It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wisdom Of Bruce Lee "To Learn To Die, Is To Be Liberated From It"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not much to say, I really like the video. The quote in the title, I believe will be enough to ascertain whether or not you will like the video.

Anyone oppose? Please reply.

Bruce Lee is like Achilles, a legend. They will never be forgotten... Achilles especially cuz they named a tendon after him.

R.I.P. to everyone who has ever died, you know who you are.

edit on 1-9-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Dude?

That video made me invent a new web-acronym: spdnw

Sad piano, did not watch.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

My sarcasm filter is disabled right now so,

I didn't get the 'sad piano' feeling. More like, the 'Rocky running up the stairs' feeling.

So, better shut up.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The wisest and most beautiful thing he ever said, he expressed through the fine medium of buttkicking!

I jest of course. I think it is a shame that Mr Lee did not live longer, since I often wonder what the world would be like, if he were still around, and every time I get to thinking along those lines, I come to the conclusion that it would be better.

I mean, for all that he could leap through the air and decapitate a person with a foot to the face, he was, by all accounts, a supremely chilled out guy. With all the total lethality he had at his disposal, he made art! With all the destructive capacity he had, it was his control over that ability that was jaw dropping. Personally, I believe that in terms of raw philosophy, there are greater individuals in history, and there are even greater individuals now.

But in terms of being a complete person, a person who inspires, a person who has actually placed their philosophy at the centre of their actual composition as a being, a person who, despite having a philosophy, did not engage in so much navel gazing that he forgot to nourish his body as well as his mind...You cannot top Bruce Lee. When I am long dead, they will still speak his name, know his words, and attempt to emulate his moves.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Both of my kids came to me separately with the ,"wth are you watching? " ... they agreed with you!

originally posted by: Bybyots

Dude?

That video made me invent a new web-acronym: spdnw

Sad piano, did not watch.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Right on man, you just made me think of those type of people i've heard, Ghandi. MLK. JFK. Is just good to know there are real people out there, not just drones. By the way, does anyone know anyone who perpetuates these sorts of ideologies... that are alive today??? (Ghandi, MLK, JFK, Achilles)???

edit on 1-9-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Ok i've watched the video for the 3rd? 4th time? Who knows, im drunk.

I don't understand how this can be taken as 'me wanna cry'????? I felt nothing but positive energy as I was watching the video.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

There are none. They've all been weeded out.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have the honor of living in a small town with one of the world's greatest Tae Kwon Do masters. This guy is no joke. I have tried to give him what I've got, and I can not even touch him. Here is a demonstration of a 540 degree triple contact spin kick. Those are solid planks of wood he's splitting. I inspected them myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Hell, I don't know.

I think it depends on perspective. I think that the people of this age dictate who their new idols are. I think the thing is that fame these days is not often acquired by a path which also contains the acquisition of wisdom.

Heh.. The comedian, Bill Bailey... He is a good egg. Great comic, and very interesting and eccentric individual, but also a very intelligent fellow by all accounts, while also being prepared to use his fame to promote good causes, like the fight against testicular cancer and prostate cancer... Basically, the cancers with which males concern themselves more than the others.

He's certainly a dude in my book, but no where near as balls out badass in every way, as Mr Lee.

I tell you what though. Anyone suggesting Chuck Norris... Well, those folks need a slap!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks Yip Man for allowing Bruce Lee to flower under you and for sharing your teachings and influences throughout the world.
edit on E14America/Chicago09159 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

Wong Shun Leung trained Bruce Lee, not Yip Man. Yip Man was about 65 and he sent him to Wong. Bruce trained with Wong for about 2 years.

WONG SHUN LEUNG: THE LEGEND BEHIND THE LEGEND

edit on 1-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

That's an awesome video.

Thanks, man.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Not sad piano.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sorry about being off topic ... and the flower thing... was under the influence as well...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh lord... here I go making enemies again. Bruce Lee.. he was full of crappola a lot of times. He'd make wise sounding crap up and whites eat that crap up. LMAO!! Until my recent injury, I was a competitive fighter. In the last 5 years I did charity fights and crap like that. The word that comes to mind with some who love Lee and Martial arts is OBSESSIVE. They have a fave person who "speaks" to them and they eat every word up they say. Marketing of a guy who disregarded his training and went hollywood was great. Some of us call it selling out. You can create a legend any day of the week... people LOOK for a legend to hitch their dreams to. Easy peasy. Lee was a sellout.

You can bash me.. I dont typically give a rats ass if anyone disagrees with me on a messageboard..
Its my opinion. Im a minority. If you disagree with me Ill just call you racist and win. LMFAO!! Ahh.. joking. Ive had it with Ferguson snce I live in the metro area.

I have some wisdom from you from the fighting Blackfeet warrior... Swiss Rolls are good. Never buy the off brand ones. The chocolate is cheap and sticks to your teeth.

new topics

top topics

join