It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE News Embeds Reporter with ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP Why give them the respect of acknowledging their name change? It seems that if some spirit with the same name was offended then there would be something done about the group beyond just a name change. That is if said spirit had the ability to defend the name.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: DirtyD
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I think the name current name change has to do with the declaration of the caliphate. The are now just the Islamic State.

Or ISIS just sounds scarier than Al-Nusra.

ISIS sounds quite nice, there used to be a nightclub in my area called isis, full of egyptian images on the walls,
not in a classy way.

He has better teeth than me and is wearing Ray Bans sunglasses.
I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am.

I thought the same thing -- here's a guy who's dedicated himself to the destruction of the west and he's wearing Ray Bans.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: smithjustinb

Apples and oranges. We've been indiscriminately bombing Muslims for decades now and all it does is bolster their ranks.

Good and we should kill them all unless they decide to live in the 21st century. What people or apologists like you fail at understanding is these people are a direct threat to democracy, freedom and all the ideals of western civilization. If you don't believe in western civ and all the advanced it has given us than go live under Sharia law with ignorant fanatics like IS and other clueless Muslims. It's funny to see these morons fighting with Aks, American tanks and humvees in western influenced battle attire like baseball caps and tennis shoes.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Even moderate Islam is incompatible with liberty and freedom!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

You cant eliminate them with bombs?

So then we debate them as they murder half of the mideast?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

What people or apologists like you fail at understanding is

Whatever gave you the impression that I'm an apologist?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

a reply to: smithjustinb

Apples and oranges. We've been indiscriminately bombing Muslims for decades now and all it does is bolster their ranks.

Good and we should kill them all unless they decide to live in the 21st century. What people or apologists like you fail at understanding is these people are a direct threat to democracy, freedom and all the ideals of western civilization. If you don't believe in western civ and all the advanced it has given us than go live under Sharia law with ignorant fanatics like IS and other clueless Muslims. It's funny to see these morons fighting with Aks, American tanks and humvees in western influenced battle attire like baseball caps and tennis shoes.

It is thoughts along the lines of yours that when sent out into the world they have the exact opposite result as intended by you. It only fuels the other side. Surely by now more people should be able to know the power of words. The majority of people that we hold as heros were told that they would never amount to shat and should not be alive. It creates a great struggle within the soul that can over take all logical expectations.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I don't know what the solution is, but I'd argue our bombs made this mess in the first place, so I don't think more bombs are going to fix it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Why would this group murder their own people? Why would the mutilate their own womens genitalia? Why would they behead their own children?? It makes no sense. I don't think this is some rogue islamists. They are doing the deeds of their enemy. And if they have such hate why would they ever allow a reporter to "ride along"????? Sorry but I think this has CIA/Mossad written all over it.

to intimidate the population into submission through fear, that's why; and who says they hate their enemy? you don't have to hate to wage wars for a cause you think is worthy.
hate is rarely a reason for war in the history of mankind and usually a great cause, resources or empire building are the main culprits behind war.

but really is it so hard to believe that we actually have real enemies? is this whole idea of us creating fake enemies some kind of coping mechanism to deal with fear? to minimize the threat in peoples minds by inferring that we have some level of control over these people?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When people have nothing to entertain themselves, they will create something. Similar to biker gangs in NA, they appeal to those that do not "fit in", and find a family together with others that feel the same.

There is nothing more powerful to an outcast than having other outcasts to hang out with, and more importantly, the ability to intimidate the people that made them feel like outcasts in the first place.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This is more than a gathering army, it is a religious movement, and you can't eradicate an ideology with bombs.

Maybe you are unaware of just how many bombs we have.

These people are brainwashed. The only cure is eradication, like a rabid animal that needs to be put down for the safety of all the other animals around it. People need to stop being compassionate to the enemy.

Far too often people attach labels onto human beings like : Civilian, extremist, rebel, terrorist. In reality they're just humans. No matter what they are doing or why or with whom is irrelevant.

