It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I want for Christmas is an Rossi E-Cat, a BLP Sun Cell, and an EM Drive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It all boils down to cost...

Once a technology becomes cheaper/better than what we have today then it will be replaced, plan and simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.thespacereview.com...

here is a article largely on Mars Society's conference where The Cannae device was spoken of by Dr Harold Sonny White. Dr White spoke of a few topics at the conference including a minor update on his warp drive experiment, Q thrusters in general and the NASA testing of the Cannae device. if you can stand the bad sound and terrible lighting of the conference video you can see that for some really interesting stuff.

The article is a post conference interview with Dr White but it only covers the testing of the Cannae device also going on to the debate over the VASIMR plasma drive.

The debate on VASIMR is probably more intense than you would think with credentialed critics going for the throat and calling VASIMR an outright fraud. Despite it not being a fraud and being scheduled for testing on the ISS. So anyway; I think the conference had a debate with Diaz squaring off against one of his most vociferous critics podium to podium as it were. that is also on video recordings of the conference but is covered in the article too if you are interested in that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

There are anomalies. Just like with the emdrive, anomalies =/= positive results. When the effect size is so small, it's almost certainly going to turn out to be experiment error.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
I think a lot of the confusion comes from people not understanding the difference between how the media reports scientific advances and how it actually works. For the media everything is a massive breakthrough when reality is three steps forward one two steps back with lots of blind alleys and wrong turns thrown in.
People like the idea of lone scientists making huge breakthroughs. Not the humdrum reality of baby steps towards new understanding.
There might be something in the results but you are right that it is more likely a non event. Still there is no such thing as a bad result.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
full paper not the abstract: www.libertariannews.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
These companies get their funding and disappear. I hate the wait.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
These companies get their funding and disappear.

That's because they're investment scams.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I think a lot of the confusion comes from people not understanding the difference between how the media reports scientific advances and how it actually works. For the media everything is a massive breakthrough when reality is three steps forward one two steps back with lots of blind alleys and wrong turns thrown in.
People like the idea of lone scientists making huge breakthroughs. Not the humdrum reality of baby steps towards new understanding.
There might be something in the results but you are right that it is more likely a non event. Still there is no such thing as a bad result.

www.phdcomics.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There is too much conclusive independent testing done now for me to believe this is nothing but an investment scam.

Validation Reports - Blacklight Power

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

There is no conclusive independent testing, only tall claims with no substance from BLP.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Since I follow this (2011??) it shows all the tell-tale signs of a scam.

I said multiple times already, and anyone else will hopefully agree, IF this device would actually work he would have built a demo/miniature prototype to show that the actual CONCEPT works. All it would take is some e-cat powering a lamp or whatever, for the world to see.

As with all scams, whether it be the e-cat or the guy who can make gold from...yes..BROWN GLASS.....all those guys have something in common: Despite their wondersome inventions, they beg for money (investors).

Like one article in Forbes stated, you don't need investors if you can create energy. Rossi could just hook up the devices to the grid to make millions from feeding the grid. And obviously, the guy who is "making gold from brown glass" wouldn't need investors either.

Logic and common sense, please!
edit on 9/18/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is too much conclusive independent testing done now for me to believe this is nothing but an investment scam.

^^^^

And this is the reason these scams still proliferate!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

please cite some independent REPORTING of these aledged "independent " tests

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Yeah it's only been 20 years of them ready to put a product on the market .. with no product yet.

Seems legit.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks to a member on another forum, Here is some new news...

Technical pdf here

And more info HERE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join