It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man taken to jail for sitting in public area

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Cops caught on camera harassing another man, then tasing him and hauling him off to jail.

He was just previously sitting on a bench near some bank waiting to pick his children up from school. Supposedly some boneheaded person called the cops about a "suspicious looking black man" before the ruckus started.

Before I read the "why bring race into this again" argument, just listen to when he pleaded, pleaded to the white male cop by calling him "brother" and the cop responded by saying "I am not your brother". Now, I don't know about you but that term is used in many ways and in this instance it was a term of endearment and also a cry for help, which of course, went unheeded.

Incident happened in early 2014. Cops confiscated the video and later dropped all charges.

Police roughly arrest man from Sky Way

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'd love a decent world where someone would shout please help me and the rogue evil satan worshipping creeps would be surrounded by real good people who would say, Is There A Problem? Did you have reasonsable suspicion he had committed a crime? Then he will be released and we're arresting you and charging you.

Thats the world I want ASAP.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I hope he and his children sue individually for pain and suffering. To listen to that man beg for assistance was horrible.

This has got to stop. NWA said it right. How dare they do that to a human and then tell this man to calm down?!

I see racism too. He's lucky they didn't shoot him. And they grabbed his junk enough that he asked if the man was gay. Just wow. They arrested him for nothing. This is a civil rights violation. We all need to be very afraid.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Well. Cops are in the wrong, you can't demand someone to tell them your name. The proper procedure is to ask for I.D... once again stupid cops can't handle confrontation. From what I saw, the dude didn't do ANYTHING wrong, the cops didn't even make any demands, or try to just talk things out.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I hope he and his children sue individually for pain and suffering. To listen to that man beg for assistance was horrible.

This has got to stop. NWA said it right. How dare they do that to a human and then tell this man to calm down?!

I see racism too. He's lucky they didn't shoot him. And they grabbed his junk enough that he asked if the man was gay. Just wow. They arrested him for nothing. This is a civil rights violation. We all need to be very afraid.

No people shouldn't be afraid, they should exercise they're rights and sue the law breakers!

Here ya go, like THIS
edit on 28-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You see I agree. I'm concerned that the LEO are constantly doing this. As if this were the correct procedure. Its not. Why do they think it is?

To sue on an individual basis won't stop this from occuring. The underlying issue needs to be addressed. The LEO need to go back to being a part of the community they protect so that they actually care about the people they are working to serve.

They all need to be retrained and constantly recertified. Or they can get different careers.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

No people shouldn't be afraid, they should exercise they're rights and sue the law breakers!

Here ya go, like THIS

No they didn't do the shooting thing, too compliant but the arrogant repeated,"Your going to gaol" thing is too much.
'Loitering' while sitting on a seat provided, I see rascism profiling here too, something sadly wrong with over privileged laws.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
He had been asked for ID. I guess you all think it is ok that he was picking up his kids and had some pot in his pocket,right? Leave it at home and smoke up when the kids are in bed. THAT Is why he did not want to talk to the officers. He was holding. Case Closed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

disgusting. deplorable. not surprising. same new same old

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I could be wrong but he should have asked from the beginning on tape "am I being detained"???

If they answered yes the second question would be "on what grounds"???

If they did that crap to him after he was told he was not being detained. Woohoo that would be one hell of a lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Being discussed already here and your blog source would add to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Jesus, this is one of THE worst videos I have ever seen! His pleading and the concern in his voice gave me chills.

I'm not one to condone frivolous lawsuits, but I hope he sues the pants off these fools. He hit the nail on the head when he said it was bc he is black....Welcome to Amerikka!

Btw, love the end when he calls them "racist mo' fo's" because they are. The lady cop was just as bad...totes obnoxious and just annoying. Useless!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes the initial grounds were baseless, but to be obstinate with the police then later pleading for help, come on now. Could have easily helped before things escalated.

If you're going to be obstinate at least take it gracefully. It's like doing a sit in then freaking out when you get arrested.
edit on 8/31/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He had been asked for ID. I guess you all think it is ok that he was picking up his kids and had some pot in his pocket,right? Leave it at home and smoke up when the kids are in bed. THAT Is why he did not want to talk to the officers. He was holding. Case Closed.

If that's true, the cops had no probable cause, thus no right to search him so it's irrelevant. He wasn't being detained.

In the US you do not have to provide ID if a police officer asks. You only have to provide ID if driving a motor vehicle so that they can check that you are licensed. Just sitting on a bench or walking down a street requires no obligation of ID, you aren't even required to carry an ID for that matter.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Feeble minded men/women should not be allowed to be in any authoritative position. Plain and simple. Actions based on fear, and actions set forth with no logical reason should be shunned in our society. After a few generations maybe more actions will be based on compassion and understanding...it's a stretch, I know.

This guy handled the situation very well and if the male officer wouldn't have approached the situation like a chubby bastard with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to the world...well this would have gone completely differently.

And so what if the guy had a little weed on him. Oh. That's right. It's illegal (for now). Illegal like when a cop tries to harass a citizen with no probable cause...hmmmmm...

He sounded like an educated guy with his life on the right track. Judging by his sleeve he was wearing a nice coat and doesn't have monetary issues because of the evil devil weed...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
And so what if the guy had a little weed on him. Oh. That's right. It's illegal (for now). Illegal like when a cop tries to harass a citizen with no probable cause...hmmmmm...

The weed is irrelevant, it's just an attempt at character assassination. That isn't what he was detained for and they had no cause to search him. He stands a very good chance at trial of having any such charges dismissed. Evidence obtained in an illegal matter can't be used against you.

If you're loitering the police can ask you to move and the man complied. They can ask your name but you have no obligation to be honest about it. They can ask for your ID as well but in most states there is no law stating you have to provide ID. It is perfectly legal to not carry ID if that's what you want to do.

The cops harrassed this guy, covered his camera to hide what was going on, and then took things even further.

Utterly ridiculous.

This man knew his rights but he didn't know what is quickly becoming the most important phrase when dealing with the police, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread: "Am I being detained?". If the answer is no you are free to go. If they answer yes they need a valid charge.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
that is just sick....i think swastika's should be added to the uniform.....

so is there any more to the story what happened to the guys kids ? did he get them in the end...were they taken to child services ?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Not sure why you titled it 'black man' instead of 'man' but ok. a reply to: Jaellma

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just another example of fascist America.

About time the rest of the world boycotts everything USA - currency, trade, tourism, information technology, food, and especially ideas and policies.

top topics

join