It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here come the lawyers with all their suction-cup tentacles.

Five people have filed a $40 million lawsuit saying police violated Constitutional Rights.

The People were protesters @Ferguson.

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI)– Five people are named as plaintiffs in a federal lawsuit filed alleging police violated their constitutional rights during protests in Ferguson.

Lawyers and five individuals talked about the experiences with police following the death of Michael Brown Jr. The multimillion dollar lawsuit was announced on the steps of the federal courthouse in downtown St. Louis. It names St. Louis County, its police department, the city of Ferguson and its police department along with individual officers.

The lawsuit demands $40 million for compensatory damages.

Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
As far as I am concerned the people of Ferguson should not be rewarded for tearing up and destroying there own neighborhood. ...However I am a strong supporter of civil rights and liberties and believe that the LEO'S that violated those rights should pay a large price for there terrorist actions....I sincerely hope they win...and let this be a message that rings loud across the nation...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I bet the media corporations will be right behind, with their lawyers, on behalf of all the journalists that were assaulted and whose rights were also violated.

edit on 28-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I trully hope a judge sees all the constitutional violations that the LEO who are supposed to be trained to avoid. I also hope that the law abiding citizens don't have to keep being lumped in with the few that did do wrong.

Fortunately most judges make rulings based on the law and the knowledge that the constitution of the united states is what keeps us from living in tyranny.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Anyone watching any of the live streams already knows that a lot of rights were violated buy hey lets just let it happen they brought it on themselves, right?

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's about time Leo's in general start waking up to the reality that American citizens are their duly appointed objective, and not tptb. That being said, the unfortunate aspect of a lawsuit is that John Q Public will end up paying for it, not the perpetrators. Until we have a law change that holds them personally responsible for their actions, we'll get scared every time.
edit on 28-8-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join