It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Brown may have paid for cigars, the storeowners never called 911.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It seems the Ferguson police have been busted again. They demonized this guy. There has been a large push to call him a strong arm thief, and say he charged officers, but now I don't know what to believe.

Apparently, one source says he paid for his cigars. He grabbed more than he could afford and had a disagreement and possibly shoved the clerk, but the clerk said he/storeowner DID NOT call the police. The police say a random citizen that was a customer in the store called. I want to hear that call, because the cops notoriously lie about tips. So it is possible that there was never a call about Mike Brown and that was fabricated after the fact (it was all released as the same time as the officers name) to justify the officer coming back to further harrass the teen.

Note: Another source says he did steal cigars but it was so insignificant that the store owners didn't call the police. Allegedly a customer did. I really can't see a customer caring more than the storeowner themselves and now i REALLY want to hear that 911 call. I want to know it exists. I want to know there was a report that made that cop circle around again.

The shooting was no doubt unjustified, but this makes it look even worse as there may have never been a call and the whole story that the officer circled back because he heard the call and considered them suspects may be b.s. I will note that the story says the storeowner claimed the customer made the call, but until I see the store owner say so, I won't trust it.

Sources of course aren't what I'd prefer, but they are what I have.

The shooting was unjustified regardless because we have an officer, armed, at his car shooting an unarmed teen on foot.

Whatever words were exchanged between the man in the video and the store owner, they were not considered very serious, as the store owner nor the employees did not report a theft at the store. According to the stores attorney, the owners were bewildered when the police approached them demanding the surveillance tapes. The store owners are now afraid of themselves becoming a target, due to the Ferguson PD’s attempt to tie their store to the fateful shooting. A gross abuse of police authority, one which now puts someone else at risk. Even if Michael Brown were a petty thief, this does not excuse the cold-blooded shooting death of the 18-year-old. Of course the right-wing took the robbery claim at face value, and began labeling Michael Brown as a ‘thug‘ who did not deserve due process. But instead it looked like he was a teenager who was enjoying a few cigars which he purchased at the local store. The store owners did not claim he stole from them. Video evidence shows him paying for the cigars found on him. The police attempt to paint Michael Brown as anything but a victim is a complete and total fraud.

Link

Second source (the one that says he stole them but the store didn't call 911).
Second link

The store owners are also pissed because the ignorant police have linked them to this kids death and tried to use it to justify the police interacting with him a second time (which led to the shooting) when the store didn't even call 911. So the police put this store at risk for looting.

This shooting was unjustified no matter your opinion of Mr. Brown and the police are covering up something by being intentionally sloppy and letting out disinformation.

edit on 19-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No, they were scared of retribution. Read this article....

www.katenews2day.com... -store/

This is a blurb from the Washington Post which is in the above article

The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.

“It’s very dangerous,” he said. “They kill us if they think we are responsible. People don’t understand that.”

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
or the store owner knew that someone had already called and didn't see the need to call again.
and if the theft was so "insignificant " why did the clerk / owner confront him on the way out?
surly if it was the clerk the owner would have informed him that the theft of little items is not significant, and not to confront the thief /robber. and if the owner why bother if it was a "insignificant " loss of goods?
edit on 19-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No one deserves to be shot. Period. However...

1. He stole something that was not his...a crime
2. He pushed the store owner to leave the store...a crime
3. According to witnesses...numerous.....he provoked, attacked(punched) and then ran back at the officer....a crime(btw it is a complete reversal of the accomplices eyewitness statement)

He was not an innocent man walking down the street gunned down for sport. If you want to live the life you might die as many living that life do. We should be glad that the cop was such a good shot and did not harm a civilian.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That doesn't make sense. They wouldn't be scared of retribution to call the cops after the incident because he hadn't been murdered yet and so there was no ruckus.

They are mad that they are connected by the cops (the cigar thing really is unrelated for the most part) because of possible retribution, but that wouldn't have kept them from calling.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I wish i had a crystal ball and figure out what happened that day.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
No one deserves to be shot. Period. However...

1. He stole something that was not his...a crime
2. He pushed the store owner to leave the store...a crime
3. According to witnesses...numerous.....he provoked, attacked(punched) and then ran back at the officer....a crime(btw it is a complete reversal of the accomplices eyewitness statement)

He was not an innocent man walking down the street gunned down for sport. If you want to live the life you might die as many living that life do. We should be glad that the cop was such a good shot and did not harm a civilian.

He may have stolen something. There are conflicting reports that he paid for his cigars and had an argument with the clerk. He stood at the counter a long time for a grab and go theft.

