It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas pastor demands public library ‘purge’ vampire books: I think it’s dangerous for kids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Lol. I think the souls of those eaten keep the Dragon belly nice and toasty like hot chocolate. I'm pretty sure you can hear their screams when it breathing fire.

lol. Sorry, had to go medieval twisted.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

None.

Free knowledge and information!

Ironic how people are so quick to ban things they personally don't like, and then get up in arms when someone they disagree with does the same..

A better approach would be to teach critical thinking and how to learn, rather than solely what to learn based on personal prejudice and bias. Doubtful that will happen anytime soon, sadly.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Watch out Pastor Missick! This guy just showed up at my door looking for you:

Coming straight out of his IRS-dodging induced imprisonment, he's looking for revenge, starting with YOUR locally censored book club!

P.S. Clearly this is just a joke, btw.
edit on 2-9-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: beezzer

none!! although I would greatly appreciate it if the johovah witnesses would stop knocking on my door trying to give theirs to me!!

come on
one groups wants this certain category of books banned
another wants some other books banned
how long would it be ya reckon before something you or me wants to read becomes the target of some fringe group!
why don't we just take the shortcut and burn them all?

Here's what you do with the watchtower. The next time a JW knocks on your door, accept the Watchtower, then say this, "Thanks for this! I was looking for the perfect kindling to start my fireplace." Then tear it up in front of the JW, keep the door open enough to see your fireplace (but don't let them in, that is a mistake!), walk over and place it in there and light it on fire.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well I've thought about opening the door and saying something like
"Oh Praise Jesus!!" laying my hands on their head and rebuking the devil while speaking incoherently in toungues.
but I think that would be overkill.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have a better idea. Teach your children that demons and vampires are not real. If you teach your child how to separate fantasy from reality they will have a firm grip on life.

Children who's parents believe in demonic powers and are afraid of these books need to see a shrink, in my personal opinion. What they are teaching thier children is a type of insanity that could be impossible to cure.

edit on 2-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I wouldn't recommend putting your hands on them. Last thing you need is a lawsuit for opening your front door.

You could try this though. When offered the pamphlet, say, "Well since we are exchanging literature, here take a free copy of MY favorite book." Then hand him a Satanic Bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I wouldn't recommend putting your hands on them. Last thing you need is a lawsuit for opening your front door.

You could try this though. When offered the pamphlet, say, "Well since we are exchanging literature, here take a free copy of MY favorite book." Then hand him a Satanic Bible.

My property..You have a 50/50 on what Id do. I could be polite.. or Id punch the devil out of them lay my hands on them ( sometimes casting demons out gets tough) if they came by too early.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well see, I'm trying to think of creative, non-violent ways to get the message across to them that they aren't welcome there and shouldn't ever come back; and I don't know where you live, but in my state if you were to punch someone on your doorstep, after trying to sidestep criminal charges you'd probably be facing civil charges. I'd rather just open the door in the nude for them or one of the actions I outlined above.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If we ban Twilight books, can we ban the movies too??

In all seriousness, the guy is another religious idiot who thinks his opinion matters.

Just shut up you moron, it's 2014.... crawl back under your rock.

edit on 2/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'd personally like to ban books by the "elites" in charge of war games, etc. So others do not play by their rules. We all know that's not going to happen anytime soon at least. One might say we learn from them, past and present, and are warned by who they rally are.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My kids didn't laugh in Expendables 3 when he said they incarcerated him for tax evasion!! Its not finny when it has to be explained.

This pastor should put his effort into something better. Like feeding people, after school programs... ANYTHING better.

originally posted by: parad0x122
Watch out Pastor Missick! This guy just showed up at my door looking for you:

Coming straight out of his IRS-dodging induced imprisonment, he's looking for revenge, starting with YOUR locally censored book club!

P.S. Clearly this is just a joke, btw.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well see, I'm trying to think of creative, non-violent ways to get the message across to them that they aren't welcome there and shouldn't ever come back; and I don't know where you live, but in my state if you were to punch someone on your doorstep, after trying to sidestep criminal charges you'd probably be facing civil charges. I'd rather just open the door in the nude for them or one of the actions I outlined above.

I have a good lawyer.

Seriously though, We have had them here one time. They have a book they keep with the addresses and info on who is a possible convert and they will return to those friendly homes. At least thats how they used to do it.. I dated a fallen, depraved, and pretty damned fun JW in college. I just say... nope, youre not getting in and we really arent interested. I point an annoying neighbor out to them and tell them he needs salvation.. BAD. My husband stripped naked to answer the door when we didnt have a full view storm door.. I like my method better.

There are JWs here.... ex and curret.. on ATS. They can confirm or deny the book.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

freedom of religion!! god told me he was sending them my way and I was to cast the demons out of them!! I didn't hurt them any and how was I to know they were allergic to the holy oil??
if a corp can practice their religion in healthcare
I most certainly can on my own property!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

He could always protest funerals, hate gays and bomb abortion clinics. I think he should stick to the lesser of the evils and whine about books. He seems the radical type.Good thing he doesnt have the balls to do wacko field work like others do.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wait so this guy thinks demons and vampires are real or something?

And we don't want to offend or learn about them or what?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If you say so. Do what you got to do. Violence is so low brow in my book. I feel you can do FAR more damage if you attack their psyche with comedy, and since it is non-violent they can't do anything about it except never return.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'll sympatize with the pastor a bit...

Vampires, is somewhat the glorification of evil. Demons from the bible aren't every far from vampires on many terms and having people identify themselves to a vampire because he's cool, it's not that hard for me to see that some religious people are against contemporary vampires.

Vampires, like demons, shouldn't be beautiful. They manipulate thoughts and make people sin, give themselves to their bidding and have their energy sucked up.

I would never ban books because of such premise but I agree that young people liking vampires could be misleading them into liking evil.

I would ban 50% of the music clips of today much sooner than vampire books.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well that's no fun... I guess you tell telemarketers to just take you off their call list, too, instead of stringing them along pretending to buy something (say they are selling windows, doors, or siding) then at the last minute as they are about to complete the sale, quickly say, "Oh yeah I have an apartment."

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I'll sympatize with the pastor a bit...

Vampires, is somewhat the glorification of evil. Demons from the bible aren't every far from vampires on many terms and having people identify themselves to a vampire because he's cool, it's not that hard for me to see that some religious people are against contemporary vampires.

Vampires, like demons, shouldn't be beautiful. They manipulate thoughts and make people sin, give themselves to their bidding and have their energy sucked up.

I would never ban books because of such premise but I agree that young people liking vampires could be misleading them into liking evil.

I would ban 50% of the music clips of today much sooner than vampire books.

Oh I agree completely.. he can believe what he wants. So dont read them and have enough faith in your children that they wont seek out evil. That they can resist temptation. Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Maybe the good pastor knows he is not raising up his children to be righteous.. so he has to remove the temptation... silly silly pastor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join