It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran 72 virgins or the day of judgement? You decide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[56:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful When the inevitable comes to pass(judgement day). Nothing can stop it from happening. It will lower some, and raise others.

The earth (congregations) will be shaken up. The mountains (religions) will be wiped out. As if they never existed.

You will be stratified into three kinds. Those who deserved bliss will be in bliss. Those who deserved misery will be in misery.

Then there is the elite of the elite (elect/enlightened)
They are those who will be closest (to God). In the gardens of bliss.

Many from the first generations. (Over 40?)
Few from the later generations. (Under 40)

On luxurious furnishings. Enjoying everything, they will be neighbors.

(The enlightened ones the teachers, the ones who obeyed the teachings of the profits and pursed a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit, seek and you will find)

Serving them will be immortal servants(obedient children who live according to the Holy Spirt). With cups, pitchers and pure drinks. They never run out (of the Holy Spirit), nor do they get bored. Fruits of their choice.

(The wives of the enlightened men will be the most beautiful according to the standard set by the Holy Spirit) Meat of birds that they desire. Beautiful mates. Like protected pearls. Rewards for their works. They never hear any nonsense therein, nor sinful utterances.

(The enlightened) Only the utterance: "Peace, peace."

The Congregation (those who have repentented but have been waiting for "the profit")

Those of the right side, will be on the right side.In lush orchards. Fragrant ffruits. Extended shade. Abundant water. Many fruits. Never ending; never forbidden. Luxurious furnishings. We create for them mates. Never previously touched. Perfectly matched. For those on the right side. Many from the early generations. Many from the later generations.

Hell (Those who actively opposed the Holy Spirit, by choosing what was evil over what was good, they will live in this state of misery until they return to the father)

Those of the left, will be on the left. In misery and inferno. Even their shade is hot. Never cool, never tolerable. They used to be rich. They insisted on the great blasphemy.

They said, "After we die and turn to dust and bones, we get resurrected? "Does this include our forefathers?"Say, "The early generations and the later generations. "Will be summoned to a meeting on a predetermined day (judgement day). "Then you, O disbelieving strayers. "Will eat from the trees of bitterness. "Filling your bellies therefrom. "Then drinking on top of it hellish drinks. "Then adding drinks of sand." Such is their share on the Day of Judgment.

What do you say? I don't see any promise of virgins in heaven here. What I see is the path to a new future. Repent now, for the day of judgment is nearer now than ever before.
edit on 23-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

By what standard do you say we will be judged? For our sins? For our (good) works?

We have been judged already from the foundation of the heavens and earth. Our sins were paid for by Jesus the Christ when He suffered on the cross. When the 'yom Yehwah' (Day of the Lord) comes, will you have the works of the flesh, or the righteousness of Christ in you? Those who rest their faith in the Christ will be judged worthy to be a part of the Kingdom of Heaven. Those who rely on their works will be gathered and cut off; As a farmer who separates the wheat from the tares, the unrighteous will be thrown into the fires of the Abyss.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The 72 virgins thing is just an insult that foolish people use when they never read the quran. That sura is giving a description of what's to come, as the world is being destroyed, Allah will remove the righteous out of the areas where they are going to be doing there work destroying the world and the people of it, into gardens where the righteous will be married to "chaste women" according to my quran.
edit on AugX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
But you know people don't like reading these kinds of things, because for the evil one it reads there end, soon to come...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

There is never mention of 72 virgins.. It's just a cheap insult like the Moon God theory.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So after you've had them. their no longer virgins, now you got what? 72 wives? Ones enough!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's sad really I have had all the earthly vices and HEAVEN should NOT be reduced to a lowly Frat party. I would hope to understand the rest of the universe...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am always a bit wary about translations that offer "explanations" (as yours seem to in brackets), but your main point is of course correct: The Quran makes no mention of virgins (72 or otherwise) as a reward in heaven.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Maybe you are in error and do not understand what scripture plainly says???

Romans 2
5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”[a] 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

11 For God does not show favoritism.

You see no favorites.

Or Acts 5?
35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go!

For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Believing God loves those who do good can be found in all the sacred texts. The profits, buddah, zoster, the vedas & the Bhagavad gita, Moses, Mohammed, and PLATO, are not fighting for separation, man is..

CLEARLY ALL THESE MEN CLAIMED GOD AS THERE MENTOR BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

These men taught to only go to war when it is in self defense and to make every effort for peace.

2 Timothy
ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED BY GOD and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't know much about Islam or their Holy Book, but this passage just seems wrong.

(The wives of the enlightened men will be the most beautiful according to the standard set by the Holy Spirit)

Why Wives? that means more than one, No?

Can an "Enlightened Woman" have Husbands? or is it just the men who are capable of becoming Enlightened?

Also "The Most Beautiful" - Can't they just be "The girl next door types, but with no baggage and a great personality?"

Just Asking.

edit on Sat0387201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

I believe that is a grammatically correct statement, imagining there is more than one enlightened man it only read correctly with the word wives (plural)

I am not advocating more than one wife. Was it allowed by Mohammed, yes. But the rules for it were strict and it's advised that it is best for a man to have only one wife.

At the time of Mohammed there was much war. It is possible this concession was necessary because of the number of women who were without support was numerous. . In those days neither Muslim, Jewish nor Christian women had any rights, so to point fingers is pointless. ...

I did say beautiful according to the Holy Spirit?? You must be having difficulty understanding what I'm saying. .

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh, I read it wrong. Like I said I am not Savvy to the teachings of the Quran, so the 72 Virgins Nonsense is good to know.
S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, this is tricky.

