It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
I am genuinely shocked how men defend rape on here. Victim blaming because men just don't want to be held accountable for what they think/feel.

It's inconceivable that men should not have sex with a woman who has clearly had to much/is passed out. Instead of expecting them to distinguish right from wrong, the emphasis is instead shifted to the victim, blaming them for "getting drunk around horny guys"

Strippers do very good lap dances, I guess they must want to sleep with all of their clients eh?

Men, not understanding women since the dawn of time.

No. We are just defining the meaning of "rape". And a guilty conscience isn't a reason so far. Never know what the lobby will say though.

We don't have to define the meaning, the law makers have already done that for us.

And a woman's guilty conscience is adequate guilt for a conviction?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There is a distinct difference between defending rape, and personal accountability. There is no excuse to continue advances upon a woman who has either said NO or has made it clear that she does not want to continue.

I am not defending rape, but I am also not going to defend the victim mindset of being consequence free of one's actions.

*****"Until she has LEGALLY said "no"****** A legally-drunken "yes" does not equal a "legal-to-have-sex-with yes"

It's like y'all think you can argue YOUR OWN OPINION over the law. You can't, this is the law, and y'all are advising others to act against the law.

STOP.
edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

In the name of sexual equality I'm calling this one out as per my initial post...

Why are women given "special treatment" merely because of their gender? Is it because asking them to have the same understanding of the realities of the real world too much to ask of them? Or is it part of a bigger agenda that just continues to coddle stupidity on the basis of gender bias because "oh, well, we like the perks of stupid female stereotypes so let's insure a woman never has cause for personal accountability in any situation whatsoever"?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I would think that the date rape drug in her system might be pretty convincing evidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am genuinely shocked how men defend rape on here. Victim blaming because men just don't want to be held accountable for what they think/feel.

It's inconceivable that men should not have sex with a woman who has clearly had to much/is passed out. Instead of expecting them to distinguish right from wrong, the emphasis is instead shifted to the victim, blaming them for "getting drunk around horny guys"

Strippers do very good lap dances, I guess they must want to sleep with all of their clients eh?

No. We are just defining the meaning of "rape". And a guilty conscience isn't a reason so far. Never know what the lobby will say though.

We don't have to define the meaning, the law makers have already done that for us.

please stop advising members of this forum to disobey the law. The LAW says a "legally drunken yes" is not a "legally sober yes." THE END. When you encourage further discussion of what "legal yes" means, you are advising members to disobey they LAW.

STOP>

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If that were the case then a good lawyer would find the truth, usually by dragging her reputation and past sexual history through the mud.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

In the name of sexual equality I'm calling this one out as per my initial post...

Why are women given "special treatment" merely because of their gender? Is it because asking them to have the same understanding of the realities of the real world too much to ask of them? Or is it part of a bigger agenda that just continues to coddle stupidity on the basis of gender bias because "oh, well, we like the perks of stupid female stereotypes so let's insure a woman never has cause for personal accountability in any situation whatsoever"?

They are given legal protection under the LAW. If you have issue with the LAW, then take that up with your representative.

THE END.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Wait, so if a woman is "legally drunk" and says yes -- it's still rape? I'm confused?

"Excuse me, ma'am -- you have sexually excited me if you can't already tell. I find you very attractive and I believe you to find me attractive as well. I wish to have sex with you. If you answer yes, I must inform you that I carry a breathalyzer to no only protect you from your own decisions, but to protect me in the event this encounter turns sour. Please speak your plain yes or no answer into the microphone, and I will proceed with taking a breath sample from you to ensure that you are below the legal limit of alcohol intoxication. If you blow above the legal limit, I will have to terminate this encounter, as you are incapable of making a competent decision according to the law'".

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I dont think that is really a fair thing to say.

in my employment i have seen a few girls who have been the victim of this terrible crime. the blokes that do this are experts...just like pick pockets who are able to steal wallets and purses out of pockets and bags without your knowledge.

usually the girl is found in a park or early hours of the morning wandering. they have no idea who they are or where they are. they dont even know they have been raped. its the saddest thing to see them told what has happened to them after the drugs wear off.

Just think for a moment...have you ever had surgery...imagine being told when you wake up you have had all sorts of sexual acts inflicted upon you while you were anaesthetised.

Most of the time its not the "barbie" girl who stands out the most at the club in the skimpy dresses that it happens too. its just your average plain jane who doesnt draw attention and looks as they walk her out of the club.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes. That is what I'm saying, and so is the DoJ. Make sure she's not drunk, then it's "yes". Otherwise, find another girl who will have sex without being drunk. The end.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Oh no, she just has to fill out the "consent to sex form 4553-4b" have it noterized, and then signed by two witnesses.

Easy peazy.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
GENIUS. Totally brilliant. The use of date-rape drugs in epidemic in college town bars. I'll be forwarding this to me nieces who are starting college soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Oh no, she just has to fill out the "consent to sex form 4553-4b" have it noterized, and then signed by two witnesses.

Easy peazy.

Or, you know, you could find a sober girl to have sex with. EASY PEASY for YOU, right?

Right.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Easy peazy.

It won't stick in court if she was drunk, same as if she signed a marriage license while drunk.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

why special treatment?....how many times has a woman put a rape drug in your drink, so she could force you to have sex with her. how many criminal rape cases involve a woman raping a man? do you know the physiological differences between testosterone and estrogen? do you know the average size and weight difference between males and females? do you know the reactive-emotional differences ingrained in the sexes, born-out through tens of thousands of years of human history interactions?

geez, even an old codger like me can figure those questions out.
edit on 25-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

I didn't mean the Barbie Dream House to imply women of a certain look by any means....I meant it more as a mental metaphor for young ladies who have been so closeted to the reality of sexual predators that they never keep their guard up in social situations where such predators tend to lurk.

I'm one of those "plain janes" so to speak, and a lot of my close female associates are very pretty but also EXTREMELY naive about the realities and dangers of just blindly accepting drinks from strangers. When I go out, I'm usually the designated driver and proverbial "watchdog" while they get blissfully hammered.

Sadly, not every gaggle of girls goes through the trouble of having such social precautions in place, and skip into bars as if they were no more dangerous than a field full of harmless flowers....and that type of mental unawareness is what predators count on.

edit on 8/25/14 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I thank God for you "old codgers" who get it. And who are teaching their sons and daughters to follow suit.

Bless you, my brother. Bless you.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And I am just supposed to trust a woman who says she is not drunk? Nope. I'll be carrying a stack of legal paperwork, breathalyzer and audio recorder from now on.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm a man, and I've had something slipped in my drink before. Just because it's not reported doesn't mean it doesn't happen. How dare you imply that men don't get date raped?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Do you have the legal right to NOT be raped just because you got a little to drunk in a bar or party?

So do women. "Barbies" or not.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join