It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

no way,,,,,

yup,,

remember its the White House were being,,,

watched,,, not arrested,,relaxe Eric,,put ur hands down..

lol

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

Why should there be a strategy to deal with ISIS when it's none of our business? If they are such a problem, let the Middle East nations get together and deal with it!

The bigger problem in all of this is that the US thinks they should be involved in everything going on in the world. We either invade a sovereign nation to neutralize a "threat" or we arm groups of people to take them out......and then the guys we arm end up hating us and using the weapons against us.

I hope Obama doesn't come up with a plan unless we are threatened on our own soil.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"Breaking News!, This is CNN and here is Wolf Blitzer:"

"Hello, I am Wolf Blitzer, and you are not. Today we are faced by 2 escalating wars. The first in Syria and Iraq is facing the daunting and powerful ISIS!! An army of 10,000 threatens the security of the US. Obama has stated "I have no strategy yet. I will have to consult with my stratego, folks. Today aint the day for folksy comments, but I am gonna do it anyways. I will have a strategy quicker than you can say lickety split!".

(Again, Wolf
"For the 2nd war we are facing today: Ferguson! Tanks were said to have moved in, according to reports, no doubt sent in by Putin! So far, no word from Obama about a strategy there, even though he has said he was going to send in 120 FBI agents to look into civil rights violations by Ukrainian Separatists".

"In other news Obama was said to be heard mumbling ISIL, ISIS over and over again..."

edit on 28-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Problem is he does play for our team, you know kinda like that dorky kid you had to choose for your kickball team, because he was the last one left...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No plan for ISIS? Who the told him it would be a good idea to appear at that Press conference in a Tan jacket?

The Nation is perplexed...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

Why should there be a strategy to deal with ISIS when it's none of our business? If they are such a problem, let the Middle East nations get together and deal with it!

The bigger problem in all of this is that the US thinks they should be involved in everything going on in the world. We either invade a sovereign nation to neutralize a "threat" or we arm groups of people to take them out......and then the guys we arm end up hating us and using the weapons against us.

I hope Obama doesn't come up with a plan unless we are threatened on our own soil.

Hey! You know what? You are right! However, there still would be a strategy of un-involvement. A strategy of hands off. Instead what we have is a President, with a disaster of a Foreign Policy, saying he has no strategy...period.

It's not like this problem just popped up overnight. It's not like this just reached a crisis point...

It's not like we haven't been asked, by those in the area for help.

It's not like we just tossed everything we accomplished in Iraq down the toilet. Oh....wait. We did that already.

link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Sarah Palin asked, “But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed, when the roar of the crowd fades away, when the stadium lights go out and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot, when that happens, what exactly is our opponent’s plan?”

link   

Tell wolf he forgot the Russian advances in Ukraine, and their economic threats.

Furguson?... Really?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
What does this clown have to do before people get it, stand behind the podium and yell "Allah Akbar" !!

He is saying that some of the best military strategist's in the world don't know what to do with a group like ISIS....... god help us if we have to go up against the Russians in Estonia.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Why did he appear at all?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Interesting... You are suggesting that Sarah Palin would have an answer? I loved her speech...but not the one where she can see Russia from her doorstep.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

and who changes there god given name from Barry,,,nice name , too

BARACKKK,,???
O
Bama??

code for Bob??? lol,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

uhh...yeah. It was a joke. The whole post lol

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

something's wrong...something is really wrong.

it's seems to be a distress call, like when you're a hostage and you can't say anything.

the Tan suit is not normal...not in my entire life have I seen a President wearing one on television during a White House press conference while discussing existential threats.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I knew it was, It's just sad that it seemed so believable.

lol

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

well there was that time a threat was made against his daughters,, u know,, the hushed up ,,thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
the puppet....err President does not have a playbook to deal with ISIS-ISIL-Caliphate because He purged any talk of 'radical Jihadists' as not being possible in the beautiful & moderate socio-political ideology of Islam....
that is still the Official WH policy,
mostly headed by the 6 Muslim Brotherhood clique that runs policy for this incompetent-or-traitorous administration (according to a growing list of anti-Øbama lawmakers and Media)

Inaction allows ISIS to commandeer more storehouses and armories loaded with 'left-behind' military equipment in Iraq it also inspires more converts to the barbaric methods used by ISIS from the greater Muslim populations around the world including the disenfranchised westerners that seek a thrill vacation in Syria/Iran to hack-off-heads or other atrocities..
Øbama aids & overtly assists Muslims in every aspect of government aid & help in the homeland while turning over the Christians apple-carts at every instance during his regime

I already laid out a strategy against ISIS...starting with the latest Syrian Airbase taken over by ISIS + Aleppo, an ISIS HQ, and Raqqa another ISIS HQ...

utterly level thos 3 targets...leave those cities & airbases looking like Sodom & Gomorrah ~utterly dust and sandhills ~

then go from there in taking back the towns, villages that ISIS took on their Road-to-Baghdad blitzkrieg...all by air destruction and NO-Life-left-Behind saturation destruction...ISIS will have no escape routes available/ No hiding places left/No hostages left to hide behind or murder as they awaited their own inglorious demise...
bacon drops before the aerial exterminations will keep all the ISIS from becoming Martyrs... but that may be illegal to do
edit on th31140926507528312014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The thing is...you wear a tan suit when you are relaxed on vacation. Providing, that is, that you have more money than the average Joe.. a lot more money.

If you are relaxed, uncaring, feeling no pressure, and have not mentally returned to work after your vacation, you wear a tan suit to an interview.

lol. Either that or you are a comedian at heart.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The head of the CFR, Richard Haass, has called for an extreme response to ISIS.
He is the supposedly top Globalist guy so Obama will either take his plan or if not you know Haass is running a con game

Look to Syria to halt the deadly march of Isis

War-Weary America Has to Show Its Steel in Iraq

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm not an Obama fan but trying to figure out how to handle an Islamic state is like trying to stop the rain. I can only wish him the best of luck.

Well I don't have a plan either but how about something off the cuff like this. Redirect 90% plus of the drone/air strikes we're launching worldwide for a month into the area controlled by ISIS. If it's in those areas and if it's military bomb it back to the stone age.

Then we see how it's going in a month. But I'm not the POTUS so what do I know?

Just an idea. Oh yeah and warn any allies to get the heck out before zero hour.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join