It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge asteroid that 'could end human life' defying gravity as it moves towards Earth, scientists sa

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Really? Nobody brought up Nibiru? Granted I only briefly skimmed the thread but I didn't see anyone type out the magic word. You'd think that crowd would be all over this since it matches up so closely to Sitchin's own date of 2900.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: beezzer

They were studying asteroid 1950 DA, which has a one in 300 chance of hitting the planet on 16 March, 2880.

Islam should have taken over the planet by then, so this may be a good thing.

More than half of the bright stars in the sky have Arabic names. They were very good astronomers and kept good records.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Perhaps those that live on Nirbiru can save us since the vampires are going to be a no-show.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
lol ,I'll hope on the asteroid then it's the otherway around . And can I see our blue dot growing bigger in the sight of my own eyes

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just throw a quantum holographic shield in the way and it will disappear into another dimension, get trapped in a crystal and get sent back to planet krypton as a thank you for such bad cultural mythology, thank you we don't want your superman or godzilla hatching out of that thing. Or a reverse tractor beam. A plonk. It's too complicated to describe a plonk right now. Sort of like, an einstein rosenberg quantum satellite bridge that sucks up the invader and re-transposes it to the other side of the planet. Sort of making the planet transparent, so that the planet and the asteroid are in the same place at the same time! Technically then it doesn't even have to get to the other side.

Some gamma radiation will upset the orbit, we'll have that in a century. Ask NASA to airbrush it out of the photos, and then it never really existed, just like the ufos they fail to mention. 2880, really? But no, we want to figure that out now, maybe put some more hot air balloons in space, some more badly-made soda cans propulsion systems, something leaky and dangerous, with gold on it, and something unmanned and robot controlled, maybe controlled by rat brains this time. I estimate this will cost 3 billion for the next ten years just to pay the scientists for the hypotheticals, they'll die in a plane crash and lose the patents, or patents will become illegal through the Be Nice To Asteroids Association, and then they'll forget about it and put the news on the future internet again.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
*giggles* looks like it may not happen at all anyway, since they revised their previous estimate of 1 in 300 chance to 1 in 4000 chance. Oh well, it was interesting while it lasted

Nooooo........we need the DOOM!

We must immediately begin a mission to redirect that asteroid. I mean double DOWN on that bad boy.
Aim the bunnies at cross-directions to the equatorial spin, and smack it with Miley on the backside (the asteroid, not her that would be gross).

That should get those odds back into the range of doom, and we can go back to worrying about it, maybe even shave a few hundred years off that orbit.

After that, we knock those odds down to, let's say, 1 in 2, and the collision date to, let's say...a week from Thursday. I'll be off then, and can fret for almost two weeks over it.

This will kick in the entire Earth into getting together with a plan to destroy it!

I'm personally working on an idea that will unite all of the Congress in this effort, by ejecting them ahead of the collision path, the hot gases spewed during a campaign season should vaporize it immediately.
edit on 17-8-2014 by lakesidepark because: add more doom

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Respected Finnish astronomer Esko Valtaoja said that the asteroid is far from ending all life on Earth, because its not very solid object. Its like lump of gravel and it would be miracle if it even survived so close to Earth, its likely that it will disintegrate during these hundreds years.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
Negative gravity? I want to know more.

It's spinning so fast at it's equator that, if standing on it, you would be thrown off. I don't understand this effect. But, if this is the case - how would it come close to any object without pushing that object or itself away? Or bursting apart?

800+ years is quite a long time and distance for this to travel. Something seems certain to throw this off our course. 1 in 300 chance with what we know to be between us and it...

Might not make much sense as an asteroid, but they moved from muskets to rifles for accuracy, didn't they?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This is real doom, people.

This isn't made-up doom like drones, war, Ebola, or Mylie Cyrus.

Umm.... yes, it is...

www.slate.com...

What is it about crappy reporting and asteroids?

The culprit this time is the UK’s Telegraph. In its search to become ever more Daily Mail-ian, it ran an article about an asteroid called 1950 DA with this headline:

"Huge asteroid set to wipe out life on Earth - in 2880"

Along with a not-so-subtle (but cool) piece of artwork of a gigantic asteroid impacting the Earth...

The only problem with this: It’s very, very unlikely the asteroid will whack us in 2880, so at best that headline is hugely misleading. And this ain’t “at best.” The real situation will take a moment to explain, but as usual, really cool science is involved.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Umm...humor? As in, do you have a sense of?

Re-read the statement you quoted...carefully.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great. Just great.

Now we're going to die from gravel.

How utterly embarrassing.

I can imagine some aliens talking. . . .

"Did you hear about Earth?"

"No, what happened?"

"Died because of space gravel."

"Losers."

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Actually, Earth is scheduled for demolition. They are going to build a parking lot here.

Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Yes, everyone only thought that the dolphins were going extinct. Turns out they were just way to smart to stick around. They are, of course, grateful we took the trouble to feed them all the fish.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Figures - I'm going on vacation that week ...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They were studying asteroid 1950 DA, which has a one in 300 chance of hitting the planet on 16 March, 2880.

but, but, but.......

However, THE ODDS OF A COLLISION WERE LATER REVISED TO A MORE REASSURING ONE IN 4,000.

Our great, great, great, great, blah, blah, blah grandchildren will have devised a way to blow it up well before it gets anywhere near Earth.... There'll probably be companies specializing in cleansing the space in and around earth of such called potential catastrophes, ie " The Acme Blow-up-a-Near-Earth-Object LLC " or " Blow 'em up R US "

Future inhabitants will simply say....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eNaR

We're just leaving this asteroid like we leave the national debt!

Oh, don't worry! The later generations will clean it up!

It's time now to own the asteroid. Let's blow it up now!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: BestinShow

Islam should have taken over the planet by then, so this may be a good thing.

More than half of the bright stars in the sky have Arabic names. They were very good astronomers and kept good records.

By all accounts so were the Mayans. Why don't the other half of the stars have Mayan names?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yes I've got my ticket to the DOOOOOOM train. I fully embrace the horror as I wait for my Great,Great, Great Grandchildren to rush to the store on mars colony to take a few pics of the old Earth being shattered...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join