In my opinion, the 72 "virgins" in Islam is a reference about Houri(s)

In Islam, the ḥūr or ḥūrīyah[note 1] (Arabic: حورية‎) are commonly translated as "(splendid)[1] companions of equal age (well-matched)",[2] "lovely eyed",[3] of "modest gaze",[4] "pure beings" or "companions pure" of paradise, denoting humans and jinn who enter Jannah (paradise) after being recreated anew in the hereafter.[5] Islam also has a strong mystical tradition which places these heavenly delights in the context of the ecstatic awareness of God.[6]

Quranic description[edit]
The houri have variously been described as being "restraining their glances (chaste)",[7][8] "modest gaze",[4] "wide and beautiful/lovely eyes",[3][7][9] "like pearls",[3] "spouse",[10] "companions of equal age",[2] "splendid",[1] "voluptuous",[11] and much more besides.

Shia scholar description[edit]
Still all in accordance with the Quran, the basic fact of the description of this beauty is how good deeds take the ideal order and proportion to physical forms, how they won't fade away over time, and how they accompany their performers.[12] This description is widely used in Sufism and mysticism.[13]

European usage[edit]
The word "houri" has entered into several European languages (French - 1654, English – 1737) with a meaning of a "voluptuous, beautiful, alluring woman".[25][26]

This one is funny...

"Houri" and "whore"[edit]
The English word "whore" (German Hure, Danish hore, Swedish hora, Dutch hoer, Proto-Germanic *hōrōn, masculine form Gothic hors, Proto-Germanic *hōraz) is thought to stem from the Proto-Indo-European verb root *keh₂- "to love" (with an the original meaning of "lover") and is not etymologically related to the Arabic (Semitic and thus non-Indo-European) word houri.[27][28]

Quran[edit]
The houri are mentioned in several places in the Quran, although in plural no specifics are given as to the number of houries available. Likewise it does not appear from the Quran that they are only women; both sexes are mentioned (although their descriptive qualities are feminine, as alluded to, by the hadiths). They are made available to all believers, not just martyrs.

Thus shall it be. And We shall pairA them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye.

—Quran, sura 44 (Ad-Dukhan), ayah 54[29]
[There the blest will live with their] companions pure and modest, in pavilions [splendid]

—Quran, sura 55, (Ar-Rahman), ayah 72[30]
reclining on couches [of happiness] ranged in rows!" And [in that paradise] We shall mate them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye

—Quran, sura 52 (At-Tur), ayah 20[31]

And....

The idea of 72 virgins in Islam refers to an aspect of paradise. In a collection by Abu `Isa Muhammad ibn `Isa at-Tirmidhi in his Jami` at-Tirmidhi[56] and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir ibn Kathir of sura 55[57] it is stated:

It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.[58]

However, regarding the above statement Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf has said: "The narration, which claims that everyone would have seventy-two wives has a weak chain of narrators."[40] There is also a theory that the promise of 72 virgins is a mistranslation from "72 angels".[59]

edit on 23-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Men get multiple female servants and Female gets multiple male servants. Where these servants come from , They are created just for the purpose and they are lustrous, youths of perpetual freshness and females are a perfect creation of virginal purity. And there is a pecking order in Heaven, some get to see Allah.
Everyone will get their perfect mates and can marry them and if you were married on Earth in Heaven your spouse will be invisible to you. A guiltless sex is a reward in Muslim Heaven. You can eat wonderful delicious foods and produce no waste.

Makes you think... What is the point and why there is a need of sexual activity in Heaven.

72 Virgins are not mentioned, but 80 000 servants and 72 wives.
"The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from Damascus to Yemen"

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

What is a JINN? An Archon or a Grey maybe?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Jinns are spirits like ghosts and demons

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
I am always a bit wary about translations that offer "explanations" (as yours seem to in brackets), but your main point is of course correct: The Quran makes no mention of virgins (72 or otherwise) as a reward in heaven.

I didn't see a part about there being 72, but I did notice that they would be "untouched" which implies virgin, and they were wives implying that the only worthies there would be men.

So much for my hopes. I guess this is why I am not Muslim. What hope is there for a woman? Or is it simply that Holy men may be married in Heaven, but if there should be a Holy woman, she is either only a wife to a Holy man, and her lot can be no better or she will forever be alone there?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Men get multiple female servants and Female gets multiple male servants. Where these servants come from , They are created just for the purpose and they are lustrous, youths of perpetual freshness and females are a perfect creation of virginal purity. And there is a pecking order in Heaven, some get to see Allah.
Everyone will get their perfect mates and can marry them and if you were married on Earth in Heaven your spouse will be invisible to you. A guiltless sex is a reward in Muslim Heaven. You can eat wonderful delicious foods and produce no waste.

Makes you think... What is the point and why there is a need of sexual activity in Heaven.

72 Virgins are not mentioned, but 80 000 servants and 72 wives.
"The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from Damascus to Yemen"

I have noticed that Muslim Paradise is portrayed very much as a place designed to cater to every earthly hedonistic desire ... only all those things are not sinful there where they are here on Earth. Muslims are even allowed alcohol in their Paradise, but they are enjoined not to partake here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Muslims are even allowed alcohol in their Paradise, but they are enjoined not to partake here on Earth.

If this is true then the Quran has no Credibility.

I've read about White Londoners who have the crap beaten out of them for walking through a Muslim Neighborhood with Take Away alcohol.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most of what has been spread about the Koran, actually comes from the Hadith, which is the evil doctrine of shiite law comes from.

To reference you can also take a look at the Talmud for the Jews, another book of evil.

These interpretation come from men who were eating for Nimrod(warrior king, idiot who believes in killing to climb to the top)

The authors of these books were far from there profits and have no knowledge of the Holy Spirit, who was and is and is to come.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join