The point and fact of the matter is simply, these are people killing other people en masse. They, themselves, need to be forever removed from this planet, en masse. You know why the entire world came together against the Nazi's in the 40's? It's because we all knew that no one would ever be able to live happily with them here. So what was the answer? To kill every single one of them until the thought of being a Nazi was equivalent to the thought of shooting yourself in the face.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
Even moderate Islam is incompatible with liberty and freedom!!!!!

Here we go.

Have you ever had a conversation with a muslim?

I'm very against these guys but Writing off a billion good people because of these animals
is just as extreme.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
is this whole idea of us creating fake enemies some kind of coping mechanism to deal with fear? to minimize the threat in peoples minds by inferring that we have some level of control over these people?

You hit the nail, friend.

Ever heard the phrase 'just smart enough to be dangerous?'
Take an ignorant westerner, feed him a few conspiracy theories and a lot of BS, and suddenly he possesses uncanny insight into the secret workings behind global events.

I will admit, ATS wouldn't be nearly as colorful without these types.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

So we shouldn’t have fought against the Nazis?

I respect your pacifism and am also against violence and war and predicted the horrible ramifications, such as this ISIL fiasco, of the folly of the original invasion of Iraq.

But when you have people like these zombies there is no choice but to counter their violence.

Of course in principle violence doesn’t solve things usually but I’m afraid we are too far gone

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

originally posted by: namehere
is this whole idea of us creating fake enemies some kind of coping mechanism to deal with fear? to minimize the threat in peoples minds by inferring that we have some level of control over these people?

You hit the nail, friend.

Ever heard the phrase 'just smart enough to be dangerous?'
Take an ignorant westerner, feed him a few conspiracy theories and a lot of BS, and suddenly he possesses uncanny insight into the secret workings behind global events.

I will admit, ATS wouldn't be nearly as colorful without these types.

Taking conspiracies out of it, you do realise leaders have been put in place/Backed by western interests in the past.
Not saying that is the case here but it has happened.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So we shouldn’t have fought against the Nazis?

Where did I ever say that?

Nowhere did I even say we shouldn't be fighting these people, just that bombing them won't work. It hasn't worked in Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Yemen, or any other place we've had the notion to eradicate terrorists. In fact, it's had the opposite effect of creating more jihadis.

Again, I don't know what the solution is, and I'm not here to present one, that's way above my pay grade.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Why give them the respect of acknowledging their name change?

Respect? It has nothing to do with respect, it's a fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
These people are brainwashed. The only cure is eradication, like a rabid animal that needs to be put down for the safety of all the other animals around it. People need to stop being compassionate to the enemy.

The only cure is information, as brainwashing is a result of limited information.

Why do you think dictatorships (and some systems not recognised as such) like censorship so much? Why did one cardinal close to the Portuguese fascist regime at the end of the 1960s, begin of the 1970s used to say that people should only know enough to sign their names? Why was my father arrested, accused of reading "forbidden books"? Because the regime knew that information is the key to knowledge and knowledge is one of the best weapons any people can have.

It's much easier to brainwash people that do not have access to information, and poor people have even less possibilities of getting information.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Why give them the respect of acknowledging their name change?

Respect? It has nothing to do with respect, it's a fact.

So if the kkk changes their name but not their heart should we respect that fact too? My point is that it gives them power they do not need. It is my firm belief that there is a spiritual order in how people and things get named. When a name is changed it is only to hide it's roots.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So if the kkk changes their name but not their heart should we respect that fact too?

It has nothing to do with respect, either for the entity that changed the name, for the name of for the fact that they changed it, facts are facts, regardless of what we think of them.

My point is that it gives them power they do not need.

I don't see how.

It is my firm belief that there is a spiritual order in how people and things get named. When a name is changed it is only to hide it's roots.

So, it's your real name "deadeyedick"? If it's not, does that mean that I should not respect you in the same way as I should if it was?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join