It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ISIS a pretext for US-sponsored regime change in Iraq'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
RT.com (yes we know state run yada yada)

One thing we all seem to agree on lately is that The Islamic State is an abhorrent organisation causing havoc throughout the Middle East!!!
Not many, if any, have argued on this topic at ATS & that's a rarity I guess, but a welcome one!!!

So all we need is the "why now" part of the debate!!!

One theory is this from a geo-political analyst based in New York!!!
Eric Draitser, the founder of StopImperialism.com is putting forth the notion that the recent stepping down of Al'Maliki is a pretext for regime change in Iraq!!!

The ousting of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is part of a broader US plan for Iraq and the Middle East as a whole.

Against the backdrop of the war against the Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), Washington has managed to kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes. Not only has the US removed a political leader who had proven to be problematic due to his opposition to US military presence in Iraq, as well as his staunch support for Syria and President Assad, they have also created the conditions for the dismemberment of the Iraqi state.

So not so much a hope that The IS will win the War, but will advance in the battle to destabilise the region!!!

Additionally, Maliki’s ouster deprives Syrian President Assad of a key ally, thereby emboldening the IS and the other militants waging war against Syria. It provides further evidence, as if more were needed, that the political future is bleak for any Iraqi leader who dares to break from the script written for him by Washington. Perhaps most importantly, it allows the US and its allies to be the leading force politically in the war against the IS, an organization created by US policy and covert operations in the region.

Now I've been one of the vocal supporters(? Maybe a less attached word) of Russia as of late...
But I can't help but wonder why they drew the red line in Syria at a time the US wanted to arm rebels fighting against ISIS...
Russia, in my opinion, must take part of the blame for the growth and rise of this entity!!!

So my friends...
What do you make of the Rise, and hopefully, the Fall of the IS?!?!?

Peace ATS!!!
edit on 15-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

edit on 15-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

edit on 15-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct (last one I promise)!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe the West just wants a tiny piece of Iraq like Russia wanted of the Ukraine?

Stranger things have happened.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This just seems silly disnt we change regime s there , once?

Why woukd we need the is?

Seems obama just left iraq up for grabs

Anyways I dont think the us needs a reason to change whatever government it doesnt like

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ISIS is a secret services operation that was probably in making for years; what we see is a final result of efforts by certain interest groups to create a "perfect boogeyman" for the world to fear and to demand an action.

pattern by which this is going has already been seen, tested and it works every time so why wouldn't they use it?

ISIS is created to help achieve a multiple goals in the Middle East and in the World by those responsible for it's creation.

they are:

* entitled to wage war on ISIS for the "sake of humanity"

* make some money for the weapons industry

* hopefully test some new weapons and tactics

* maybe use the situation to bomb Syria

* further divide and polarize the Middle East

* secure or disrupt construction of gas pipelines

* provide a foundation for Kurds state

* further divide Muslim and other religious and ethnic communities

... it's never one thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

What else do you people want?

You control almost the whole world, but i guess more money and more people killed never hurt anyone...

Greed.
edit on 544k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's possible Slayer... Quite possible!!!

Personally, this situation reminds me constantly of Reagan's famous "outside threat" speech!!!

Not Alien as in ET...
But in ideology, strategy, & barbarism!!!

I don't think recent history has seen anything like it!!!

The Nazi's probably still top the polls, but they had a good decade of regime...
I'd hate to see The IS last that long!!!

Peace Slayer!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Given that without significant exception, every major terror outfit in the middle east over the last three decades has had backing from the US intelligence community, in the shape of training, funding, and/or founding, and have been used to fight proxy wars against Russia, and to destabilise governments in the region, while providing an excuse for repeated invasions of the area by western powers, I must state at this point that I have no reason to believe that ISIS is any different. I believe that they are just as much a product of US intelligence meddling in the region, as were Osama's mob.

And, just for your information, the Russians put the brakes on Western efforts to aid the rebels in Syria in their fight against the leader of the country, and the Assad regime in general. ISIS were never a target for the rebel factions in Syria, or at least, not a target of priority, certainly not when compared with the nations sociopathic leader and his military goons.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And, just for your information, the Russians put the brakes on Western efforts to aid the rebels in Syria in their fight against the leader of the country, and the Assad regime in general. ISIS were never a target for the rebel factions in Syria, or at least, not a target of priority, certainly not when compared with the nations sociopathic leader and his military goons.

Yes Assad was priority...
But the Free Syrian Army, Al Nusra and many other rebel groups were also in conflict with ISIS for control...
ISIS were attacking places like Aleppo to gain control of Syria as a whole around mid-2013...
ISIS wasn't who the West wanted to arm...
If I remember rightly it was the Syrian Revolutionaries Front before Russia decided "a red line" was drawn...

But yes I'd agree they may have seen benefit in allowing Assad to be overrun!!!

Peace TrueBrit!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My opinion - IS is the tool with which the entire ME problem will be cleaned up - oh this is for the corporatists and banksters. IS is implementing the Caliphate on behalf of all Muslims. This will create one ME entity for the banksters to rule over. I'm sure this is making the Saudis more than a little nervous.

