It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: InTheLight

You place your hand over the drink, or keep it in your line of sight.
Problem solved.

So much for a fun time or dancing with a drink in my hand, I think I'll stay home.

Or dip your finger in your drink with the nail polish that is the subject of this thread, which someone said was "gross" AS IF THAT SHOULD DISSUADE WOMEN FROM BUYING THIS NAIL POLISH THAT WILL HELP KEEP THEM FROM BEING RAPED.

Right? LOL. It's like you and I are the only two level-headed humans in this thread who care about the rights of our fellow humans. Getting tiresome and frankly, disgusting.

Dip my finger with who knows what the nail polish chemicals are, sounds yummy...not.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

No, you didn't stutter...but I'd really appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth.

It makes me feel VIOLATED.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Know when to stop drinking.

I don't think I have ever, one time in my entire life, seen someone voluntarily stop drinking at a party/whatever unless they were leaving or going to bed or something. Something about using a drug that lowers your inhibitions lowering your inhibitions or something.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

LOL, sounds a lot yummier than having these guys who are defending rape when women "don't cover their drinks" go ahead and rape me when I "have a few too many." :/

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I mean this in the nicest way. I'm not screwing with you here. Please, talk to someone. Yeah I could have Pm'd but how creepy would that have been?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

No, you didn't stutter...but I'd really appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth.

It makes me feel VIOLATED.

Well, prove I have LEGALLY VIOLATED YOU in a court of law, like when a woman gives a LEGALLY DRUNKEN/INCAPACITATED "YES" and we'll talk.

^----No stutter in that post, I assume.

link   

a reply to: jimmyx

I thank God for you "old codgers" who get it. And who are teaching their sons and daughters to follow suit.

Bless you, my brother. Bless you.

some years back when my son was going to college, he actually drove women back to where they lived if they were too drunk, I've had one come up and tell me about it at a social function at his college...i asked him about that some time later, and he told me if he was that desperate, he would take matters into his own hands, so to speak.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I mean this in the nicest way. I'm not screwing with you here. Please, talk to someone. Yeah I could have Pm'd but how creepy would that have been?

And I advise you the same. If you think it's your LEGAL right to have sex with a woman who is too drunk to drive, you SERIOUSLY need to talk to someone. Seriously. Before your daughter succumbs to the same treatment and you have to cause "a funeral".

edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

LOL, sounds a lot yummier than having these guys who are defending rape when women "don't cover their drinks" go ahead and rape me when I "have a few too many." :/

I'd prefer a rewind, reset of humankind's mindset and behaviours to a new paradigm where women would have nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with her comments, which are mostly repeated legal facts, unfortunately where she has to repeat and repeat and repeat common sense as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Are you insane? Reread my words.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'd prefer a rewind, reset of humankind's mindset and behaviours to a new paradigm where women would have nothing to fear.

I'd agree. Big time. In the meantime, I'll take the socially-non-invasive nail polish over the whip-out-a-test-strip experience. That's always fun to explain, lol. Just like in this thread, "I think you're cute, but I don't trust you NOT to date-rape me, so be cool while I whip out this scientific test-strip to see if you're an a-hole or not." You know?
The same guys defending drunken-rape would leave. Wait......maybe you and I are on to something here.......maybe I DO prefer the test-strip over the a-hole. Thanks for the convo, it's been revelatory. Test-strips it is, and if you take offense to that, then GFYourself!
(Seriously, changing my opinion a bit-----let them deal with the embarrassment of the test-strip enough times, maybe they'll self-police their fellow males enough to stop this BS.
)

link   

Are you insane? Reread my words.

You must be insane if you misunderstood mine.

link   

Exactly. "Incapacitated" is as good as "too drunk to drive." It is TOO DRUNK TO MAKE A LEGAL DECISION. PERIOD.

Exactly... nobody argues that many people who drink and drive feel confident enough to drive and do so, but are legally incapacitated. They get punished, if caught or cause problems, because they made that choice and acted on it alone.

