It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Need Not Apply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
My morning coffee video:

A very interesting take on things to come.
Humans becoming as obsolete as horses, due to automation. Yea, I know we've all heard that before, but it's more then that.
Some may be more worried about these 'bots' then the ones portrayed in the Terminator movies and they should be. I've never really thought about this much, for it was one of those things that was going to happen in the future. Seems the future already happened, it simply needs to get integrated.

AB

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have said for a long time that the true pursuit of "technology," is to make mankind as lazy as possible.

I could see a day when robotics, and simulated intelligence run the show - cooking our food, building our cars, cleaning our houses, etc....

I think there will always be a need for humans to some degree - but in a world where the need for humans is sparse, I feel only the elite will have positions of true power; from there they can truly rule the world....

Quay the cryptic exit music.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

A bot would know the difference between 'key' and "quay".

When labour becomes unnecessary so too will humans.

We will go the way of the horse.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Lazy as charged.

I'm looking forward for such a world, it's about human evolution, and in one generation from now the whole world is going to turn upside down. Just look at the demographics, the world population has doubled itself in mere 40 years, and 25% of them are below 15 years of age. There are many youngsters who are going to job hunt and won't find a job, just like it happens now in Spain and Italy where there are 50% and 60% unemployment among youngsters until the age of 30. This is the future.

It's a double strike, the demographics on one hand and the automation of many professions, in one generation the world will be a whole different stage and it requires a change in thinking, hopefully for the better.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

In reality, after much consideration, if I could put my. . . personality/soul, into a upgradeable, changeable, never eating, never tiring robotic framework I would consider it a plus. That is in essence what we all seek to achieve isn't it, perfection (trying not to sound like that creepy Borg from Star Trek).
No diseases or any of the biological drawbacks to speak of, other then the mechanical ones, which can easily be modified or replaced/upgraded as invented. I know much of this has already been written about by our more famous sci-fi literary geniuses, but in an evolutionary standpoint I see no other alternative end goal.
Even a genetically perfect human being still has limitations, mechanism solves many such issues.
Is that ultimately where we are headed as a race? We could resist this, but in the end eventually, it will still happen. Today's implants are already somewhat better then what we are born with, just beta versions.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

When humans become redundant population will decline to what is required to keep the machines running.

Eventually, like horses, we will become a hobby for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is only a trait of an advancing society.

The issue is that they're still enforcing the dollar and charging us for residence and energy when as things become more efficient, the punishment and eviction of tenants and homeowners for not "paying up" to their masters should go down.

The entire point of increased efficiency in tech and service automation is to allow an escape from our domination based society of masters and servants.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

The entire point of increased efficiency in tech and service automation is to allow an escape from our domination based society of masters and servants.

I'd say you got that one about 180 degrees wrong.

Machines have always represented the POWER for one man to wield over another.

And always will be.

WAR is the over-riding motivation behind the development of technology.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Psynic

In reality, after much consideration, if I could put my. . . personality/soul, into a upgradeable, changeable, never eating, never tiring robotic framework I would consider it a plus. That is in essence what we all seek to achieve isn't it, perfection (trying not to sound like that creepy Borg from Star Trek).
No diseases or any of the biological drawbacks to speak of, other then the mechanical ones, which can easily be modified or replaced/upgraded as invented. I know much of this has already been written about by our more famous sci-fi literary geniuses, but in an evolutionary standpoint I see no other alternative end goal.
Even a genetically perfect human being still has limitations, mechanism solves many such issues.
Is that ultimately where we are headed as a race? We could resist this, but in the end eventually, it will still happen. Today's implants are already somewhat better then what we are born with, just beta versions.

Yes it's called forever land, you got bored there and decided to have some fun in a temporary meat sack...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The End of Work: The Decline of the Global Labor Force and the Dawn of the Post-Market Era is a non-fiction book by American economist Jeremy Rifkin, published in 1995 .

I read this when it came out and have used it's warnings to shed light on my understanding of world affairs. The video you shared here only heightens our awareness of our escalating problem.

I am reminded of a song from back in the 60s by Pete Seeger titled "Adam the Inventor". The last verse went like this.

