It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I want for Christmas is an Rossi E-Cat, a BLP Sun Cell, and an EM Drive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Now that seems like something really worth funding, something that could actually work!
edit on 16-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine
It is interesting in the same way that someone claiming to have captured a yeti but is waiting to see who will bid highest before showing anyone.
As has been shown to you before by other posters he has been making similar claims for years but still with no confirmation it works or even it could possibly work. How patient should we be? Why not wait till he can at least proof some of his claims before the public announcements?
All the evidence seems to suggest he us either fooling others or himself.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
+1 to that.

When he can leave a system running for a week or two, powering both itself and a useful external load, with no outside power source at all, then I will take my hat off to him before eating it.

Until then, nope, not convinced.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Mill's claim from 1999 was about CIHT power. It took him ten years to build it. It produced so little no one gave a CIHT.

CIHT CELL

The new claim is the Suncell, colecting energy with solar cells hooked up to a lighted plasma. From what I heard it's going to take 16 weeks to make a prototype, right around Christmas. The THEORY has been tested in universities, SUCCESSFULLY but the have been NO independent testing of a full prototype.... because a full prototype doesn't exist.

On July 21, Mills announced that the system engineering for a complete electric generator design has been completed and that his engineering contractor estimates that it will take another 16-18 weeks to build a small 100 kW generator using his technology. We all know that R&D inevitably takes longer than initial estimates so that if a working electric generator emerges for public demonstration, it could be 18 months or more rather than 18 weeks. Mills however claims that every engineer who has looked at the design for a working prototype, which will largely be built from off-shelf-technology, foresees no particular technical difficulties. This says that if Mills and his hydrinos are for real, then we should be seeing the proof, which would validate the technology beyond question, in weeks or months rather than years or decades.

SUN CELL

As for Rossi, I was in contact with a qualified reporter who believes there will be independent testing reports coming out in October.

And the EM Drive, if it's anything like the Warp Field Test results, which found less then measurable inconsistencies with space time when they activated their Neon Laser... well
The EM Drive might only work with unsurpassed amount of energy, so we need the Suncell.

WARP DRIVE
edit on 1682014 by ChefSlug because: sources

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 Bolivia?

No idea why it autocorrected to that. Was supposed to be Bologna. Rossie claimed his e-Cat was in Florida being tested at the time of the earthquake. Then later claimed it was in Bologna at the time of the earthquake.

I am pretty sure the laws of physics prevent it from being in two places at the same time. It's nice how I showed MULTIPLE proven lies which you can't denounce.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
a reply to: ScepticScot
+1 to that.

When he can leave a system running for a week or two, powering both itself and a useful external load, with no outside power source at all, then I will take my hat off to him before eating it.

Until then, nope, not convinced.

But how will the generator he has it hooked up to last a full week?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No idea why it autocorrected to that. Was supposed to be Bologna. Rossie claimed his e-Cat was in Florida being tested at the time of the earthquake. Then later claimed it was in Bologna at the time of the earthquake.

I am pretty sure the laws of physics prevent it from being in two places at the same time. It's nice how I showed MULTIPLE proven lies which you can't denounce.

It's "nice?" Why would you worry about where he claimed it was at the time? Remember, he is paranoid about people stealing his invention. If you read Mats Lewan's book about Rossi, you will better understand the man.
Try to focus on data. Until you have data, the ECat is like Schroedinger's cat; alive and dead.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It's "nice?" Why would you worry about where he claimed it was at the time? Remember, he is paranoid about people stealing his invention. If you read Mats Lewan's book about Rossi, you will better understand the man.
Try to focus on data. Until you have data, the ECat is like Schroedinger's cat; alive and dead.

Umm it's relevant because he was claiming testing done in Florida proved his device worked. His machine was not in Florida, and it has since been revealed was not tested. So he flat out lied when he said that.

There is no data because he refuses to allow it. He has claimed for YEARS to have a working device, and there is zero data.