I sincerely doubt he laid a hand on the officer as he was shot at a distance apparently running towards the officer. The officer was armed and at his cruiser. He could have backed up and waited on back up, or tazed the kid or any number of things. YOU DON"T SHOOT UNARMED CIVILIANS (unless they get a sneak attack upper hand and are b eating you to death). If you can retreat and are armed you should hang back and wait on cops. The same rules that apply to citizens should apply to cops.

The guy was also 6 foot 4 and had a gunshot down through the top of his head. He must have been charging at a 90 degree angle. That doesn't make much sense.

edit on 19-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I think everyone does.
If only everyone had kept a cool head....
But we never know if the information that we get is what is real... even in the end.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
if that was him in the video its doubtful
also irrelevant to the shooting and subsequent response to protestors which clearly illustrate systematic abuses of power
edit on 19-8-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

What happened that Day was a Tragedy, what is happening now might be even worse.

The World seems more hostile and imbalanced everyday from my perspective. And Money is Hate Machine.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Most important is the fact that the store owners didnt call. I don't see why a customer would.

We need to hear that 911 report.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If the town is as bad as I have heard, then I am sure the store owner would be in fear for his life calling the cops on someone. People there are murdered. I wouldn't be surprised if the audio, if there was any, from the store video had Brown threatening to do just that if the owner called police.

Didn't deserve to die, but if he hadn't committed a crime then he might still be around....not that it would make any difference since then he would just be wasting tax dollars sitting in prison not contributing anything to society as was his usual.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

What is doubtful, and the call is very relevant as that is what apparently made the officer that killed him circle back and approach them again (his first swing by was just harassment then he allegedly got a call that made him go back).

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Most important is the fact that the store owners didnt call. I don't see why a customer would.

We need to hear that 911 report.

Of course the store owner will say he didn't call...if you lived in that neighborhood, would you admit openly that you were the one that called? And sure....why wouldn't a citizen call? If you saw a crime happening would you personally just look the other way?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
If the town is as bad as I have heard, then I am sure the store owner would be in fear for his life calling the cops on someone. People there are murdered. I wouldn't be surprised if the audio, if there was any, from the store video had Brown threatening to do just that if the owner called police.

Didn't deserve to die, but if he hadn't committed a crime then he might still be around....not that it would make any difference since then he would just be wasting tax dollars sitting in prison not contributing anything to society as was his usual.

So a customer would be more likely to call? It's nothing to them and they live there too. They'd be labeled a snitch. Makes no sense for a customer to call. Im starting to doubt the call was made.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

The same rules that apply to citizens should apply to cops.

this is what doesn't sit well with me...if the cop was fearfull for his life he would have just gotten out of there and called in backup instead of going all clint eastwood on him..(granted with a sever lack of accuracy)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If I saw someone shoplift cheap cigars.. no I wouldn't call the cops.

Why would the shop owner lie about not making the call.. it could be disproved pretty easily.

link   

That doesn't make sense. They wouldn't be scared of retribution to call the cops after the incident because he hadn't been murdered yet and so there was no ruckus.

what are you talking about, it is well known that the criminal element prey on innocent folks in towns and neighborhoods like this. and go for retribution, if what they call it snitch on them or cause harm to one of them.

chance are if he would have been arrested for stealing the cigars, he would have been back to settle what he thought was a score.

it is also known that in these type areas, that if a thugs homies, peep's brothers, or what ever they call themselves thought you had something to do with the death of one of theirs, no matter how insignificant, they get pay back.

stop trying to cover for this thug and these people that live that life style.

link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So a customer would be more likely to call? It's nothing to them and they live there too. They'd be labeled a snitch. Makes no sense for a customer to call. Im starting to doubt the call was made.

Unless the citizen has been named then there is no worry over it. My guess would be the store owner called, or one of the clerks there and they are not admitting it. And at this point everyone, including the police, know that if the name were released of who called it would be a death wish.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The same rules that apply to citizens should apply to cops.

this is what doesn't sit well with me...if the cop was fearfull for his life he would have just gotten out of there and called in backup instead of going all clint eastwood on him..(granted with a sever lack of accuracy)

Exactly.. that's why I keep repeating he was at his damn car, maybe in it, until he got out to shoot.

Same with the cops that pulled up on the kid walking with the toy ak. They shot and killed him after they yelled and he turned around. It was airsoft, but they feared for their lives so they got off.. but no one called them to check the kid out, they spotted him walking. They put themselves in what they apparently perceived as danger (idiots) and could have extricated themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join