This is why we haven't bombed all those Toyota Tundras into dust.
edit on 64428Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 64529Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Honestly, I think our foreign policy is in shambles. The neo-cons started a machine that can't be won by the current incompetent administration. What we are left with is no consensus on what our foreign policy is or should be. The chaos now will eventually stabilize. If that means ISIS controls Iraq, or the US controls Iraq...or the Shiites or the Kurds, I believe the show should be played out regardless. Our nation is in a mess and this is reflected in our foreign policy. Unfortunately, many lives will be lost, but that is the cost of human evolution. It's much easier to deal with a known dictator or enemy than a hodgepodge of unemployed, aimless, fanatics desperately trying to make something of this world.

"They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say let them crash"
- Airplane

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've got only one thing to say:

CR + ISIS = CRISIS

What a coincidence! Especially when you look at some headlines. . .

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Now I've been one of the vocal supporters(? Maybe a less attached word) of Russia as of late...
But I can't help but wonder why they drew the red line in Syria at a time the US wanted to arm rebels fighting against ISIS...
Russia, in my opinion, must take part of the blame for the growth and rise of this entity!!!

Russia wanted stability in the region, thats why they didnt support any rebels. They supported the Assad regime, and as those with good memory will recall was just finishing up supplying Assad forces with ground to air missile defence systems before the chemical attacks and US talk of "targetted military strikes" against the Assad regime.
I think you've been spending too much time reading ATS, you need to get your facts straight. THE REBELS FIGHTING ASSAD ARE ISIS...

edit on 15-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I see ISIS as a problem for the entire civilised world

Personally I think this would be a common war for all sides in the Middle East, The US, the EU, and also Russia, China, India, and every other country who has seen the ugly side of extremist Islamists work

It is a cancer which threatens the entire free world and will continue to grow

If there is a way in which we can hold the US responsible for the rise of extremist Islam it would be by funding and arming the Saudis, and the destabilising of Iraq and Afghanistan allowing these groups to fester and grow from the ashes

To say ISIS is a US invention is pure laughable clueless conspiracy, sure the US & EU wanted the Syrian rebels to oust Assad and in turn Russian influence in the region but it seems the movement was also at war and hijacked long ago by another entity and outside forces, Syria is a but a bombed out wasteland the country is totally lost after nearly 4years of fighting

But what the US & EU do not want is this extremist alliance going the other way attacking there friends and interests in Iraq

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Russia wanted stability in the region, thats why they didnt support any rebels. They supported the Assad regime, and as those with good memory will recall was just finishing up supplying Assad forces with ground to air missile defence systems before the chemical attacks and US talk of "targetted military strikes" against the Assad regime.
I think you've been spending too much time reading ATS, you need to get your facts straight. THE REBELS FIGHTING ASSAD ARE ISIS...

Not originally...

They're outsiders not from Syria

They're a mutation and a perversion of the true original cause of the Syrian revolution/uprising against Assad, there are many rebel groups still fighting in Syria not all of them are ISIS,

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
read this report/link...and then come up with a theory....

www.wnd.com...

your ill informed data base - hey it is not your fault- needs to be expanded and this web page report is a hefty step in-that-direction

Øbama... is wayyyyyy tooooo deep even for that 'super thinker' A-hole, wanna-be Messiah Complexed Golf freak

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

You need to get your facts straight mate...
There was about 6 different rebel groups fighting against Assad not just ISIS!!!

Star for contributing anyways but that's very impolite!!!

Peace funk!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

ISIS is fighting Assad now but, ISIS and Assad were not fighting each for over a year because they were both focused on the FSA. The fact is their is not just one rebel group. Their are many and the have been fighting each other for a couple of years. In fact the FSA has been fighting ISIS longer than anybody. So those are facts. And now you have them straight. As for Russia. Well sure they sell Assad weapons openly. And then oddly enough the the weapons and ammunition the FSA and the radicals all used also come from third parties are also Russian. Interesting that.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It appears the US has too many 'vested interests' of the shady sort in all sorts of Middle Eastern politics and the funding and arming of terrorists so, like a few threads have said on ATS, is more than likely.

I am very suspicious of the motives of those denying this and wonder if they really are so bought into the US propaganda system or just a willing part if it all.

The world is in a mess, primarily because of such political shenanigans and underhand practices. These days they appear to be doing it all in plain sight and still expecting belief from people. Wake up and realise that we aren't buying it any more.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Right here on ATS is the plan to destroy the IS. The politics and military plan all rolled up in one.

Someone should contact the Administration and give them this plan

www.abovetopsecret.com...

First Obama has to totally relinquish his proposition to the overthrowing of the Syrian President Basher Assad. Inform the non terrorist rebel forces, the FSA, that it has to hold its fire with the long range goal of reaching a deal with Assad. Similar to the deal they made with Assad over chemical weapons, which has turned out well, the US should form a temporary alliance with Assad for the sole reason of destroying the ISIL forces in Syria and IRAQ A similar deal should be made with the new IRAQI government once Malaki is out of the picture for good. Insist that the new government initiate immediate reforms to bring the Sunni and Kurd population into the governing and military infrastructure.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The thing is, perhaps the US isn't all that interested in stopping ISIS as it was and IS as it is, at least until it has done whichever thing it is the US wants of them.

Be that destabilising, for the installation of US control or other nefarious objectives, it appears that they could have been stopped a long time ago if the US wanted it.
edit on 15-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join