Adam, brilliant Adam, so brilliant your made blind.
Inventing some new kind of world
with no place for mankind.

edit on 14-8-2014 by TerryMcGuire because: added adam

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I really though technology was going to make us smarter. If yiu take a look at some of the newer math books, all they do at a certain point is show you the steps on a calculator.

With studying how we learn methods of teaching should change for the better. And, yet I just don't see that applied in actuality.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

A bot would know the difference between 'key' and "quay"

Even when the correct word is que?

I have always seen the use of technology as a means to become lazier...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

A bot would know the difference between 'key' and "quay"

Even when the correct word is que?

'Que' no es una palabra en Ingles, amigo.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Awesome.
Humans should use the opportunity to get out into the cosmos when the bots takeover.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When an individuals needs are provided for without having to work a daily grind, their aspirations change. There is abundance in the world so that everyone can be provided for. We are conditioned by society to believe that without incentive people will not do anything, that is simply not true. If every persons needs are provided for, peoples motivations will change from a desire and drive for entertainment as there wouldn't be a need for a break, for an escape. It would become a collective contributionist ideology, that would provide a means for human beings to shoot for the stars. There is a problem with the belief that people need to be controlled. In pertinence to the topic of the thread, if everything is automated what is the need to have people oppressed and controlled? This ruler-subject relationship is primitive in regards to the contemporary knowledge of society. I know i'm not the only person in this world that does not need to be lead. There is a reason that people with cooperative dynamics are the most successful.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Can't wait for it to happen, don't want a job, wouldn't really need a job if society played their cards right, but our rulers seem to want us toiling away as it's a great distraction. We should have been striving for this reality since the 50's, increasing our comforts and decreasing our workload, I mean.. why else would we be using technology if it wasn't to make things easier for us.

Some of the hunter gatherers had 4 hour work days I hear, so I'd very much prefer that over this overly fake plastic world we're being dragged into, basically I get to work less and enjoy nature.. the indigenous samis here in Scandinavia herded reindeer and fished, pretty easy stuff really if you been raised to do it.
I'd prefer that over staring at a computer 8 to 10 hours a day doing some incredibly boring bureaucratic bull#, cause that's what it really is.
But these days you couldn't even move out in the woods and live off the land cause some asshole decided it's there land or it's the governments land and it would be considered squatting, well screw that.

But then even if you wanted to do all that you still couldn't, cause you've been raised in a society where they've learned us nothing but how to our worthless menial 9 to 5 jobs, average people barely scraping by these days.. the mindnumbing boredom that our lives has become..

That's my rant for the day.. f bomb everything I'm pissed off today.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

I'd say you got that one about 180 degrees wrong.

Machines have always represented the POWER for one man to wield over another.

And always will be.

WAR is the over-riding motivation behind the development of technology.

I suppose that's fair to say, but society shouldn't sleep on imperialism or else war results time and time again. Although imperialism may be comfortable for its beneficiaries it's a false sense of security. Tech should remove the need for imperialism, not provide the means for imperialism.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

That is a very sobering video. I guess it "could" be a silver lining if we could use this opportunity do something like, oh I dunno maybe manned space exploration. I doubt that though. Makes Skynet sound even closer than before.

Grim

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
my dad who's in his 70's told this is how computers were sold to them. the vision of an automated world where human were freed from work to think and create art. however he's old style labour so he foresaw equal distribution of the benefits not hordes of unemployed underclass.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson
People adjusted. We went from being lots of farmers (and hunters) to lots of factory workers to lots of service oriented workers and so on.

IMHO humans will become the bosses and the smart machines will be like the hard laborers. Humans will change their genetics by getting rid of the bad genetics - clever way to do genetic engineering! "We're not changing our genetics, we're just getting rid of the dna which causes disorders and diseases." Did you know, for example, scientists now say the vast majority of genetic changes over the past 10,000 years are bad? However, I also think humans will combine themselves with computers and machines, if ever machines and/or computers make us unemployable. BUT I think the term cyborg is probably far from what the outcome will be.

You're saying the benefits didn't exclusively go to robots but also "trickled down" to those who had lost jobs, so they could find new sources of work?

I also want to add my Grandpa talked a lot about how machines made people lose jobs. He'd say something like "10 men were needed to move the logs. Then the machines were used and only a couple were needed." So I guess I'd have to say my Grandpa didn't have the wisdom your dad did.
edit on 17-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join