It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

President Obama said Thursday he doesn’t have a strategy yet for defeating Islamist militants in Syria.

“I don’t want to put the cart before the horse,” Mr. Obama said in a news conference at the White House. “We don’t have a strategy yet. As our strategy develops, we will consult with Congress.”

Is he freaking kidding???

Maybe he should take fewer vacations and play less golf.

He acts like he only just learned of this problem yesterday.

Nuts.

I can promise you, ISIS/ISIL is celebrating today.

Everything just got that much more dangerous today.

edit on 28-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

1st step, stop sending arms to this area.

We armed the Mujahedin then they morphed into Al Qaeda.

We arm the FSA and they morph into ISIS

Seriously stop sending weapons to this area!!!!!!
edit on 28-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There is a strategy for every scenario imaginable.

The reality is that if nothing is being done, then someone wants “nothing” to be done.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Or maybe he should take more vacations and play more golf, but first delegate authority to the extremely talented strategists we have in the combined agencies, including the DoD.

Unleash them and let them do what they need to do.

Expect losses, expect unforseen, perhaps catastrophic consequences, expect it to be unpopular... Expect that doing nothing more will be far worse.

imo

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Totally agree!

Re the OP: Since when has he actually had a strategy about anything?

Economics? What strategy other than total incompetence?

Foreign Policy? What strategy other than disaster?

This guy makes the Carter Administration look positively efficient! I was trying to earn a living during the Carter Era, and all I can say is at least we are not currently facing double digit inflation and double digit interest rates. I am pretty sure if they stopped covering up crap we would see we had double digit unemployment.

Exactly what has Obama done that didn't turn into a clusterfuss? Let this be a lesson: Next time we have anyone running for Pres that does not have experience doing anything vote differently. I don't give a crap what party...incompetence and ignorance is inexcusable and only the voters can be blamed.

edit on 28-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And he never will have one. Leave it for the next person, he is way to busy mastering his putter skills to take on something like this.

How dare anyone say he should take less vacations! This is Obama we are talking about dammit.
The too cool for school president, do my foreign affairs homework? Pffffft I'm going to be a professional golfer what use will foreign affairs have for me on the course?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

so war by ommision,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wutang717

Every POTUS before him at least had the curtesy to sit in on daily security briefings. Obama? Umm... NO! I guess he is sleeping in ... too early to get up for something as unimportant as that.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan but trying to figure out how to handle an Islamic state is like trying to stop the rain. I can only wish him the best of luck.

link   
perhaps he means they haven't decided on a particular strategy and trying to chose one that will most likely be accepted by everyone. Because i can guarantee you that there has been 4 or 5 strategies completely mapped out for some time now. or Perhaps those who made the strategy decided they don’t want obama to know it. or maybe keeping it a secret is a better way of attacking instead of broadcasting it over TV... perhaps...

link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: [post=18348795]LDragonFire[/pos

Totally agree!

Re the OP: Since when has he actually had a strategy about anything?

Economics? What strategy other than total incompetence?

Foreign Policy? What strategy other than disaster?

This guy makes the Carter Administration look positively efficient! I was trying to earn a living during the Carter Era, and all I can say is at least we are not currently facing double digit inflation and double digit interest rates. I am pretty sure if they stopped covering up crap we would see we had double digit unemployment.

Exactly what has Obama done that didn't turn into a clusterfuss? Let this be a lesson: Next time we have anyone running for Pres that does not have experience doing anything vote differently. I don't give a crap what party...incompetence and ignorance is inexcusable and only the voters can be blamed.

We as a country need to vote for a leader, possibly someone who has vast experience in the military and someone who has REAL domestic and foreign policy's.

I'll never forget the 2008 election when Obama all but said he didn't need a foreign policy, and now look a

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
how about starting with arming places like Qatar

11 billion,,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
Well when your golfing all day and flying around in Air Force One, it does make you rather tired and apathetic.

To think OUR tax money pays for this all, damn.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Obama wants a multiple choice exam on what to do.

Plan a plan b plan c plan d etc...where he could just pick one of them

Once he gets his plans then he can do the Eeny, meeny, miny, mo
routine

Or he may put em all in a hat and pick one.

I never realized Obama was an ignorant man. We all know Bush was.

But Obama turns out to be a slick talking dunce as Bush was a bumbler

edit on 28-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Obama

Mr Expert of diversion and hoodwinking.

He's playin' it slow because now this whole ISIS thing creates a quandary and quagmire with Syria.

His "Oh-so-Innocint" expression is revealing and phony as a $3 bill.

“I don’t want to put the cart before the horse,” Mr. Obama said in a news conference at the White House. “We don’t have a strategy yet. As our strategy develops, we will consult with Congress.”

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
well if history counts ,, there is this one time,,, in a land far away,,

The British navy blockaded the coast of the Levant and bombarded Beirut.
The Ottoman army attacked in the winter and drove out the Egyptians in 1840.
However, they delayed reasserting administrative control, and by 1845 it was too late.

Palestine was exempted from compulsory military service until 1862.
Provincial administration was reformed by the Vilayet Law of 1864.
The Palestine Exploration Fund was founded in 1865 with leading scientists.
In 1872 a southern region around Jerusalem became an independent district with subdistricts that included Hebron, Jaffa, and Gaza. The Electoral Law went into effect in 1876.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do recall, quite clearly, that when Obama ran in 2008 he picked Biden to add "Gravitas" and "Foreign Policy Experience" to the ticket.

Might his staffing selections be part of Obama's problem?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There really are only two options, containment of the IS, halting advances, and the slow destruction mainly through covert operations and overt limited airstrikes, or an all out assault ground and air with one single goal, complete destruction and elimination. No prisoners.

Which would you choose?

Also, either way there are risks that ISIS will use international acts of terrorism as retaliation.

Could always choose to do nothing I suppose.

edit on 28-8-2014 by ausername because: clarity.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Who does the administration think they are kidding? The plan was to watch this problem grow while they are all on vacation so that there is a solid justification for going into Syria. The nerve gas attack ruse didn't cut it, so here's plan B, more likely C D E or F at this point.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If you are a President and you do not have a strategy, the last thing that you should is tell everyone that you don't have a strategy.

It is possible that he does have a strategy.

Judging by his previous acts, I am guessing that really doesn't have a strategy.

Is he stupid. I don't think he is.
What does that leave for us to believe is going on here?
It tells me that he does not play for our team.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join