Nobody has a few drinks and consciously thinks "hey, I need to take precautions against rape" specially since alcohol reduces inhibition . Rape is someone else meddling. Both situations are about people being incapacitated on a sliding scale of ability, starting with the first drink and declining rapidly. It is the presence of the second individual that makes rape possible, so perhaps the solution is to start teaching kids that any alcohol clouds the judgement and just as they shouldn't get in a car with a drunk, that even small amounts of alcohol removes a person ability to give or assume consent.

The reason I feel this way is, though I don't drink much now, when I was young I discovered that something in my menstrual cycle made it so, at times, I could drink hefty amounts just fine and at other times I could have two drinks and not a single memory the next day. It was really unpredictable too. I've since met other women who have had a similar experience, though usually not as extreme. We need to talk about the biological difference when it comes to alcohol. My teenage sons are still young but there will come a time when I need to talk about this and the concept of consent not being black and white.

And on topic, i think the nail polish is great but would love to see nail polish that can indicate sobriety levels
Great for rape and drunk driving prevention.
edit on 25-8-2014 by igloo because: error

edit on 25-8-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Rape is terrible. No excuses.

But let me get this straight....

A man and a woman go to a bar. They drink similar amounts of alcohol, become equally impaired, and go home and have sex. In the morning, only the man is held accountable.

How is that right?

link   

There's nothing wrong with her comments, which are mostly repeated legal facts, unfortunately where she has to repeat and repeat and repeat common sense as well.

That's fine but there 's an old joke. What is a vat of sewage with a cup of wine in it? A vat of sewage. What's a vat of wine with a cup of sewage in it? A vat of sewage. I never debated her claims. Held them up actually. But I'm too old to let my sex get slapped down further. Especially when we back woman's rights in the 70's and 80's.

link   

originally posted by: igloo

And on topic, i think the nail polish is great but would love to see nail polish that can indicate sobriety levels
Great for rape and drunk driving prevention.

Star, and that would be AWESOME!!!! If we could all go "oh, look at that, nope, too drunk to drive, even though I thought I was fine and LEGAL to drive" it would be a blessing. You'd see the color black in this line of polish PDQ, with men adopting it as well.

Edit: I hate having to try to take the tons-of-quotes out of a reply to only on sentence and having it break the reply. Getting old. :/
edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'd agree. Big time. In the meantime, I'll take the socially-non-invasive nail polish over the whip-out-a-test-strip experience. That's always fun to explain, lol. Just like in this thread, "I think you're cute, but I don't trust you NOT to date-rape me, so be cool while I whip out this scientific test-strip to see if you're an a-hole or not." You know?
The same guys defending drunken-rape would leave. Wait......maybe you and I are on to something here.......maybe I DO prefer the test-strip over the a-hole. Thanks for the convo, it's been revelatory. Test-strips it is, and if you take offense to that, then GFYourself!
(Seriously, changing my opinion a bit-----let them deal with the embarrassment of the test-strip enough times, maybe they'll self-police their fellow males enough to stop this BS.
)

Usually my intuition kicked in even if I had one too many, but, yeah, we definitely still need all the help we can get in prevention.
edit on 25-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ok, here's the thing guys.

Some women get drunk, and their inhibitions go out the window. We men call these women skanks. If she's falling down drunk it ain't right to sleep with her. Give her your number and tell her to call you when she sobers up.

( She won't cause she's a skank)

If you meet a sober woman who tells you she wants to get drunk and screw, again, she's a skank.

Meet sober women, and get to know them...

You'll find out how god awful they really are and you won't waste good booze.

Party against alcohol abuse!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's fine but there 's an old joke. What is a vat of sewage with a cup of wine in it? A vat of sewage. What's a vat of wine with a cup of sewage in it? A vat of sewage. I never debated her claims. Held them up actually. But I'm too old to let my sex get slapped down further. Especially when we back woman's rights in the 70's and 80's.

I guess she misunderstood you somewhere along the line.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join