It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
year 2030.... nobody remembers how to masturbate anymore....

sexbot, personal assistant, protector, tax and 'revenue' collector...

big brother mutha fu##a can be everything to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
there is nothing like a real woman, or for that matter a real man. it's like saying I can live on tofu salads, but a full course meal is what I really want.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
Get onto AMAZON or E-BAY for the French maid's outfits you will save a fortune in 2025 they will cost 10x now
ps don't forget the lubricant

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:06 PM
By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

In the Year 2525?

In the year 2525, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a-coming, He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around Himself and say
"Guess it's time for the Judgement Day"

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say, "I'm pleased where man has been"
Or tear it down, and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been ten thousand years, man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

Wow this song says it all, Sexbots is just the beginning - Scary Times Ahead

edit on Sun2288201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:10 PM
After 3 marriages (or should I say, 3 divorces) this sexbot thing sounds more and more like it may be the real deal. That way when the mood strikes, instead of feeling like I’m doing a standup comedy routine, I could play the role of Manly Man! Desired by all women. A hardened soldier on the Battlefield of Love.

All this and I get to keep the car and house, and maybe even a little bit of dignity, when the SHTF! OK, I’m sold. Where do I sign up?

God, I love technology! What good times we live in...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:56 AM

originally posted by: StealthyKat
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Well...vibrators are just an object...but these will be androids, and POTENTIALLY they may get to the point where they "think"

Exactly and even before they do have that potential to"think" people will be taking up them as companions-for men and women alike surely- in place of real people. You can kinda already see that now with people who buy the "real" dolls when forgoing human relationships.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
a reply to: neoholographic
I remember as a kid in the eighties, they said we would live on the moon and under the sea and cars would fly and that robots would do all the work by now. Excuse me if I dont hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
The elite don't want to maintain anything. That's what they have employees for. They don't want to develope new technologies. They want to use them . People will educate each other. Like they always have. reply to: Tardacus

Here we go again,

I will begin with the usual assertion I hear in regards to the impact of these soon to be real “future-tech jobs", which contrary to beliefs of some, includes the trades and related proprietary tech that will not be repairable, only "replaceable by a certified/licensed tech".

“Someone has to get paid to fix the robots!”

I often hear this above noted rebuttal to mass automation in the workplace, with big business being hell bent on replacing living workers with machines. BUT it misses a subtle point that ONLY the children of the wealthy will have the opportunity to become TRUE experts in such fields. Let me clarify, through the prior 20th century, a poor kid who studied hard could become a lawyer, accountant, even a doctor sometimes with the right combination of hard work, savings, scholarships, family support, etc or simply went into the trades and learned on the job with pay. HOWEVER, in engineering and technician curriculum’s today, times are changing to favor kids whom have access to expensive software and hardware to “experiment” with and “practice” on before entering college or a particular training program. So when they finally get to college or their apprenticeship, those whom have had lots of free time to “play” with robotics and programming outside of class WILL CERTAINLY outpace their less privileged peer who flips burgers part-time to pay rent and school expenses.

Many people generally do not bother to ask themselves, would future robotics consulting companies prefer to hire low work-experienced graduates, whom have demonstrated HANDS-ON, non-professional robotics experience in the form of a “hobby portfolio”; OR a graduate with no “hobby portfolio” experience, whom worked hard to graduate with a difficult major, but didn’t have as much free time to develop skills specifically related to their major, having a long list of work experience, flipping burgers, unrelated to their major? I’m seeing this already happening in many different engineering fields where the young workers being hired today are from wealthy families and great colleges, while at the same time being trained by older folks whom were necessarily not as privileged in their youth, but got through school the hard, 20th century way and were trained on the job, while paid, over long periods of time. This certainly is no longer an option in 2014 and on because companies would prefer to churn experienced staff rather than train fresh graduates in-house.

Before 1990, 40% of teenagers had part-time jobs while in school. This is a relevant statistic because today only 20% of teenagers in school have part-time jobs. Teens at one time did make up a sizable portion of the workforce and such changes in employment practices.

