learn more

Humans Need Not Apply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great video!

In a way, some of the implementation of large scale technology in retail/consumer environments is a good thing.

Used to be a barista before the "Starbucks" became a huge trend and all of a sudden every man woman and child on the planet (it seemed) was suddenly engrossed and fascinated with coffee culture and outrageously fabulous custom drink orders...we tried getting back into the force after a ten year hiatus and the consumer base and expectation was so far reaching that I couldn't keep up with the madness and the new culture that had suddenly dominated the market....and quickly found myself over-stressed from becoming subject to very impatient and demanding people in what seemed like infinitely long lines.

Automation of that particular process would make high turnover areas for fast paced persons a much easier transition than some poor underpaid and overworked barista scrambling to navigate the morning run.

Traditional coffeehouses could still peacefully co-exist within that new paradigm, hidden and tucked away.

Granted, I focused on the coffee aspect - but what can I say?
Old baristas never die....their coffee cups just crack a bit.

DEUS EX MACHINA!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join