It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchips could become commonplace in humans in a decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Get ready to get chipped.

You can inject one under your skin and no one will ever notice. Using short-range radio frequency identification (RFID) signals, it can transmit your identity as you pass through a security checkpoint or walk into a football stadium. It can help you buy groceries at Wal-Mart. In a worst-case scenario – if you are kidnapped in a foreign country, for example – it could save your life.

Microchip implants like the ones pet owners use to track their dogs and cats could become commonplace in humans in the next decade. Experts are divided on whether they’re appropriate for people, but the implants could offer several advantages. For soldiers and journalists in war zones, an implant could be the difference between life and death. A tracker could also help law enforcement quickly locate a kidnapped child.

“In the long run, chip implants could make it less intrusive than some emerging ID systems which rely on physical biometrics (like your fingerprints or unique eye pattern),” says Alex Soojung-Kim Pang, author of the book “Distraction Addiction” and visiting scholar at Stanford's University’s Peace Innovation Lab.

“This should be a matter of individual choice, but fighting crime should be much easier using chips,” adds sci-fi author Larry Niven, who predicted chip implants in the ’70s. Niven said he supports chip implantation for security reasons, provided it is an opt-in measure.

www.foxnews.com...

Of course it will be an opt in measure at first until it becomes very convenient especially with stopping crime. Then you might look suspicious if you don't get a chip. They will ask, why don't you want to get a chip? What are you hiding? The article then talks about the benefits of getting chipped.

But consider the possibilities: People could unlock their homes or cars, gain access to a building, pass through an airport and even unlock their laptops without using a phone or watch. A pin code could be used to activate the chip – or to deactivate it to maintain privacy.

They are easy to install and remove, and, because they are implanted under the skin, they are unobtrusive. The chips, which could be the size of a thumbnail, could be injected into an arm or a hand.

If children were chipped, teachers could take attendance in the classroom. Lipoff said that GPS would not work because skin would block the signal, although new Near Field Communication chips like those in current smartphones could work because of their low-power requirement. However, no-one has yet tried to implant NFC chips.

Police could track cars and read data without needing to scan license plates. At a hospital, administrators could locate a doctor without having to rely on a pager. And if you walked into a donut shop, the owner could read your taste preferences (glazed or not glazed) without needing a loyalty card.

Can't teachers take attendance in class today?

I think if another major terrorist attack occurs these chips will be pushed even harder.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I saw on the news the other day that a Rugby team has their team shirts embedded with a GPS chip.

I think this is it.

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com...

edit on 30/8/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

We already have something with similar functions, it's called cell phone. What you mention in your thread is just an upgrade. Sadly, millions will ask for it. Nobody will force them. Then you'lll see all young people with saggy pants and fake nail online 24/7. Later, a computer virus will make all them zombies or brain-hacked.

Man...., first time I make a prophecy.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Between this and microchip birth control, I think we are all getting chipped

Remote-controlled contraceptive microchip could launch by 2018

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They will have hold me down and insert it rectally. There is no way on this green earth that I will ever willingly implant one of these things in my body. This will take surveillance to the nth degree and TPW can go straight to he!!.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

Better hope you never have to go in for a surgery or dental work.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
People chip themselves for fun these days. They call it "bio-hacking". You'd be surprised the stuff you can do and sense with the right kind of chip.

People are even putting tiny magnets under their fingertips which allow them to sense magnetic fields so to speak.

Samsung has some products including door locks which can only be operated by the person with the linked chip under their skin.....

I do not see forced micro chipping in our future. And frankly some of you make RFID's way scarier than they are. Granted I would not want one under my skin that could be read by the government and anybody else. But there are some crazy possibilities out there for enthusiasts who get an encrypted chip in their skin that only they can manipulate. Programming electronics, sensitive data storage, etc....

Besides this whole idea of forced chipping is not necessary. They have facial recognition tech everywhere these days. Why do they need a chip to tell them who they are when your face is already logged into facial recognition databases. As soon as they can index and search these databases in real time - it'll be just as bad.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not going to happen.

Though I will invent Faraday Gloves.

edit on 30-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Face recognition can be defeated through sunglasses, beards and eyebrow combing. Fingerprint reading can be defeated using clingfilm. Iris print reading can be defeating using contact lenses. So that just leaves having some bit of silicon with an ID number.

But if it were possible to get a communications chip implanted, that would be freaking useful. The way people use smartphones and social networking applications goes beyond a white paper circular notice "meeting at the community hall on Wednesday at 9pm". It's more like being on a group conference call that never ends; "Muster call at 8am", "Oh, no, I can't do 8am, I'm getting my nails done. Can we do it later after 9am" "I can't go after 10am - I'm getting my hair done by Antonio at 10.30am. Could we make it 9.30am?" "Yes, let's do 9.30am" "Shall we meet up at the Coco cafe or the Deli?"

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't want one and will find a way to be allergic to it. I don't even like ereceipts. There's no way I want less privacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Evidently the people who accept it develop lesions and sore all over their body. Maybe they used the wrong plastic. Or like someone said, it gets hacked

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When this becomes commonplace I will start referring to people as the cattle that they are.

If people really take to this without alarm I'm switching sides, if they keep taking it in the ass they deserve all that is coming for them.. Coming to ATS for so long, having been "awakened" now for a while I can't help but start sympathizing with TPTB. Most people are sheep, peons, conformist cowards.. useless eaters as they'd say.

"When they go back down for a visit or to help other people up, they find themselves objects of scorn and ridicule."

How many times did they call us idiots and crackpots for even suggesting this?
Where are they now? I'm guessing they're silent.. rationalizing it in some way to avoid the uncomfortable truth.

Forgive me for my misanthropy, I can't help it these days.. I'm jaded.

new topics

top topics

join