It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
While I can understand being pissed, what the hell does robbing a store get you? Besides maybe a new TV or whatever? How does acting like this accomplish a damn thing? A pig wrongs me and pisses me off, I am not going to take it out on my neighbors businesses, that is absurd....... Although I don't feel too bad for liquor stores being looted, they are placed strategically on every block in "the hoods" for a reason, and it aint to help them any.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Was this not part of your original statement: "Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population." By jumping on the "oh this is all black people know how to do" bandwagon you opened yourself up to my line of questioning. Again I never called you racist as I don't know you to say such a thing. I also apologize if that is what you took from my comments. However, to say that is at epic proportions in African American communities, when America as a whole is in a state of disarray is disingenuous. And I would love to know how my version of the truth(not that you know my version of any said truth btw thanks for asking(sarc) ) is a root cause of self imposed slavery. If anything, if one would attempt to get to know me that is the farthest thing from the truth. But I welcome and look forward to your analysis.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: beezzer

I fully agree, it is not a rational response in any way. What i believe the problem is though, is that this community is reacting out of anger. When people react with emotion, they do not do rational things. Throw in mob mentality and you get the nastiness that's going on right now.

Not trying to justify it, just trying to look at it for what it is, not what it should be.

But at the core is the encroaching police-state.

Behaviour like this only encourages and supports that!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I am not naive and I do know what I am talking about. I am from the south side of Chicago. I am not African American either so you can't dismiss me for that. I have been to st Louis many times. I have worked in communitys there and in Chicago on anti gang initiatives. I am as anti gang as anyone. I have challenged gangbangers to their face in many communitys. I have been stabbed and shot at. Yet I still call them cowards for what they are.

I guarantee these people would be rioting if a hispanic cop or a black cop killed that teen. This is about people being fed up. Granted they are going about this in the wrong manner by destroying their community. It is about a lack of education and their socioeconomic status more than race.

edit on 11-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

What are you taking about? This is THE majority!!! That's how it is in black communities! A majority of blacks will never snitch hence why so many murders and shootings go unsolved! A majority of a black neighborhood like Ferguson is doing this not a minority. Blacks are very tribal people by nature!!!!! Geez some of you people are clueless!

link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm going to imagine for a moment that the police are guilty and the child (18 year old) was innocent.

So the cops are being brutal. They kill an innocent.

People riot and loot as a result.

Because rioting and looting resulted, more police are called in, creating an environment where more innocents could potentially be killed.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a huge disconnect here.

This is what they want you to see, but the other side claims that 18 year old unarmed kid shot by police and killed. Non-violent protest of the event occurs, crowd grows large but remains calm...then police send in SWAT team to disperse non-violent crowd, which causes it to erupt into a riot. A little more to it than simply...black community riots after unarmed 18 year old shot and killed by police.

link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Um its my city, where I was born and raised that is in a state of war......

Learn how to fight like the bundy ranch? over what some one refusing to pay his bills compared to a kid killed in the street in broad day light walking to his grandmothers house?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLACKOWT
a reply to: SubTruth

Was this not part of your original statement: "Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population." By jumping on the "oh this is all black people know how to do" bandwagon you opened yourself up to my line of questioning. Again I never called you racist as I don't know you to say such a thing. I also apologize if that is what you took from my comments. However, to say that is at epic proportions in African American communities, when America as a whole is in a state of disarray is disingenuous. And I would love to know how my version of the truth(not that you know my version of any said truth btw thanks for asking(sarc) ) is a root cause of self imposed slavery. If anything, if one would attempt to get to know me that is the farthest thing from the truth. But I welcome and look forward to your analysis.

I am not saying Black people you are........I said Black culture, see the difference and understand why I used that term. I will say it one last time because it must be hard to understand.

This has nothing to do with race it has to do with culture.
edit on 11-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The officer was pushed back into his police car then there was a struggle inside the police car with the officer then shot fired in police car, after that in parking lot more shots fired.

