It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversion to Islam in prison, Sleepers in the making?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
prisoners chat just like everyone else so they might get into philosophical // religious theories
probly wouldnt be first time it happend

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tranquilone666
A reply to: TiedDestructor

I'm sorry if you came to the conclusion that I thought every Muslim was a radical. Silly me I thought that I had said people who convert who already have reason to dislike America in my OP.
Also I would imagine that the number is higher then 1%. Just because you don't openly declare yourself to be a wanna be jihadist doesn't mean you aren't thinking it inside. It's pretty easy to hide your true feelings from people.

I haven't spoken to you directly in this thread so I can't come to much of a "conclusion" about anything.

Did I miss our discussion?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
a reply to: DarknStormy

have you ever seen the face of American when someone they didn't expect say they're Muslim?

brainwashing, sadly; many of them are actually afraid of Muslims, any Muslim.

This is neither here not there, but it just happened to me this morning. There is a little store I frequent, and the guy who works there and I always chat a little, everytime I go in. Very nice guy. The last time I was in there, it was a hundred degrees outside, and when I went out to my car to leave, the battery had died.

I went back into the store, and thankfully my shop buddy took care of me. He got AAA on the phone for me, then took me back in the office to sit at the desk with a nice cold bottle of water. I was there around an hour. He came back to check on me, etc. and was just a sweetie.

Today, I went back into the shop, and took him a box of brownie's to thank him for taking care of me. He was just a sweetie. Gave me a big hug.

As I was checking out, I mentioned ISIL, and the Journalist, and he said "what's wrong with that"? I said "Do you watch the news at all?" and he said no.

I told him they are killing everything that moves, that's not Sunni Muslim. That they have threatened the President, and all of us.

I said "Oh, so are you Sunni Muslim?"

And he said "yes".

Could have knocked me over with a feather. I wish I could have seen the look on my own face!

Anyway, like I said - neither here nor there. Your post just rang a bell. That was a first for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor
I appologize, I had meant to reply to the person above your first post. I'm still new and I'm on my phone which doesn't help either. My apologies to you sir/madam.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
prisoners chat just like everyone else so they might get into philosophical // religious theories
probly wouldnt be first time it happend

Prisons are one of the best ways to learn about philosophy/learning the deeper meaning to things... It may be hard to believe but it is the truth.
edit on 20-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It doesn't take a genius to realize people feeling oppressed (you lose basic rights while incarcerated ) are easy targets for a cause that may not be their own.

This needs to be brought up somewhere. I'm sure it'll just result in prisoners feeling more hate for the man.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
radical islam is a gang front. And i hope people can realize this.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My understanding is that a lot of folks who 'convert' in prison do so for strictly cynical reasons - the halaal meals tend to be larger/better than the standard prison fare, plus they get extra during Ramadan after fasting.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the replies.

I never thought that other people would think the same thing as me. I'm not saying that this is what is going on, because I think it would make a great book and we all know life isn't a book, but I think that it's a possibility that has probably been discussed by gov. Officials at least once.

Who knows, it could be a plan by TPTB to destroy America within.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join