It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS/USA................Gaza/Israel...............Help me out here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi guys

One has to ask after the rhetoric on ATS of late regarding Gaza/Israel

Is it OK for the USA to attack ISIS with air strikes ?

Let's start this with a bit of a reality check...............................USA is under no direct threat of immediate missile attack from ISIS, no American city is likely to be hit by a missile in the foreseeable future, yet air strikes have been ordered and indeed the MSM is proudly showing said strikes taking out terrorists thousands of miles away from any real perceivable threat to either America or indeed Europe.

This is being applauded

Israel is under a sustained attack, a very real threat of death for it's citizens, has offered ceasefire upon ceasefire, extensions to ceasefires, and has been refused.

Israel in this current conflict has only ever reacted to attack. Yes the civilian loss of life is lamentable, but if Hamas choose to use human shields for propaganda what can you expect ?

My question is, why is OK for the USA to attack a perceived threat on the other side of the world, when it isn't OK for Israel to defend it's citizens from a very real terrorist organisation launching missiles at it ?

Just a thought

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Israel vs Hamas+human Shield= not good
USA fires missiles at ISIS: Is more acceptable because they are planning on a genocide and are simple terrorist Groupes that are high.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

And you think Hamas would not commit genocide given the opportunity ?
Abridged Hamas charter

On the Destruction of Israel:

-----------------------------

'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will

obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

Full version

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't think the airstrikes should be applauded. I may get some negative backlash here, but I really think our work is done in the Middle East. These people have been trying to kill each other since the beginning of time, and as time goes on, it just goes to show that no amount of U.S. involvement is going to help anyone there. That being said, the U.S. doing airstrikes, is just going to put us in a situation we aren't ready to be in. We've got too much going on here to be worried about what's going on there.

It aggravates me that the government is okay with helping a group of people who are never happy with the help they are given, and have betrayed us more than once... Yet the government can't dignify helping the people HERE. In our home country. Or can't dignify helping some of our closest neighbors.

That would make too much sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Indeed

I'm a Brit with Israeli citizenship, I'd welcome less interference in affairs that don't concern other countries, and more interest in sorting out my homeland.

Britain is a mess at the moment, same as the USA, too much looking away and not enough introspection.

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Being that ISIS is a creation directly out of the false war in Iraq of 2003, and meddling in Syria, the US & friends are responsible for their existence. Being that ISIS is committing genocide it's the US & friends responsibility to stop it. Are US airstrikes against ISIS killing civilians & destroying their homes? When that happens the US will be criticized just as badly as Israel.
edit on 9-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

no American city is likely to be hit by a missile in the foreseeable future, yet air strikes have been ordered and indeed the MSM is proudly showing said strikes taking out terrorists thousands of miles away from any real perceivable threat to either America

Don't overlook the "American Interests" clause in the constitution.
"
You know, the part about enemies, foreign and domestic? Its been rewritten to include "domestic foreigners".

Thus highlighting the problems associated with "entangling alliances".

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are US airstrikes against ISIS killing civilians & destroying their homes? When that happens the US will be criticized just as badly as Israel.

I'd hope so......................................But I doubt it

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

After seeing the Countsless hallas have I gotten a headach. Those muslims are Cowards and will use the People living in gaza to their own use. The People in the west and middleeast will sadly see it differently... It's just how we are. But if a Gaza like threat was near Our borders then we would probably destroy them. I understand how it's for Israel, but the average European or American, Joe doesn't get that...

edit on 9 8 2014 by elixz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But if a Gaza like threat was near Our borders then we would probably destroy them.

You mean destroy Mexico because of Drug Cartels?

After all, their shipments of drugs are destroying American lives. So yah, according to that logic we begin bombing Mexico population centers. Every time theres a whoops (destroyed hospital, church or school) we just claim that under it was a drug lab.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But if a Gaza like threat was near Our borders then we would probably destroy them.

You mean destroy Mexico because of Drug Cartels?

After all, their shipments of drugs are destroying American lives. So yah, according to that logic we begin bombing Mexico population centers. Every time theres a whoops (destroyed hospital, church or school) we just claim that under it was a drug lab.

Seems like something the American government would say.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So, Merika the country of the free where People plant and even make their own drugs will declare war on Mexico because they also provide drugs?

