It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE News Embeds Reporter with ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Take a first hand look at the Caliphate sweeping across Syria and Iraq.

These videos are eye opening, and jaw dropping. What's frightening is their conviction, they truly believe they are fighting a holy war against the infidels. This is more than a gathering army, it is a religious movement, and you can't eradicate an ideology with bombs.

Parts 1 and 2 of a 5 part docu-series. Whoever from VIce hung around ISIS gathering this footage has got serious balls of steel.

WARNING:

Part 1 has some disturbing images.

news.vice.com...
news.vice.com...

edit on 10-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed videos, added link to article/video.

edit on Sun Aug 10 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: bolded warning

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
surely this time CIA - Mossad - MI6 and their shadow masters outdid themselves.

ISIS is a masterpiece operation.

it is so well executed and performed that it is really scary.

I mean; if with right funding and some time (years in this case) you are able to create something like this than nothing is impossible for you...

edit on 10America/Chicago0800000031 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

While there's no doubt that some elements of ISIS were armed and trained by the west, I'm not so sure the same is true for the entire outfit. These videos really change my perspective. Watching a grown man ask a small child if he would rather be a jihadist or a martyr, then break down in tears for the camera as he speaks of his God given mission. That is true religious fervor. These people believe al-Baghdadi is the real deal.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD

The whole thing has the look and feel of a B-movie.

I mean... swashbuckling Sunni buccaneers? Hairy guys in caves wasn't scaring us enough anymore so they busted out with the pirate costumes.

Arrr.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Except it's not a movie. These people are currently slaughtering people across the Mid East while growing their ranks.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Except it's not a movie. These people are currently slaughtering people across the Mid East while growing their ranks.

That's what they tell us, anyway.

But my point is that the whole thing seems like a production. An orchestration, if you will. Contrived. Scripted.

That's probably because it is. I'm not saying people aren't being murdered, but the reasons for it and those responsible for it are not what/who we are being told.

The truth is never what we're being told.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

That's what they tell us, anyway.

No that is what the dead bodies show us. Your desire to make everything a conspiracy is tactless.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

If ISIS is an act, then the players on the ground are unaware of it. They are guided by al-Baghdadi, whoever's guiding his hand is another discussion altogether.

edit on Sun08Sun, 10 Aug 2014 03:08:30 -05003114Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I agree that what's happening is not a movie, but the videos you posted are obviously made for other people to watch, and I'm sure the images were selected according to what they want the viewers to think.

The fact that they have "press officers" is also a sign that they are using all methods they can of spreading their point of view, and their actions appear to follow an organised psychological warfare (for lack of a better name) plan.

One thing I found strange was the blurring of the people behind the "caliph" at 07:00.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How long has the ISIS been established for thus far?

(Rev. 13:11) will be given power by Satan and they will rule the world for 42 months during the time of what is called the Great Tribulation

Makes sense as to why nobody has already went ahead to exterminate ISIS for the genocide they have committed.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

That depends, they have changed names many times. In fact, they aren't ISIS any more, now they are just IS.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why would this group murder their own people? Why would the mutilate their own womens genitalia? Why would they behead their own children?? It makes no sense. I don't think this is some rogue islamists. They are doing the deeds of their enemy. And if they have such hate why would they ever allow a reporter to "ride along"????? Sorry but I think this has CIA/Mossad written all over it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

That depends, they have changed names many times. In fact, they aren't ISIS any more, now they are just IS.

Names changed or not, I'm just more curious about how long they've been on the scene for..

Not sure why they keep changing their names, I guess one of the leaders have a bad case of OCD.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is more than a gathering army, it is a religious movement, and you can't eradicate an ideology with bombs.

I somewhat disagree. Japan believed they were divinely guided until we dropped a bomb on them after pearl harbor.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Names changed or not, I'm just more curious about how long they've been on the scene for.

They were formed, apparently, in 2000, by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, better know as JTJ and the ones responsible for the beheading of Nick Berg.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I think the name current name change has to do with the declaration of the caliphate. The are now just the Islamic State.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Apples and oranges. We've been indiscriminately bombing Muslims for decades now and all it does is bolster their ranks.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think the name current name change has to do with the declaration of the caliphate. The are now just the Islamic State.

Or ISIS just sounds scarier than Al-Nusra.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One of the guys says in part 1.

Paraphrasing

"Don't be cowards and send your drones, send your soldiers.." etc

I think that in itself shows they already know what their weakness is among other things.

For all the talk about Hamas in Gaza, these guys are bad news.

I can see how some of the Doc can feel staged to some but to be honest a lot of Vice documentaries have the same feeling.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Or ISIS just sounds scarier than Al-Nusra.

ISIS sounds quite nice, there used to be a nightclub in my area called isis, full of egyptian images on the walls,
not in a classy way.

He has better teeth than me and is wearing Ray Bans sunglasses.
I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join