Although not my primary point, I do think there is plenty of evidence that teens today do not have the opportunity to get part-time jobs, BUT the wealthy ones are beginning to develop advanced skill-sets that COULD be MORE helpful in their future adult careers than say “working at a taco stand after school”. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are very good examples of people who made use of their free time and access to money, without laboring for pay, to develop specialized skills that could not be learned at a MINDLESS part-time job or even in formal schooling. In the end, they leveraged that free time learning into long term careers.

Here is a modern example of a company with a big contract to fill and absolutely no "will" to increase wages to attract experience personnel, nor the desire to train inexperienced ones the job. Instead they put out a story on the web bellyaching:

In the link below this paragraph I have posted an example of what I believe to be a young person from a well off family who majored in robotics at USC, whom doesn’t appear to have had an unrelated part-time job to her major, while in college, possibly had lots time to “experiment” with the technology in her spare time, got a masters degree back to back to the bachelors AND at the end of the day got a job offer at a University sponsored dinner party for robotics majors. NOBODY I went to college with EVER got a job offer at a university sponsored dinner party, I’m sure many Ivy league and top 10 school graduates do however. My point being, these future “robot repair jobs” are going to require smart kids with desire to advance, that went to good schools, had lots of spare time and money to play with the tech outside of school AND got their jobs offered at dinner parties, some of which will be non-paying internships at first. These jobs will not be gotten through sending out blind jobs applications or web job boards, as was done in the 20th century. Basically what this girl is doing for Disney will in the near future be more like what a plumber or electrician of today does, EXCEPT you won’t get trained on the job in a low-pay apprenticeship when at “entry level”. In fact to even be considered for these “future-tech jobs” in the first place you’ll need to have good academic pedigree, lots of unpaid hobby time and 1+ years of unpaid internships.

Here is her story, readers can decide for themselves, my opinion is that this is what a career for a plumber is going to look like in 15+ years: /11/imagineer-molly-rinke-on-creating-immersive-experiences-at-walt-disney-imagineering/

Those whom are going to be rendered jobless by automation/robotics/tech are going to be the least likely to be able to pick up these pieces in the coming era of traditional jobs destruction. Its going to IMPOSSIBLE for the poor to go back to school, get a masters degree in robotics, in full-time only engineering programs, that strongly discourage their admitted students from taking part-time jobs, while favoring students who have both the money and free time and don’t EVER work at an unrelated job to their majors, who then buy expensive robotics hardware/software to experiment with outside of class.

Mark my words this future labor market in the pursuit of “maintaining robots” is going to be the sole domain of rich kids with advanced degrees from good schools because NO ONE is going to train anyone else perceived as lesser, in that kind of job, WITH PAY.

To continue my above point, I believe “rich kid” job mobility is going to be a bigger problem for regular folks beyond what the previous "rich kid" pedigree typically brought in the 20th century. This unfettered access to endless money and time to “explore” academics and hands-on work with no consequences is going to END job mobility of any kind for the lower and middle classes, even those whom have met the typical required higher education and work experience standards. Its going to be a superstar only job market with no room for middle of road folks.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
a reply to: boohoo

Remember in "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" that Charlies father became unemployed because he was replaced by a machine for putting the tops on toothpaste tubes.

He later got his job back to repair the machine that put the tops on the toothpaste tubes.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM

originally posted by: OneManArmy
a reply to: boohoo

Remember in "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" that Charlies father became unemployed because he was replaced by a machine for putting the tops on toothpaste tubes.

He later got his job back to repair the machine that put the tops on the toothpaste tubes.

I get your point, but I think you missed mine.

Keeping up with the basics in terms of education and on-the-job work skills won’t be enough for jobs requiring future tech, labor market, skill-sets (i.e. robot repair). The poor and even the middle class (not the upper middle class) will simply NOT be able to keep up with the skill demands for future employment, REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, STATE LICENSING, etc, while earning wages AND keeping a roof over their heads. In the future these very high costs skills needed to stay “relevant” in ALL labor markets will only be affordable to the rich, or at the very least to VERY far forward thinking middle class families, willing to sacrifice everything financially to keep their offspring competitive in the larger job market.

Up to the 1940 a person could get just about any job with an 8th grade education, but today you need a BA or Masters for entry level.