Doesn't sound like a peaceful teen, and it doesn't sound like the parking lot shots were justified. Possibly the shot in the squad car if the two were fighting over control of the officers handgun.

Now the local thugs are shooting in the streets as they loot every store in sight.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This was posted to twitter, not sure if it is real but thought I'd post it

edit on 11-8-2014 by cerbium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
North St. Louis has been a dangerous area as long as I can remember. I lived in St. Louis for 40 years. N St. L. not a place I would go on any given night. I am saddened to hear of this situation. Sadly, the CIC has only increased racial tension in this country, and it seems pretty deliberate.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I am not naive and I do know what I am talking about. I am from the south side of Chicago. I am not African American either so you cant dismiss me for that. I have been to st Louis many times. I have worked in communitys there and in Chicago on anti gang initiatives. I am as anti gang as anyone. I have challenged gangbangers to their face in many communitys. I have been stabbed and shot at. Yet still I call them cowards for what they are.

I guarantee these people would be rioting if a hispanic cop or a black cop killed that teen. This is about people being fed up. Granted they are going about this in the wrong manner by destroying their community. It is about a lack of education and their socioeconomic status more than race.

BS! The black kids I went to school with had the same F'ng opportunity I did in K-12! Most washed out, got a girl pregnant, or went to jail. This nonsense about education and poverty is an excuse for blacks nothing more. There are poor Asians, poor Hispanics, poor rural rednecks etc all over the USA yet blacks have the monopoly on violence ????? Hmmmm! I went to school with some pretty blue collar white kids who lived as rough of lives as the blacks. Blacks don't have the monopoly on growing up in a rough neighborhood but they seem to have the monopoly on excuses.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

So a SWAT Team shows up and it's time to bust a window and grab a flat screen for justice?

Not buying it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So in the first page we got members blaming the "left" and members acussing 50% of all blacks of being mad and looking for the slightest excuse to riot and revolt.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Stop holding back folks, tell us how you really feel!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Alternative police scanner ...West St. Louis County Police & Fire Here

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I am not naive and I do know what I am talking about. I am from the south side of Chicago. I am not African American either so you cant dismiss me for that. I have been to st Louis many times. I have worked in communitys there and in Chicago on anti gang initiatives. I am as anti gang as anyone. I have challenged gangbangers to their face in many communitys. I have been stabbed and shot at. Yet still I call them cowards for what they are.

BS! The black kids I went to school with had the same F'ng opportunity I did in K-12! Most washed out, got a girl pregnant, or went to jail. This nonsense about education and poverty is an excuse for blacks nothing more. There are poor Asians, poor Hispanics, poor rural rednecks etc all over the USA yet blacks have the monopoly on violence ????? Hmmmm! I went to school with some pretty blue collar white kids who lived as rough of lives as the blacks. Blacks don't have the monopoly on growing up in a rough neighborhood but they seem to have the monopoly on excuses.

Your racism is showing through everything you post. Just admit it. At least then I would respect you and your position. You even said blacks are tribal. Did you get beat up growing up with what you call the blacks in st louis. Is that what this is about. Come on you can say. This is a safe place. Try doing something about it instead of spewing hatred. Cause like you can point at white friends that lived as rough as lives as African Americans. I can point to thousands upon thousands of poor African American kids who made it out of the Ghetto and live productive lives. That I know personally. Some I even helped.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cerbium
The landing is downtown St. Louis, not North St. Louis, but yah tanks could be headed out to Ferguson. Perhaps they have called out the National Guard to deal with the riots.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Im not black but I can tell you are spoiled and racist...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Many Black people bought into a lie. It gave rise to a culture of apathy and enslavement as the progressive mindset rooted itself into homes and schools.

I believe it started with the death of Mr. King and really started showing itself in the 1980s-1990s. Whole neighborhoods feel apart under it weight. I also believe this is reason he was killed. He was going to lead the Black race down a very different path. I also think this is the same mindset troubling cultures around the globe. This has nothing to do with the color of skin.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join