It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR: Ukraine Crisis, It's the Wests Fault

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Gadaffi shot unarmed protesters. Ukraine is shooting at heavily armed Russian mercenaries.

Question for ya here: "Just WHO is paying for the mercenaries?"

I didn't think there was enough money on the rebel side to afford mercs... Mercs can get rather expensive...what do they run these days...quarter or half a mil each per year?

And, actually the whole argument of the OP was settled late last year...when the EU said no compromise on the release of a specific criminal, and Ukraine Parliament refused. Hell, the old President didn't really have anything to do with it...

Anyway..."Who's paying for the Mercs?>

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You said they were almost entirely, so I`m waiting for more evidence of your claim !

And you said: "They are in the government aren`t they, so it is the government, no way to try and talk that right." Why do you keep changing your standards?

You`re now dodging the bullet, so you won`t have to come up with the proof. I have seen you do that before.

First affirm your claims, then we can talk about it.

Only when you can prove that the Kyiv government is Fascist.

The uncomfortable truth is that a sizeable portion of Kiev's current government -- and the protesters who brought it to power -- are, indeed, fascists.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You said they were almost entirely, so I`m waiting for more evidence of your claim !

And you said: "They are in the government aren`t they, so it is the government, no way to try and talk that right." Why do you keep changing your standards?

You`re now dodging the bullet, so you won`t have to come up with the proof. I have seen you do that before.

The uncomfortable truth is that a sizeable portion of Kiev's current government -- and the protesters who brought it to power -- are, indeed, fascists.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

"Sizable" is a vague term 10-12% may be "sizable," but it does not make the government Fascist. On the other hand, this sort of behavior definitely isn't democratic:

www.cp24.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Question for ya here: "Just WHO is paying for the mercenaries?"

Some mercenaries work for plunder. Since you are a stickler for external references:

A mercenary[1] is a person who takes part in an armed conflict, who is not a national or a party to the conflict and is "motivated to take part in the hostilities by the desire for private gain."

en.wikipedia.org...

mercenary (plural mercenaries)

A person employed to fight in an armed conflict who is not a member of the state or military group for which they are fighting and whose prime or sole motivation is private gain.

en.wiktionary.org...

Private gain does not necessarily mean wages, does it?

I didn't think there was enough money on the rebel side to afford mercs... Mercs can get rather expensive...what do they run these days...quarter or half a mil each per year?

Please post exact data, with links to the sources of your data.

And, actually the whole argument of the OP was settled late last year...when the EU said no compromise on the release of a specific criminal, and Ukraine Parliament refused. Hell, the old President didn't really have anything to do with it...

What are you rambling on about? Please make a specific, coherent statement. Include your data and your protocols for analyzing the data. Include multiple links.

Anyway..."Who's paying for the Mercs?>

Do your own research. You didn't even realize that the term BBS is often used to refer to any online forum or message board., or that LAMP IS a software bundle.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

www.foreignpolicy.com...

"Sizable" is a vague term 10-12% may be "sizable," but it does not make the government Fascist. On the other hand, this sort of behavior definitely isn't democratic:

www.cp24.com...

But where is the proof of your claims, you claim something now back it up, don`t go all of sudden steer away from it.

One right-wing nationalist isn`t proving your claim, so where is the rest, you said they were full of it. We could at least say, Kiev has a bunch of them.

edit on 28-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The concern is that Ukraine is a war zone, and there is the possibility of a nuclear accident which could contaminate Europe.

Also, nuclear fuel in the war zone can easily land in the hands of bad people and backfire on the supplier itself.

West should be careful of what "new" mess they create in already messy situation.

Btw, even NATO refuses to conduct precision bombing in an area where civilians can be potentially hurt. In Junta's case using mass artillery on cities is outright stupid and cruel. They are getting away with it because it is not being given attention in the western media.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: DJW001

The concern is that Ukraine is a war zone, and there is the possibility of a nuclear accident which could contaminate Europe.

Also, nuclear fuel in the war zone can easily land in the hands of bad people and backfire on the supplier itself.

West should be careful of what "new" mess they create in already messy situation.

Btw, even NATO refuses to conduct precision bombing in an area where civilians can be potentially hurt. In Junta's case using mass artillery on cities is outright stupid and cruel. They are getting away with it because it is not being given attention in the western media.

Good change Kiev army has been defeated :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Private gain does not necessarily mean wages, does it?

Ya know I didn't really expect you to wax all that ******....jeez! But, Yes being a Merc is someone waging war for "personal gain". Perhaps you don't under stand mercs all that well. So I'll just ask ya this; "How much is your life worth?" $50K/year? more?

Personally I make something arund $100k/yr as a software engineer...IF you wanted me to risk my life for pay...I think I would require at least 10X that, probably more.

And, do it for "plunder?" Not a bloody chance in hell, to great a risk, not enough plunder!

Please post exact data, with links to the sources of your data.

Post exact data on what? What a Merc makes, or that I don't believe you...

Do your own research. You didn't even realize that the term BBS is often used to refer to any online forum or message board., or that LAMP IS a software bundle.

You didn't answer my question; "Who is paying for the Mercs?"

Yes I'm aware that some people misuse technical terms, probably because they have no idea what they are talking about...not my responsibility.

You have the wrong reference for "LAMP". I was talking about a technology commonly referred to as the "LAMP stack"; that would be...Linux, Apache, my sql, and PHP. Very popular, very under powered...but works great for places like ATS.
Which isn't a BBS, regardless of what it may look like...it is actually a data driven website that uses a SQL engine. Not too different than YHRD...a DNA database available online. I see you sort of figured that out...

Finally; "Do my own research?" Indeed...well sir, I do do my own research, apparently more and better than you.

edit on 28-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join