Because the government & big business figured out a long time ago that populations would certainly increase over time, but due to technology advancements, the availability of jobs would not expand to meet that population growth. There is a reason they don’t want people dropping out of high school and then at the same time, encourage that high school graduates to attend junior college, then a 4 year university and finally a Masters degree or PhD. They do so because it DECREASES the amount of people looking for full-time employment at the SAME TIME, chasing after jobs in a market that CANNOT provide employment for everyone looking for, able, qualified for and willing to work.

Look at it this way, when people could get a job with an 8th grade education, they went out and did it as soon as possible (opportunity cost). Then jobs got scarcer and the minimum requirement became a high school diploma, adding 4 more years of people NOT Looking for jobs within their cohort. Then jobs got even scarcer and the minimum became a 2 or 4 year college degree, adding an additional 2-4 years of people NOT looking for jobs within their cohort. Now jobs are really scarce and may require a Masters or PHD, adding an additional 2-7 years of people NOT looking for jobs within their cohort.

Basically the way the economy has been structured TODAY, we are looking at young people within their cohort whom are NOT looking for full-time, career type, employment for 6-15 YEARS, beyond K-12, all while they finish school!!!

This has been done ON PURPOSE to keep the number people seeking employment lower. In 1920 after 8th grade everyone who was able went out to look for work and typically found it, that’s simply NOT possible today under any circumstances. Easily accessed welfare will soon add another 1-3 years of people within a cohort, to those “not seeking employment”. Not to the specific detriment of society, but to continue to mask the illusion that jobs and upward mobility are still available. So, if someone gets a graduate degree and collects 1-3 years of welfare on top of than, that’s ONE less person competing for scarce jobs. The extra years of welfare then are acting in the same way to the larger economy as the increased minimum education levels for employment. Essentially to decrease the number of able-bodied applicants out on the job market at the same time. This cohort of people "not pursuing full-time employment" also includes those in Prison, Government pensioners and the disabled on government assistance. If everyone needed to go out and “get a job” or “start their own business” TODAY as many “capitalists” suggest these days, we would all be making 0.25 cents a day.

Guess when the largest “recorded” wage increase happened in history for, non-land owing, wage-laborers, post the introduction of fiat currency?

Any ideas?

I’ll tell you, it was after the black death pandemic in the 14th century.

How is that possible?

Because “the owners of capital”, post-black-death-pandemic still needed wage-laborers, but there was a HUGE shortage of able bodied people, so in order for ANY work to get done they had to pay the peasants and other undesirables more, SIGNIFICANTLY MORE. This principle is still at work today, when you take the time to recognize that portions of the population are actively discouraged from participating in the full-time labor market. This is easily done, by throwing people in prison, forcing them to attend formal school longer and allowing more people to claim themselves as disabled or collect both long and short term welfare. The next obvious step for government to further reduce the number of people participating in the full-time labor market is to allow them easier access to welfare or as some have be recommending lately a guaranteed minimum wage or allowance that everyone gets without having to provide labor to an employer first. I’m not going to go into any specific economic theory, but this above noted cohort of non-participants collecting a base amount of guaranteed welfare/allowance will likely keep wages stable for those whom are still working full-time. If all people capable of working full-time entered the jobs the market simultaneously, wages would crash and to a certain extent have, as of 2014.

There has ALWAYS been an economic system at work in the USA that limited the number of able bodied workers whom would be PAID and those who WOULD NOT be paid. The “owners of capital” learned their lesson about labor shortages POST the “Black Death” and figured out from that day forward how to keep wages down and potential available laborers numbers at maximum levels, while forcing them to compete for scarce available paid labor positions.

In the past when there wasn’t enough money to go around to pay wages the “owners of capital” simply brought in more indentured servant immigrants (Irish, Italians, Chinese, etc) or used flat out slave labor (Blacks, Native Americans, domestic prisoners, POW’s, etc). The only difference between now and then is that “owners of capital” can’t LEGALLY have slaves or indentured servants anymore, BUT they have the same pressures as before, to keep their high wages flowing and laborers working even when there isn’t enough “PIE” to go around to pay those laborers for services rendered. The mechanisms today that replaces slaves and indentured servants are the following: longer than needed formal education for basic employment, off-shoring of labor, forced retirement, prisoners and welfare.

