It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Did you watch Humans? the channel 4 uk series?.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Did you watch Humans? the channel 4 uk series?.

Good show. Also Vice the Bruce Willis Vice movie was interesting.

They make drone/clones and designate an area for them to live in where humans are able to come in and pay to fulfil their fantansies with them.

I think by the time they perfect the technology for viable sexbots their will be software simulation that will probably precede it.

In other words you will go to your favorite P site and software will directly send stimulation to your brain where it will completely fool all your senses.
Maybe a combination of sexbot and wireless brain communication might work? Getting a bot to fool all the senses is not a small task.
edit on 171031America/ChicagoThu, 01 Oct 2015 10:17:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah very good movie that well worth a watch.
Odd it didn't get any attention.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If this really is a design your own kind of thing, I will take 7 of 9 please. Eh, just give me all 9.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's when we can put our minds in them I wish I lived long enough to see.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Nah, why do you ask?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You should dude
not going to spoil it.
Plus Anita the robot is hot

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Alright brother, I'll check it out I wander if it's on Netflix.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well this should cut down on mannequin theft.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It's when we can put our minds in them I wish I lived long enough to see.

Several billionaires are working on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You know a thought occurred to me as I read the thread title. The thought has cropped up before, so it's nothing new. However, it's stark contrast to what I would have thought when I was younger. At a younger age, I had so much bottled up enthusiasm for the future. Technology dazzled me, swept me away with promises of possibility and discovery. I think some of it stems from my interest in systems. Whether they be engines or bridges and spacecraft or software programs, they're all systems built and improved by us. That was part of it, for sure. Yet as I've grown older, I've become more weary of these things. I think technology changes us. It changes what we want and what we'll tolerate. It changes what we expect too. These changes can have profound affects.

How will sexbots change us? I can't be sure. I think how we're changed is non-linear. It's like a web interacting with other webs, yet they're all constructed of different materials and operate under different rules, even different pressures or gravitation.

I think borders will be removed and others added. If you look at history, progress is a systematic removal of past barriers and the addition or alteration of others. commensurate with the technology and cultural attitudes we have.

Maybe it's helpful to examine how a already understood technology has changed us? Maybe I'll try to give a hack at computers and how they might have changed us? Or perhaps how they will?

1) Like books, we usually sit to use them--this changes hormones and mood and some have argued increases nearsightedness. Health has probably suffered, not just from generally reduced levels of exercise, but stress injuries to the wrists and fingers or the neck resulting from heavy use.
2) They can "think" on a primitive level 24/7, replacing repetitive tasks we might have done in the past, relieving us of them and allowing us to focus on more dynamic comprehensive procedures. The consequences of this are perhaps deeper than they appear. Maybe evolution tinkered some of us for repetitive tasks?
3) Rapid exchange of information across the planet has changed how we communicate and even congregate. Speaking into a phone is not the same thing as speaking to a person face-to-face. The internet is more than just a place to share information or do business, it's also a place to meet and socialize. Young people are increasingly using it for this purpose, whereas in the past, again, face-to-face contact was more common. Changes from this are likely.
4) Chemicals/electromagnetic waves. Yes, plastics and electronics. I can't realistically put this here, but then again, it feels too dismissive not to. What if these things are changing us?

Don't sweat the small stuff and pick apart what I wrote there. It's just a stab. The ripples--from these things--in our human continuum are wide and far. I believe my understanding of this is infantile. I also think it's probable many of the changes on us will remain unknown. And when something is unknown it means we can't counter it.

If you think it's only cultural or societal, you may be wrong. Look up epigenetics. I'll even put a link here:
en.wikipedia.org - Epigenetics...

Epigenetics is the study, in the field of genetics, of cellular and physiological phenotypic trait variations that are caused by external or environmental factors that switch genes on and off and affect how cells read genes instead of being caused by changes in the DNA sequence.[1][2] Hence, epigenetic research seeks to describe dynamic alterations in the transcriptional potential of a cell. These alterations may or may not be heritable, although the use of the term "epigenetic" to describe processes that are not heritable is controversial.[3] Unlike genetics based on changes to the DNA sequence (the genotype), the changes in gene expression or cellular phenotype of epigenetics have other causes, t

Maybe I should not worry. Hasn't it always been this way? If you're younger, you may ask yourself the same question one day. And no it's not a rhetorical question. I genuinely ask it.
edit on 10/1/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We just need a bioprinter and some nanobots to run the brains and we have cylons! In a word. . . .AWESOME!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The internet is more than just a place to share information or do business, it's also a place to meet and socialize. Young people are increasingly using it for this purpose, whereas in the past, again, face-to-face contact was more common. Changes from this are likely.

They are not only likely, they are already occurring, and they are not good (assuming that good = constructive/conducive to the further development of the abilities we already have and of society as we know it - as interaction between humans, not machines).

Namely, constant communication and "exploring" of the world via two-dimensional media that only involve very limited use of the senses - excluding smell entirely, for example - is bound to have an impact not only on processes involved in brain plasticity but on the perception of self in a tridimensional world. If such media are used constantly from a very young age, that could and probably will stunt certain natural physical responses (including the sex drive).
There have been a few serious studies about it.
I'll post them here if I can retrace them.

Anyway, it is a very good and thoughtful reply that you posted.

edit on 1-11-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

just experiencing that 4 month stretch of solitude was enough me to pitty people who are societal casualties who don't fit in, who are mentally I'll, or disfigured. A life without human touch from the opposite sex or the sex your attracted to is no life at all its damaging, and not surprising people loose there mind and purpose over such things.

Such "societal casualties" are far more common that you may think, and they don't include just "misfits", the mentally ill or the disfigured that you mention: they can, and do, also include highly attractive and accomplished people, of both sexes but especially women (for a variety of reasons).
Much of it has to do with the deterioration of genuine and LIVE social interaction.
Which means that, in all probability, there will be ever more of such "societal casualties" - deprived of the warmth of human touch - in the future.
(And no, no robots will ever come even close to substituting human touch.)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: StealthyKat
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Well...vibrators are just an object...but these will be androids, and POTENTIALLY they may get to the point where they "think"

Here's a revolutionary idea: how about investing all that time and resources in "androids" that already think - namely, humans?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

I no longer care about a relationship like that. I'm not a person who thrives on arguments, extra stress, insane expectations, hypocrisy, ect. I live free and single, those days of pain and heartache are far behind me. I struggle enough just getting through my day to day alone without someone else heaping a bunch of extra stress on me.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I know of nobody who does thrive on heartache or stress.
I am very sorry to read what you had to go through, and I hope the future brings you better experiences.

But I was not referring to "relationships", not in the post you were replying to.
I simply find it ridiculous and absurd to invest time and billions of good money to develop something we already have - our own race, the human race - while billions of actual humans, with enormous potentials, go to waste.
It's criminal stupidity.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

Ahhh, yeah, well the "goal" I believe should be to free us up from drudgery so we can expand the human consciousness and pursue creative and intellectual pursuits. For which replacing as many jobs as possible is a good thing. Sadly for it to be a good thing we need an extreme and rapid shift in how we view our economy, as we're heading towards not needing people to work, while still demanding people work at jobs that don't exist to live.

Humanity is exceedingly held back by the extreme drudgery of modern society.
edit on 11/1/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lighter78

Regarding the Cherry 2000 movie.

with the declining human sexual encounters requiring contracts drawn up by lawyers prior to sexual activity.

This already happened to a degree in 1990 after a rape case on campus. Every student living in dorms got a copy of a form of "Agreement to have sexual relations" which both parties were urged to sign before having any type of sex.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
3d orinted human body parts! We can just make humoid androids!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join