It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge electric static arcs at Fukushima Saturday night??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just came across this and the quality is pretty bad, so it's hard to say for sure, but the area definitely lights up quite a bit during this strange event. Footage appears to be running at 20x speed

Possibly some more information:

majiasblog.blogspot.com...

EDIT: More videos of the smae/similar phenomenon (these are at standard speed)

Start at45sec:

Watch whole video:

edit on 1-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It does get brighter...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Looks to me like either fog or rain moved in and the moisture on the lens distorted the light.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Looks like rain on the webcam

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
Looks to me like either fog or rain moved in and the moisture on the lens distorted the light.

What about the massive arc in the lower left?

The rest of the image remains really clear, with no visible distortion to the towers or other structures, just the white arcs seem to appear. Apparently this has become a known phenomenon at the plant and especially during storms the whole place glows purplish.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah it looks like rain or moisture on the glass.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Could also be electricity

edit on 1-9-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I watched the vid again and I assume you are talking about the 50 sec. mark.
I see what you are talking about but it still looks like some sort of light distortion to me. Maybe someone with some camera knowledge will pop into the thread and enlighten us.
No pun intended.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I also noticed that the anomaly appears after the fog or rain comes in but is not visible after the sky clears.
Of course that doesn't mean that the moisture didn't cause some sort of arcing.
Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Definitely arcs of electricity. No comment from officials, of course.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's the seven story tall Mufon that comes into frame at 1:00 and starts chewing on the reactor building that worries me.

Where do they get these useless cameras from?

For something as massive and over-designed as these things you'd think they'd at least have a legible image!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

For something as massive and over-designed as these things you'd think they'd at least have a legible image!

Maybe they don't want you to have a clear image.
Or...maybe it has something to do with radiation or electricity effecting the camera.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There is something else...

In the foreground, before the possible electromagnetic event begins to show, at the base of the tower (just left of center of the shot) there is a long, thin object which appears to be stuck in the ground somewhere, and it moves as if caught on a breeze. Perspective on the shot makes it difficult to see precisely what it might be, or what size it could be, but you can clearly see, if you look at the base of the tower both right at the beginning of the video, and after the event begins to die down, that there is a long thin object swaying around in front of the base of that tower.

Now, as to whether or not this is a trick of the light, and all we are seeing is storm rain, and the attendant halo caused by drops of water on a lens.... I don't know about that... some of the movements of these halos seem far too pronounced to be water reflection.

That said... I do not know why, but looking at this shot reminds me of those old Jerry Anderson shows, you know, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlett... There is something fishy about the scene, but I cannot put my finger on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

In short there are housings that hold the cams at Fukushima. They have screens on front which drops of water from rain or fog build on. Out of the focal plain of the camera lens they refract light sources such as lights at the plant. At least we know they are working around the clock. Must be some kind of emergency.

Heres a thread about it…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How do you know this is even at fukashima? It could be anywhere. Could be an electric generator plant for crying out loud.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In short there are housings that hold the cams at Fukushima. They have screens on front which drops of water from rain or fog build on. Out of the focal plain of the camera lens they refract light sources such as lights at the plant. At least we know they are working around the clock. Must be some kind of emergency.

Heres a thread about it…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Japan builds video cameras and housings for the harshest environments in existence.

Neysa is right, the images are deliberately downgraded to make them worthless.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What electricity? The plant is not operational. Any electricity would be subsidiary. From some other source. Not produced by the shut down plant. reply to: Restricted

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why? Why would a short in any electrical supply be down played if that is in fact what this is? What pending disaster does this fortell ? reply to: Psynic

link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
How do you know this is even at fukashima? It could be anywhere. Could be an electric generator plant for crying out loud.

I know FOR A FACT it is DEFINITELY NOT at "fukashima".

link   
The fog must contain electrolytes. It may have caused a shorting of the high voltage. This does show that there is a possible problem there though

I am definitely no expert on nuke power plants but I do know a little about high voltage and conductivity. I don't think that this is anything to worry about though, except that the safeguards aren't working properly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join