It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end the unrest between Israel and Palastines..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I could understand that. I actually did meet a few decent soldiers during protest. Men who themselves looked like they hated what they were doing. I remember a friend of mine confronting one and asking him what he was doing here blocking the road and preventing palestinians from using it and he replied with a "I dont know what im doing here, i really dont.."

I could just see the pain on his face.

So tell me , why did you serve? Do you live in Israel?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cody

Make no mistake tho, I've also met soldiers who've shot dead peaceful protesters for no reason. And maybe u remember 4 or 5 years ago, that poor man and his son hiding behind a dumpster while idf forces unloaded on them. He called to them to stop, he waved a white flag, he did everything he could of done and yet they continued to fire on him and his 6-8 year old son until they were both dead..
edit on 21-8-2014 by Sin011001 because: .

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz

What I posted is, I think, a 2 state solution to the problem, 2 nations living autonomously side by side with trade and peace.

Of course there are bad apples on both sides, and these need to be addressed as well.

Cody

Thank you for the reply and I do also respect opinion

This would be an ideal solution but that would mean some sort of capitulation from either side ,
and unfortunately I do not believe Israel would capitulate or recognise the other as a state

just my humble opinion

Riouz

Not with this administration I agree,
All the more reason to get rid of Netanyahu and get someone with a peaceful vision into power. But I still say as long as HAMAS is in Gaza, there is zero chance for peace. Israel will never trust HAMAS. I'm very pro a free Palestine and the sooner the better.

But the Palestinians need to oust HAMAS first, if they can't I have the feeling Israel will.

The rest we'll be sickened over as we eat our breakfasts. I can't ever condone the death of an innocent. The term "Collateral damage" never sat well with me.

The alternative ? Invade Gaza, pin point strikes, overrun the place, get rid of HAMAS, then get the hell out. When Israel invaded Lebanon the troops were welcomed with flowers for getting the old school PLO out of the area. The mistake was they stayed there.

Just my opinion

Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sin011001
a reply to: Cody

Make no mistake tho, I've also met soldiers who've shot dead peaceful protesters for no reason. And maybe u remember 4 or 5 years ago, that poor man and his son hiding behind a dumpster while idf forces unloaded on them. He called to them to stop, he waved a white flag, he did everything he could of done and yet they continued to fire on him and his 6-8 year old son until they were both dead..

I do remember it all to well, Although I thought was a lot longer ago, I must be getting old.

The unit that opened fire carried M16's the poor child was shot with a round the same size as a AK47 or Israeli Gallil, I don't pretend to know, anything more than that.

And I couldn't defend the actions if that was the IDF, I wouldn't even attempt to.

Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sin011001

So tell me , why did you serve? Do you live in Israel?

I served because I thought I might make a difference, because I wanted a safe place for my kids to grow in. I guess because as a younger Cody I was idealistic.

Did it work ? Nope

On Monday my daughter was conscripted, the very thing I didn't want, I left Israel a long time ago and now live in England with my new wife.

Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Open border state where all people can live. All people can vote. A REAL democracy. No more walls, fences, check points. If this is a religious place then all religious people should have access to it. Why should one group dictate everything?? A new government formed with many different races and religions. This is the only way the middle east problem gets solved. Then the Zionists will have to go home and everyone(jews, muslims, etc., etc.) can live in peace and harmony. The way it should be. The way it will be. Wait & see.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

At this stage soldiers from both sides must have lost a family member at some stage. I can understand that in some families the anger must be great and fueled the hatred on both sides.

It is important that this hatred and anger must be carried, it will not go away, not even with an other thoudend years of war. These people must count to ten and realise a solution must be found and sacrifices must be made to end this tragedy.

Soon one of these countries in he middle east will have a biological or nuclear weapons which will result in only losers.

I am not particulary intelligent and therefore can not understand that very bright people on both sides can not come to an agreement. How stupid must a nation be after so many years of death around....?

edit on 21/8/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/8/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We could end all foreign aid to both parties and use the money to build a 500 foot wall around them and just let them have at it until one emerges victorious. I doubt very much that either side will cave in no matter what we try so it is best that we let them be and send them all a Darwin Award.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Why not give Israel a large portion of the United states to settle on as they see fit, and give the Palestines back their land before we decided to just hand it over to the Israeli's.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Yes , seen as most of America money is Jewish money.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

There's only one sure fire way to end the violence.