He claimed he would not take a single penny in investment money until it was proven, and then he asked for money.

He's a fraud, and a proven liar.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Umm it's relevant because he was claiming testing done in Florida proved his device worked. His machine was not in Florida, and it has since been revealed was not tested. So he flat out lied when he said that.

There is no data because he refuses to allow it. He has claimed for YEARS to have a working device, and there is zero data.

He claimed he would not take a single penny in investment money until it was proven, and then he asked for money.

I liked the cute little "umm" that sounds so condescending. Just like the high school sophomores.

He has made and tried many devices over time. Some worked, some didn't. Demonstrations of working devices were done with restrictions to protect his technology which, unfortunately, also brought the data into question.
What he said was that he would not accept money if the device didn't work as described. He needs investors to develop the technology. Banks don't invest in this sort of thing. Apparently, the device must have done something because he has an investor. You have no basis to call him a fraud because the ECat is still in the box, both alive and dead until the box is opened.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
But that is just it banks do invest in new technology all the time. If the technology is legitimate.
Do you always believe everyone's claims without any evidence? If so I would avoid any emails from Nigerian royalty.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
But that is just it banks do invest in new technology all the time. If the technology is legitimate.
Do you always believe everyone's claims without any evidence? If so I would avoid any emails from Nigerian royalty.

Banks do not invest in game-changing technology without full disclosure of the technology. Even then, their 'experts' often err on the conservative side and refuse the loan. Sceptic Scots will ask for more and more data until all is exposed. If they then refuse the loan, they know the technology and the inventor gets nothing. Venture capitalists often want majority positions and they too want all the details.
The inventor does not want to reveal the trade secret until he is assured of money. The money lenders will not provide money until the trade secrets are revealed. This is why it took so long to fund the technology. One group finally funded the technology in stages. Be patient and do not rush to judgment.

Thank you for the warning about Nigerian royalty. I hope you didn't lose too much.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I liked the cute little "umm" that sounds so condescending. Just like the high school sophomores.

He has made and tried many devices over time. Some worked, some didn't. Demonstrations of working devices were done with restrictions to protect his technology which, unfortunately, also brought the data into question.
What he said was that he would not accept money if the device didn't work as described. He needs investors to develop the technology. Banks don't invest in this sort of thing. Apparently, the device must have done something because he has an investor. You have no basis to call him a fraud because the ECat is still in the box, both alive and dead until the box is opened.

Huge lie. Dick Smith offered $1 million if Rossi was able to let him verify the device works. Rossi said buy one and test it. Dick Smith said he was not interested in being a customer until he verified it worked (something Rossi has said in the past was how he was going to operate). Rossi refused.

Rossi has always claimed he would not take a penny from anyone until he proved the device worked. Then he takes people's money, and when someone offers $1 million if Rossi can show it works Rossi wants the guy to pay up front and refuses to show it works.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Huge lie. Dick Smith offered $1 million if Rossi was able to let him verify the device works. Rossi said buy one and test it. Dick Smith said he was not interested in being a customer until he verified it worked (something Rossi has said in the past was how he was going to operate). Rossi refused.

Rossi has always claimed he would not take a penny from anyone until he proved the device worked. Then he takes people's money, and when someone offers $1 million if Rossi can show it works Rossi wants the guy to pay up front and refuses to show it works.

Perhaps Rossi wants more than $1million. Perhaps he doesn't trust Dick Smith. Maybe he took Industrial Heat's money because he proved the device worked to them and they have a contract. We non-investors will have to wait to see data.

I note that many on this site like to accuse others of lying. If anyone ever does a word frequency study, my bet is on 'lie,' 'liar,' or 'lying.' Don't be dismayed, I'm sure 'umm' will be in the top ten.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Perhaps Rossi wants more than $1million. Perhaps he doesn't trust Dick Smith. Maybe he took Industrial Heat's money because he proved the device worked to them and they have a contract. We non-investors will have to wait to see data.