How is drugs the same as rockets/missiles falling to Your country?

There is a difference between someone picking to destroy their own life and someone who had no saying in anything.

edit on 9 8 2014 by elixz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Fair enough

My point being why is it OK, even acceptable, to strike targets on the other side of the world that don't as yet, hold a direct threat ?

But not to defend your citizens from your terrorist neighbours lobbing missiles at you ?

Yes innocents have been killed, and yes the toll is too high. I'm not condoning that in any way shape or form.

From Ha Aretz breaking news

5:46 PM

Rocket sirens sound in Sha'ar Hanegev and Sdot Negev Regional Councils (Haaretz)

4:02 PM

Rocket explodes inside community in Eshkol Regional Council. No injuries or damages (Haaretz)

3:34 PM

Rocket sirens sound in Eshkol Regional Council (Haaretz)

Source

How would you react ? Is a pre-emptive strike on ISIS reasonable, but striking a very real, real time threat not ?

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, first its not ok that the US is bombing Iraq, again.

ISUS is an off-shoot of Al-CIAeda, being openly visited by McCain and funded/armed/trained by Obama (the Obama administration, now wanting to give them another $500 million).

Not to mention the fact that its now being reported that ISUS is being run by a Mossad agent...

So the first thing the US and its allies needs to do is to stop creating, funding, arming, training and installing these radicals only to then use their actions as an excuse to go kill them.

With regards to israel, I'm not sure why people evaluate this conflict as though it exists in a bubble.

The Palestinians never went anywhere looking for trouble. They were in their own country, on their own land, in their own homes when a very violent faction of Zionist Jews descended upon them with the intention of taking their property thru violence and force.

One of their most notable acts was when they dressed up as Arabs and bombed the King David Hotel.

These same terrorists (as labeled by the British government) went on to become Israel's military and elected officials.

And they havent stopped since then. They want that land, they feel entitled to that land and they wont stop their violence until they get it.

The Palestinians have been trying (pathetically unsuccessfully) from that day to defend themselves against these aggressors.

For people to act as though this conflict began 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago or even 20 years ago, they are either terribly misinformed or willfully ignorant.

edit on 9-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Are US airstrikes against ISIS killing civilians & destroying their homes? When that happens the US will be criticized just as badly as Israel.

Cody

You hope airstrikes kills civilians or that the US gets criticized?

If it's the latter no one is gonna to criticize the US stopping ISIS from slaughtering men, women, and children by the tens of thousands.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

My point being why is it OK, even acceptable, to strike targets on the other side of the world that don't as yet, hold a direct threat ?

Its not. I totally agree with you in that regard.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: cody599

Cody

You hope airstrikes kills civilians or that the US gets criticized?

If it's the latter no one is gonna to criticize the US stopping ISIS from slaughtering men, women, and children by the tens of thousands.

But they are criticizing it. I've ran into more people saying that we shouldn't get ourselves involved, rather than people saying we should save these guys.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You hope airstrikes kills civilians

Obviously not, the latter was what I was thinking.

no one is gonna to criticize the US stopping ISIS from slaughtering men, women, and children by the tens of thousands.

Yet they criticize Israel for preventing the very same.

To repeat myself

On the Destruction of Israel:

-----------------------------

'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will

obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

Source

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Seems like something the American government would say.

You mean what the American media says on behalf of the government?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You shouldn't agree with that. The US made the mistake of invading Iraq which as a direct result caused chaos and disorder, in part thanks to the Shiite Iraqi led gov't discriminating against Sunnis. ISIS was born out of this and is what it is today thanks the US & friends meddling in the Middle East, like Syria.

What's left of the Iraqi gov't has asked for help against ISIS and rightfully so since the Iraqi military is a joke and surrenders or joins ISIS ranks. But if you want to ignore all of that and focus on ISIS being a direct threat then look no further than to the largest US embassy ever created, located in Baghdad.

Either way, ISIS needs to be shut down and the US Air force has the means to do it. No need for boots on the ground, just air strikes. It's a wonder we haven't been air striking them already. It's so easy to send drones after militants everywhere else in the Middle East but not ISIS in Iraq. Why is that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join