

I also listened to the ATS Live Radio show on Monday. Many good points were discussed about NLBS. I'd like to state a general comment first. I was gone for awhile due to work & family. Life gets busy sometimes and we need to help each other out, and even if that means helping ourselves. Personally, I am a very vocal and visual human. I enjoy reading and writing but I feel it takes longer to get my point across and/or understand anything unless its an audio or video feed. Ok, back on topic, here are my notes having watched all 3 beta test episodes..

BETA 3 notes

1 - I see a glare in the bottom TV, it shows Joe's arm, back of the studio when the bottom screen shows a darker image throughout the entire video. It's tough to see but once you see it, you don't NOT see it. Maybe a fix here is differ lightning techniques, idk?!

2 - I still see a light that shines but it might be the computer in the room as your flipping thru images to put on the TV screen.

3 - I like the BS Guy MEME. He seems like a good choice for when you call BS on a topic. (I call him the BS poster child)

4 - the new BS Meter - oh you so fancy! Good work! It's simple, clean, easy to understand and effective.

5 - longer episodes (10min) versus (5min)
I enjoy both formats, only comment here is it doesn't feel like 10min just went by. That's a good thing.

6 - I enjoyed the "thought/word" bubbles over Obama's face as if he was thinking that same thought. This is classic and super fun! A great way to punch the point home.

7 - the "moo" sound. I initially liked it but in this beta it does seem very loud. I would tone it down a fraction and then you got a winning "cow bell" that's ready to yelp when you drop a steamy turd on us, the viewers/audience. Maybe you make it louder the more BS a topic is... But still tone it down just a hair..

8 - I originally enjoyed seeing the scroll on the bottom even though it didn't do much for me. During the episode, I pay attention to 3 things..
1. The Topic
2. The Images
3. The Host
Now that the "news scroll" is gone, it's not missed. One more note about it - it did seem to give you a more legit show, but then again, I'm brainwashed as this is what MSM has done for years. They have trained us viewers to see this scroll as "breaking news" or more like "bullsh*t news"

When I think about it more, NLBS is anything but MSM so goodbye "news scroll" ..your death is already out of the obituaries

9 - Host Style/Presentation
Your style and presentation is getting much better Joe but slow down when speaking to some points as it may go over other's heads.. And remember to pause, take a breath (under your breath) and go into the next topic.
EX: the bit about NSA iCreach seemed unnatural/manufactured at the beginning of the segment.

-As having been a host before this is just something you will become a pro at in no time. Relax and have fun with it dude.

10 - I really enjoy the "one take" raw production aspect of the show. This makes it much easier to create the video (less post production work) and it gives you a real authentic feel as a viewer and I believe you. Like you said in your first beta, what you see is what you get. I dig that about this show.

11 - The final video @ the end - the Ebola video
It looks as if one of the doctors who is dressed in yellow is flung out of the "beat up truck/ambulance" as it speeds away. It's around 8min and 38 seconds in the video. Am I alone in this thought here? Just want to make sure my eyes still work.

All in all, great job! I'm proud to say I'm a member of ATS and I look forward to more NLBS videos.

-codegreenspace-

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: codegreenspace
3 - I like the BS Guy MEME. He seems like a good choice for when you call BS on a topic. (I call him the BS poster child)

That's the legendary Karl Pilkington

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
good information. your message gets lost in the bad delivery. profanity and name calling makes it seem like a comedy. I do like it but its hard to watch.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I see you're getting the hang of . . . timing. You know, that's what it's all in. I'm guessing you're getting over your jitters and we're seeing more of your usual personality.

Yes, we are idiots. I've traveled and talked to many people. I've worked phone support and talked to many people. I've been in and am currently in retail. I talk to and observe a lot of people. We are idiots.

OK, we're here on ATS chasing things most people would run from or refuse to acknowledge. So, we have to be a little smarter, right? Well, we do come to conclusions based on questionable evidence and gut feelings.

I'm hoping we're through being fooled by the upper class twits telling us what reality is. I know I've been fooled. That makes me an idiot.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Very informative, thank you!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input everyone. Lots of your tips and ideas have been taken into account... some in small ways, others in bigger ways, and we just finished recording our final beta episode. Look for the new video fairly soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Getting caught up on my NLBS watching, a fan here, no doubt.

Off to watch Beta 4 next, but wanted to drop off a couple of comments:

You could use a shock mount for your Yeti. That thing is so sensitive that it picked up the table taps. Turn the gain down, move it closer, and warm up your voice a bit more. At that point, add in a pop filter. You don't need to get a boom, as it'll work just fine like this:

Or this:

I'm in the camp that you "toned it down" a bit too much. If you want to be jagged, be so, but don't get so complacent that you totally remove the "flavour". What some feel is "gratuitous" to others is "refreshing".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join