It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Brown Juvenile Record...FOIA request is in...may involve 2nd degree murder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So I have been reading around and apparently there is an FOIA request in to the PD for Brown's Juvenile record. The source says that he has confirmed from 2 officers in the PD that Brown has a juvenile arrest involving 2nd degree murder.

At this point, it is only a matter of time before any juvenile records are released since Brown is now deceased. If this FOIA request goes through quickly we may see something come out of this.

I am not sure I believe this as the source is Chuck C Johnson, but he has been reliable on some stories in the past.

I had two law enforcement contacts who told me #MichaelBrown had juvenile criminal record. I will be suing to get the answer. #Ferguson

Today I retained Missouri counsel to file a FOIA challenge to get #MichaelBrown's juvenile criminal record. #Ferguson.

News tip from law enforcement source: #MichaelBrown Brown was charged with 2nd degree murder as a juvenile. Confirming now... #Ferguson

Source

These are all from his twitter account.....if true, I doubt the Feds would let this FOIA go through. Like I said...take with a grain of salt but if there is truth to this and it comes out it will be a whopper.
edit on 8/20/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You can't have it both ways. Either this was an adult or this was a child. Nothing beyond his early death matters.

He didn't choose not to shot a man in a nonfatal location. He should be in jail, not 6 feet under.

Victimizing the victims seem to get entirely toouch attention.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have an anonymous source that says Chuck C Johnson makes things up.

OH WAIT BREAKING NEWS.

An anonymous source is reporting that Darren Wilson has a history of making off color jokes in the locker room.

WAIT WAIT, here's another one.

An anonymous source has just informed me that Chuck C Johnson's tweet is libelous character assassination.

How much intelligent commenting are we supposed to make about an unsubstantiated rumor delivered by a dubious source on Twitter?
edit on 2014-8-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I understand that as well, but, if true, it goes to the mentality of Brown in this instance. After all, he was a juvenile in the states eyes just 3 months prior to his death, so the record could very well be from very recent. It lends credibility to the early reports of witnesses saying the PD knew Brown.....possibly from juvenile arrests.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Like I said.....just putting it out there that this is being investigated and an FOIA request submitted. Not breaking news, hence not in the breaking news section.

It is something I have posted on since the beginning thinking that the original witness reports of the PD knowing who Brown was were based on him having a juvenile record. After all, he only turned 18 three months ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Don't get so focused on this event that you miss obvious events around you.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to read these and then find so much craziness I have to type something.

Personally I go to my own therapist, I am by no means in a position to analyze another person. Are you properly trained in this? Are any of the people getting so caught in this even remotely knowledgeable in the areas of study of which they are blindly regurgitating "facts"?

This thread hasn't gotten hateful. I hope it remains this way.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

the info will only be used by the Grand Jury to determine whether Michael Brown posed a threat to Darren Wilson.

I think the Grand Jury only needs preponderance of evidence to make a decision.

if 2nd Degree murder exists on his record...that's pretty much a wrap.

Wilson is only going to say that he used deadly force to prevent a violent crime from occurring; in this case Wilson felt he was the potential victim...so he attacked.

given the popularity of stand your ground...the Browns don't have much of a chance of getting the 'justice' they seek.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
they might as well get all of the information concerning both people out in the open.

I have a feeling that any trial that takes place, even though any trial is doubtful, the people pushing for this are going to regret it and wished they had allowed the boy to rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

I agree, if this comes to the forefront and is true, that it will be used in court to show some justification. It is also likely, that if this report is true, then Wilson knew of his record and was aware of a violent past since he was on the force for 6 years prior.

I do wonder why nobody has picked up the story and figured out the reason for Brown moving to Ferguson and living with his friends then his grandmother. Where were his mother and step father or father? Could his juvenile record from St Louis have to do with that maybe?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Jury's are chosen by both sides to get their best chance at a win. The deliberation process alone can be tiring and full of arguing people that just want to leave.

So another life will be at stake and the facts may or may not be more important than going home. I also have no faith all the relevant facts will be admissible or properly explained.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If this guy had previous crimes involving violence in his past and the cop knew it, the cop would have reasonable reason to shoot him if he did initially assault him in any way.

This would sway my opinion away from what I think was an unnecessary head shooting of the youth.

I still think there should be a trial to judge this case though, it would be better for society.
edit on 20-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

An arrest and a conviction are two different things. And you forget you are dealing with Ferguson PD. They could have arrested him simply to scare him into talking.

Not getting "justice" is most likely going to lead to Ferguson and parts of St Louis being ablaze.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
in a town as small as Ferguson, you are probably right that Wilson already knew of Brown if there was something worth knowing.

his absent father, present stepfather, his mothers many lovers and step-siblings probably made Michael Brown feel isolated, confused and trapped in a world from which their was no escape. he had no girlfriend or at least no one that's come out on his behalf...

he lashed out...

and Wilson was the poor sap that was there the day it happened.

tragic but not unique.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I am not sure if they could run a jury trial on this case at this point. Too much media coverage on it. Not sure if it is possible not to do a jury trial but I can't imagine anyone would get a fair judgement in this case at this point. Even if it was determined this was a clean shooting, I can't see a jury having to make that decision....talk about fearing for your life.....once their names were released, if that was the verdict, they would have all kinds of death threats.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

In your statement "blindly regurgitating facts". Facts, are in fact, what most members here seek out! Albeit in this particular case the op is not stating fact "proven" as yet. Their relating something they found on the internet that could either be proven truth or bs information. But your complaining about facts being regurgitated is rather questionable. What would you prefer we post innuendo, falsehoods, and lies?

edit on 20-8-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have no respect for how the LEO carried out his job. I have however typed this respectfully. I've made my opinion that this man is not a victim, he got dressed this day in a uniform that included a bullet proof vest.

With that in mind. This LEO now has his future in the hands of people using him to further their personal agendas. Having seen how the release of information was done, having seen how his superiors handle their jobs. Do you think this man can get any semblance of his rights?

He's become a pawn in political agendas. He made the error and now he's going to have to fight for his right not to be a scapegoat.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well said, and he is probably never going to work in LE again. He will most likely disappear from the public eye for a long time. If I were him I would fear for my life and my families lives with the way the people of Ferguson are reacting. Not sure on how it works but I would guess he is trying to get some type of federal protection on his family.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ty. I thought people might need to hear from someone that was against this mans actions that day.

At the very least his trial may need to be put of state.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I've decidedly stayed on the side lines of this topic so far because truthfully, the facts aren't in as yet. There are stories surfacing that are beginning to paint a picture of a young man, 6 ft. 4 in. Tall and 292 pounds who according to unconfirmed sources belted this cop in the side of his head so hard as to fracture his scull around his eye socket. If this in fact true, trust me no Kevlar vest is going to protect that kind of physical abuse. Which would account for the first four crappy shots that hit Mike in the arm prior to the kill shots to the head. Trust me when I say a blow dead on from a human that size is like getting hit with a sledge hammer in the head. He was probably seeing double as he responded to the threat.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If this guy had previous crimes involving violence in his past and the cop knew it, the cop would have reasonable reason to shoot him if he did initially assault him in any way.

How would the cop know about it? He didn't even know who Michael Brown was. He didn't know about the robbery. Brown was just some kid on the street.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join