It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

lol sorry.

I am of a strange mood today. My posts have ranged from slightly cynical to majorly full of bad humor.

Just humor me, it will soon recede. That is, unless I have 3 fingers of scotch with an ice cube...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Islamic State's Terror Laptop of Doom? Please.

They have found all kinds of plans for all kinds of weapons during this war on terror and what we should know by now is that they severely lack the resources and ability to go that far.

I'm still not scared yet. Sorry.

originally posted by: BobAthome

so u never heard of Boston Bombing?,, ya pretty much asleep on that one,,

What does an American act of violence have to do with the topic at hand?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

lol sorry.

I am of a strange mood today. My posts have ranged from slightly cynical to majorly full of bad humor.

Just humor me, it will soon recede. That is, unless I have 3 fingers of scotch with an ice cube...

No worries. We all have our moments. But if you are going to indulge in the enjoyments of a fine scotch, you could at least share. I'll bring the cigars.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: butcherguy

I have similar thoughts. Here's my take on this:

I think it's a competency issue. He's out of his depth.

We have no strategy because the only thing he's really assessing is the political appearance of any possible choice he makes.

There's no doubt in my mind he has several strategies sitting before him on his desk, but is too feckless to make a choice. I'm sure part of the calculus is to make it the next guy's/gal's problem.

But even assuming there is no strategy yet, why in the world would you ever SAY that?

Like i said, it's a competency issue.

ISIS/ISIL celebrates today....as does Putin.

I am going to be serious for a moment here:

He (Obama) is an exalted community organizer for crying out loud. He was foisted off on us as a Senator (voting present) after that, and from there without having to run for Senator a 2nd time he became president. He has zippo experience doing anything! Who would expect anything more than incompetence from such a person?

Ain't Amercuh great?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't want him to lead.

Everything he touches turns to....

I want him to go play golf. He is way out of his league.

It pretty frickin bad when you actually consider Biden a better choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Completely agree.

Empty suit.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Khmer Rouge and Nazi types with actual power is scary how ever you pretend not to be.
Anyway it’s a question of identifying a certain mentality THAT WILL KILL YOU MERLY BECAUSE WHAT YOU ARE

All the power America has ever accumulated may just exist for one reason:
To destroy ISIS!

edit on 28-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Bah! The petty squabbles of lesser men is of no consequence to the Lord of Latveria!

LMAO
(you left off xuenchen's tagline)

F-O-R-E.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Khmer Rouge and Nazi types with actual power is scary how ever you pretend not to be.
Anyway it’s a question of identifying a certain mentality THAT WILL KILL YOU MERLY BECAUSE WHAT YOU ARE

To destroy ISIS!

So you are comparing ISIS to the likes of Hitler and Pol Pot? Ok, good. Neither one of those groups came to America to get me. ISIS is no where near as organized, nor do they have the resources to pull-off anything massive.

To destroy ISIS!

Ever thought that perhaps one of the reasons our power is waning is because we said the same thing about Al Queda? How'd that work out for us?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I must be missing something... Those black suits really stand out against all that parched earth. Is there some kinda rule that says we can't pick the biggest cluster of black dots and drop a DaisyCutter because they have no daisies?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

my Theory:

ISIS, the concept, not necessarily individual personalities, was created to be destroyed. It has failed to achieve the goal for which it was created and there is very little possibility that it will ever be able to and now someone finds themselves trapped in the room with the monster it created. He may even love him.

just as Frankenstein couldn't kill his monster, Assad, Obama, Maliki and whoever else is involved in that ill conceived plot has found itself having to explain, now, why ISIS is not a big threat.

had the ISIS Project been successful, Maliki would be PM of Iraq, with a new government and fresh mandate, and Obama, standing in the White House in a dark Blue Suit, would have announced an Alliance with Syria's Assad, and probably Iran, to rid the world of the scourge of ISIS.

Today, 8/28/2014...that would have happened. Instead the world gets no plan for ISIS. The group will gradually melt away only somewhat slower than they appeared. and the political prostitutes will continue to collect their paychecks.

edit on 28-8-2014 by michaelbrux because: add

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Two points:

I said “mentality” of those groups.

It would have saved millions of people from great suffering if someone stopped those groups before they got so powerful

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
Not long now and then you can start wittering about the next president.

What if Obama is our last president, and true leadership in the face of rising evil could have made all the difference in the end?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux
The tan suit was weird looking! Not very presidential looking. Maybe a secret message of solidarity to the ISIS desert rats. Desert sand color.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra
On CNN, an anchor said that
Obama's "we don't have a plan" comment sprang from a previous boo-boo where he drew a line in the sand and backtracked. So this is all about saving face. BTW, I noticed the suit, too. It was quite distracting. The pale color made him look anemic. Perhaps it will go down in history as a metaphorical suit?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Two points:

I said “mentality” of those groups.

It would have saved millions of people from great suffering if someone stopped those groups before they got so powerful

It would have saved millions of Iraqi/Afghan lives if we would have never invaded the ME. Perhaps our mentality of "we must stop X extremist group", and the failure to mind our own business, is no better than that of the groups we now seek to destroy? Should someone stop us, or should they mind their own business?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: Stormdancer777

something's wrong...something is really wrong.

it's seems to be a distress call, like when you're a hostage and you can't say anything.

the Tan suit is not normal...not in my entire life have I seen a President wearing one on television during a White House press conference while discussing existential threats.

I noticed the Tan jacket also. I thought it was kinda weird. So, you think he's sending a S.O.S.?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Maybe it's the color of the moment, hip and fashionable. O'Brien is on CNN, and he's wearing a similarly colored suit. It looks horrible on him, too.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
the suit is definitely a meaningful symbol.

next week at the press conference he'll insist that the chairs are removed from the room and that the press corp sit in a circle on the floor cross legged; while he talks about nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
the suit is definitely a meaningful symbol.

next week at the press conference he'll insist that the chairs are removed from the room and that the press corp sit in a circle on the floor cross legged; while he talks about nothing at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join