I note that many on this site like to accuse others of lying. If anyone ever does a word frequency study, my bet is on 'lie,' 'liar,' or 'lying.' Don't be dismayed, I'm sure 'umm' will be in the top ten.

No, he doesn't want more than $1 million.

If he doesn't trust him he should say I am not interested in doing business with you, rather than try to sell him something.

We are talking about Dick Smith, the guy who took Rossi up on his offer and then Rossi refused.

I proved multiple lies. Then I just proved another. Keep your head in the sand my friend, I am sure no one will see you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No, he doesn't want more than $1 million.

If he doesn't trust him he should say I am not interested in doing business with you, rather than try to sell him something.

We are talking about Dick Smith, the guy who took Rossi up on his offer and then Rossi refused.

I proved multiple lies. Then I just proved another. Keep your head in the sand my friend, I am sure no one will see you.

Maybe his way of saying " I am not interested in doing business with you" is to tell him to buy one.

You can be patient and wait for data or you can jump to conclusions based on your emotional state.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

How long do we have to wait for the data? This has been going on since, what, 2010? And after much promise of independent testing, the testing was nothing of the sort. It was a deceit. What sort of businessman tries to deceive people by running sham tests? The dishonest kind, that's what.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Rossi is not the only LENR inventor around. he better get off his ass if he's real or the Japanese will license thiers. or any of the 2 score or so other research efforts.

There is *something* to LENR; even NASA and NASDA have affirmed. If Rossi does not act soon he will be left as a footnote in history and remembered as a quack. i don't think anyone knows for sure what the LENR thing is because of variable data returns. in some there is no neutrons. in some there are a few. there is excess heat. in some cases spectacular amounts or claims. it's not all bunkum because some respectable institutions have acknowledged something unexpected is going on for which the physics are not really understood or at least identified even when completely in their hands.

news.newenergytimes.net...

edit on 18-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: added link

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

How long do we have to wait for the data? This has been going on since, what, 2010? And after much promise of independent testing, the testing was nothing of the sort. It was a deceit. What sort of businessman tries to deceive people by running sham tests? The dishonest kind, that's what.

I will wait until there is data. Until then it is Shroedinger's Ecat in a box. You can believe what you want.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
U.S. Navy Patent on LENR

patft1.uspto.gov.../8419 919&RS=PN/8419919

third paragraph under figure 1:

Particles are generated from the application of method 10. As used herein, the term "generated" is used to refer to the forming of particles through a process involving chemical and, depending upon the substrate, magnetic interaction. Examples of the types of particles generated and detected may include, but are not limited to: alpha particles, beta particles, gamma rays, energetic protons, deuterons, tritons, and neutrons. The particles generated by the implementations of method 10 may have various applications. For example, the generated particles may be captured by other nuclei to create new elements, may be used to remediate nuclear waste, may be used to create strategic materials, or may be used to treat cancerous tumors. As an example there are some sites that have groundwater that is contaminated with radionuclides, such as technetium, Tc-99. The particles emitted by electrochemical cell 100 may be absorbed by the radionuclide, Tc-99 via neutron capture, transmuting it to Tc-100 with a half life of 15.8 seconds to Ru-100, which is stable where the reaction is shown by .sup.99Tc.sub.43(n,.gamma.).sup.100Tc.sub.43 and the .sup.100Tc.sub.43 .beta..sup.- decays to .sup.100Ru.sub.44 with a half-life of 15.8 seconds.

edit on 18-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: added excerpt

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
I think it will be 50 years before the power paradigm changes. You look at these things like it could revolutionize today's world but in reality the big boys laugh at those toys, after they've redirected them. haha lol

Yesterday a news item here about some guy that invented to put sensors on street lights that go on when someone gets near, and dim afterwards. Now I know for sure there was talk about implementing this years and years ago (about 10) and now it's suddenly a new invention...? Sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join