It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

See, I don't think like that. Sure, Mike Wilson's shooting was the final straw, and it was the catalyst that set off the protests, but we will see if it becomes a wider protest against the profiling of all blacks, against the police shooting dogs in their own yards, against police knocking someone out of a wheelchair, and on and on. If everyone is strongly opposed to the over-militarization of the police and their rising brutality, then it well may spread.

There was a student follow-up protest in Montreal today, and some protesters were carrying signs in solidarity with Ferguson, and they were doing the same in London. The people of Ferguson may have one opinion that's totally off-kilter in the eyes of some, but it's how it's allowed or NOT allowed to be played out and the response from TPTB locally, at the state level as well as the federal level, that will determine whether it will spread or be extinguished. (In my own two-penny opinion, of course).

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Sorry.
EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD!

yes all of you..
Keep questioning...

We reform and still keep forging..

Gosh dang you ALL go so fast..
Tim pool still up...

Schamoochh..even the nasty grams...
All of you are heard here...

Wabbit..ldragon.bis. taggart ...thank you for bringing links and info!

And to many from original feed..
Everyone from the start and suggesting( go back and read pages 15 to beyond.. )
Everyone gave allll the links..
They worked hard to stay abreast and in tune..

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

They wussed out last night any way.
They were at the heart of it till shtf and then dipped out, we don't need their coverage IMO.
And they were kinda coaching the interviews i saw IMO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
"Why are so many of you behind me? "We're taking you to a secure area". POP POP! "What just happened?"

"Where are you from"

"Canada"

"The blues are gonna win the Stanley Cup this year"

"Why won't you let me report what's happening?"
edit on 18-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's peaceful now, but it may not be in a while. Remember, they gave them about 40 minutes last night before they began to enforce the curfew. It's a watch & wait right now.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Taggart

They wussed out last night any way.
They were at the heart of it till shtf and then dipped out, we don't need their coverage IMO.
And they were kinda coaching the interviews i saw IMO

Just thought it was interesting that the night it actually kicks off they are gone,
almost like they knew to get out of dodge.

Maybe..

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ok i'll make sure to say tim post next time but i cant help that you share the name of the person that is running the feed.

And im not a kid, so we can stop calling me that now

You were here last night..
I even gave You..
Credit and stars..

OK not a kid...
I wish I can bring this to a clean ending..
But at past my prime..

What do you suggest?
Any yet violence is good..

edit on 18-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I understand that this is tense and outright madness, but I do not like you constantly posting these links with disingenuous titles.

Forgive my honesty. It's one of my downfalls.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wesley Lowery apparently still has a bone to pick about journalist treatment and has been retweeting all journalist reports of being threatened, arrested and more. Worth a look.

twitter.com...

Also on this one, journalists talking about that story of a molotov starting the earlier gassing. Number of them are saying there was no molotov:
new.livestream.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I understand that this is tense and outright madness, but I do not like you constantly posting these links with disingenuous titles.

Forgive my honesty. It's one of my downfalls.

Then keep up and post better links. LISTEN to what is happening right now, get it off of mute.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Very early on after chaos broke out, CNN was reporting that protestors approaching the command post threw molotov coctails. Then they dumped that talking point and said protestors shot at police and they fired back with tear gas and rubber bullets. Then it was they just heard gun shots and protestors were acting aggressively. Now they are saying they don't know what set police off again...

Police have no public information officer staying in contact with media. At all during all of this.

This is such a mess and an escalation of hostilities. I don't know what Capt. Johnson's plan actually is but it is not working and is only escalating tensions during what was a community event and peaceful march by the vast majority. It is never as he sells it either. They seem completely incapable of policing anything in this state without all out violence. I just cannot believe this full on assault on protestors was the only response possible.

The authorities are out of control and making even problems with small groups of people their only provocation needed to take out everyone...everyone.

They (police) are out of control. They just need to leave and stay gone. There would be less damage. Far less.

edit on 18-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: beezzer

CNN sucks. See my post.

link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

well said thank you.

If your interested in the entire story goto page 15 of this thread and read all you will have a play by play of the last 2 night of events.

For events from Wed 8-13 got this thread
An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

Read the whole thing and you will know whats happened here

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Tim Pool is talking to other reporters now. One said he was at the front when and where a molotov was allegedly thrown according to police. The reporter said they had cameras rolling the whole time and there were NO molotovs.

link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

right before my blue screen tim pool was talking to some one who had video that no molotov we used or seen just the cops opening fire

link   

Ugh I can't hear the stream with alice for what ever reason, what is going on in that feed?

link   

I'm watching the very link you have been posting and right now it's a lady reporter talking with a male officer. It's a flirt-fest and not any action as you are making it out to be.

What's your purpose here?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I'm watching the very link you have been posting and right now it's a lady reporter talking with a male officer. It's a flirt-fest and not any action as you are making it out to be.

What's your purpose here?

WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE?!?! I AM TUNING IN BECAUSE I CARE AND REPORTING WHAT I SEE AND HEAR. Refute my quotes or stop it!!!! You and I are not important!!!!

See, he's talking to her about what Canada is like, and freaking hockey. He's distracting her. Can anyone post a more on-site link now? Tim and these gals and IATB are now retreated.
edit on 18-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join