The only other choice when these conditions eventually arise will be the expansion of welfare because some rich kids will want to work for fun or enrichment, but there won’t be many job to go around anyway. So, someone has to go and it won’t be them at the end of the day. Another possible policy outcome to all the above is making the legal adult age 25, which could give the middle class time to recover decades of wage loses and lower the likelihood of people willy-nilly having a child that they know legally can live with them until 25. Baby making will drop off a cliff and daily wages will soar if such a law were created.

It find it amusing when people think "robots" will help this situation

edit on 18-8-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
1. A great boon to people who currently live in "half-way homes." Elderly people who are not completely bed-ridden, but maybe a bit forgetful, would have a trustworthy, pleasant valet to drive them to the pharmacy, and watch old Gene Kelly Movies with them. And say, "No Mr. Smithers, you've never told me you fought in the war; tell me again!"

2. It would be great for folks in the "other" half-way homes as well. If every criminal had a constant, embodied "conscience," it'd be a lot harder to get in trouble. I think it will turn out that all most criminals ever needed was really just a hug.

3. Finally, on-time and competent pizza delivery would become the norm.

5. It would by no means be the death of "meat-based" relationships. Are you happy with just one friend? One who is better than you, at everything?

6. It would not be the end of meat-based romance. In fact, it might help some. Many partners might be accepting of the fact that their mate had a robot, who provided for a portion of their physical needs. In relationships where one party wants a lot more cuddling or sex, they could get their excess needs from the bot. There might by a lot of "three some couples," where the 2 humans share a bot.

To refer to the American gendertypes, she might get the extra cuddling she's been missing, and he might get his projector lubricated, enough so that they talk TO each other, instead of ABOUT their own interests. And some who have identical needs already, might just get a bigger bed....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:56 PM

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
This is a year or two 50 years from now!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:49 PM
Some of the most realistic ones I have seen...the last one is FIVE years ago...but WOW...even the pock marked skin...and watch the eyes!

Check the detail in this one....and it is from five years ago!!!

edit on 8/20/2014 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:29 PM

originally posted by: StealthyKat

Those are some uuuugleeeee sexbots!

edit on 20-8-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
For these bots, i don't care how soon we have them. All i care is the quality.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
Although this all sounds great fun , here in the UK we used to have a TV program called Tomorrows world, in the 70's they promised by 2010 we would all have Robot butlers and be using Jetpacks to go to work..

the drive to work takes me 40 mins and I still have to pick up my own crap, so i wont hold my hopes up on this one

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
Well there already are people who have sex dolls that look somewhat realistic so sexbot isnt that unfathomable. The thing is this wouldnt meet a mass market enough to be affordable so i think its possible sexbot prostitution may take place.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:32 AM
By 2025? I highly doubt it.

But when robots eventually do become commonplace and take all our jobs I imagine the government will just pay all its citizens a regular income. A theory I heard was that we would go to school and receive income for participating in our own education. This way we would somewhat keep up with smart AI and there would still be money.

As for sexbots, I imagine there would be a lot of ridicule for people with sexbots in the beginning. People would look at you in disgust and think you're weird. The first few sexbots would be very robotic and not that attractive, they would probably cost a lot too. Over time they would become cheaper, more human like and more accepted by society.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM

originally posted by: Eonnn
By 2025? I highly doubt it.

But when robots eventually do become commonplace and take all our jobs I imagine the government will just pay all its citizens a regular income. A theory I heard was that we would go to school and receive income for participating in our own education. This way we would somewhat keep up with smart AI and there would still be money.

As for sexbots, I imagine there would be a lot of ridicule for people with sexbots in the beginning. People would look at you in disgust and think you're weird. The first few sexbots would be very robotic and not that attractive, they would probably cost a lot too. Over time they would become cheaper, more human like and more accepted by society.

When we get replaced by robots then there is no need for us useless eaters anymore. We just burn up all the oil and resources that the elite want for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>