Disney style theme amusement parks and lots of them. The UN should immediately begin the construction of 4 or 5 of them in Gaza alone

There was a water park in Gaza, but Islamic terrorists burnt it down...
en.wikipedia.org...

On 19 September 2010, the water park was burned down by a group of about 40 masked individuals in a move that was seen by human rights groups as part of the increasing Islamization of Gaza.[13] Ala al-Araj, one of the owners and a former Hamas government minister, said that at about 3 am the men tied up the guards, blindfolded them and beat them. They then set fire to an administrative building; the fire engulfed the park's three-story restaurant and cafeteria, causing extensive damage. The men also dumped gasoline around the plastic slides and torched them.[1][7][14][13] The identity of the arsonists was not immediately known, but al-Araj noted that "all tourism projects in Gaza are threatened by extremists who reject them" and held the Hamas administration responsible because it had closed the resort. Since seizing control of the Gaza Strip in 2007 after a violent conflict with rival Palestinian group Fatah, Hamas had been closing down restaurants, coffee shops and hotels in the territory, claiming these places violate Islamic tradition.[13] During the same period, other extreme Islamist groups carried out numerous attacks on establishments perceived as un-Islamic, including coffee shops, beauty salons and even UN-run summer camps.[14]

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Well I commend you for not blindly supporting those actions. Its good to see that not everyone who serves there simply accepts what is going on. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

At this stage soldiers from both sides must have lost a family member at some stage. I can understand that in some families the anger must be great and fueled the hatred on both sides.

Soon one of these countries in he middle east will have a biological or nuclear weapons which will result in only losers.

I am not particulary intelligent and therefore can not understand that very bright people on both sides can not come to an agreement. How stupid must a nation be after so many years of death around....?

These threads tend to get very heated, I congratulate you on authoring an Israel thread that had discussion rather than raw hatred.
Israel already has nukes, and there are plenty of chemical weapons in the ME already, lets pray they never use them.

It is important that this hatred and anger must be carried, it will not go away, not even with an other thoudend years of war. These people must count to ten and realise a solution must be found and sacrifices must be made to end this tragedy.

I couldn't agree more, we all need to see past the hate, and embrace a peaceful future.

Don't doubt yourself, there is nothing intelligent about grown people trying to kill each and yet they are. I'm guessing you aren't, see you're already smarter than them

My thanks for an excellent thread

Cody

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sin011001

Well I commend you for not blindly supporting those actions. Its good to see that not everyone who serves there simply accepts what is going on. Thank you.

Thank you for commenting Sin0

Why not get your self an avatar ? I'm one of the artists here on ATS, you can find us bumming around by clicking on my signature strip, where it says Avatar Creations, or by clicking HERE

Enjoy your time on ATS and welcome

Cody

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words and understanding Cody.

This is what this thread is about... trying to find a solution for all parties invovled.

As soon as people start arguing about their right to own a piece of land we are back on the track that doesn't work.

i was hoping for more ATS-members giving this problem a thought. Better yet, I hope that these leaders in those countries would give it a thorough thought without thinking about their own interests first.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
You mean a large portion of land in Britain. yes?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Why not give Israel a large portion of the United states to settle on as they see fit, and give the Palestines back their land before we decided to just hand it over to the Israeli's.

Lol...thats an original one... sure US congress will not take you seriously. Like many significant and USA changing decisions the voting will probably take place on chistmas day and only one senator will be present to take the vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As someone who has lived in Israel but never served in the IDF, I do not think a negotiated peace is possible anymore. Too much water under the bridge. I think the world should move in and make all that area public land. And soldiers/police from many different countries should monitor the area to ensure that NEITHER of the people harms the other. This is a very imperfect solution but the status quo is just no sustainable. Currently things are most terrible for the Palestinians while if you just open everything up without proper security it will be most terrible for the Israelis. I will not argue with people about right or wrong but all those who throw in with the Palestinians on this site would have to be extremely naive (and ignorant of recent history) to believe the Israelis would not be on the other side of massacre if the shoe was on the other foot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join