It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel resumes military campaign against Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seems to me that Israel could just hang around and pick off those pesky home make rockets with their Iron Dome. Have a coffee. Or a lemonade. They said "mission accomplished" when they destroyed the tunnels. Well?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I don't think you understand war. I don't think you understand what happens during war.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Genocide? I call it, in Israel's case, survival.

A Rocket hit on a nuclear plant is far closer to "genocide" than Israeli action. IMO

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah well, a noble goal would be if NONE of us understood it. Some things you just don't want to understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Israel would be bled dry financially. The cost of anti-missiles is far greater than unguided rockets.

Over time Hamas rebuilds their supply, perhaps with guided missiles supplied by Iran or whomever. At best this conflict just continues,,,,on and on.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yeah well, a noble goal would be if NONE of us understood it. Some things you just don't want to understand.

True.

But ignoring the ramifications is not the same as never having heard of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

nice sensationalized and biased headline you used. wouldn't a more truthful and accurate headline be "Hamas resumes rocket attacks against Israel"? or if you decide to buy Hamas's story, "Israel resumes military campaign against Gaza, after more rockets launched from Gaza against Israel"? both of which show that Israel is per normal fighting a defensive war, unlike what you used which erroneously portrays Israel as the aggressor.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The statement sheds light on why, at least I, do not support him.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Again here you are making more assumptions - I could say again, false. But this time, thankfully no accusations.

It has been proven very clearly what you support and stand for.

I leave it there.

Edit: About the stars your replies are getting - And I'm not against star's or anything, they could give you a quadrillion stars I really don't care. What disturbs me, is that actually people support your false accusations, and worst, they support what you stand for.
edit on 8/8/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How noble of you! Have you sent similar requests to Jordan who also holds "Palestinian land"? Where's the hue and cry over that? Where's the hue and cry over 170,000 casualties in the Syrian fiasco?

You bought into a PR campaign. Your peace "button" is being pushed selectively by ignoring other larger conflicts.

Why Israel and not Syria/Iraq? Why would the media do that? You figure it out.

It's not rocket science...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

A Rocket hit on a nuclear plant is far closer to "genocide" than Israeli action. IMO

That didn't happen either. Perceived threats from Hamas pale in comparison to what is actually occurring there, In the land of Gaza.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Tge missiles are paud for by the US actually. Israel will never run out of money, too many rich politicians holding dual citizenship.

Its not sutvival its genocide and as I stated earlier, and you are being selectively ignorany aboyt, Hamas (if they couls ecen reach the nuke plant) could hit a nuke plant with all theur rockets at once and not cause it any damage.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Look I don't know everything.

One thing I know, I'm against injustice, theft, siege, on going massacres, war's and genocides. So if you care, I will join you on the support against that.

Please elucidate me on those matters with any kind of evidence you can get.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I don't think you understand war. I don't think you understand what happens during war.

Can you please enlighten us, what happens in war?

I really like to hear, as well it would help if you also support your statement with numbers of wars you were part of and/or survived.

Seems like Serbian generals in Balkan wars did not understand it either, went for 'all demolition' wars, ethnic cleansing as well genocide, and almost all of them including head of state ended up in Hague.

My only wish is that this happens with everyone who ever kills any civilians, including Israel forces, Hamas, ISIS, US Army, Al-Qaeda... I don't really care, as long as careless killers get behind the bars - all of them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

if Hamas denies responsibility
then they should find who did and stop them

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Its not really war in the simple terms you put it. You make it sound like its a fair fight. Its not a war at all its military strikes in place of police actions. Its a country oppressing and killing civilians inside its borders that were left over and put in a box when Israrl took their land.

They pushed palestinians behind those fences and trucked in jews to fill the houses bordering it to create a buffer zone.

Its not a war its the newest operation in an ongoing genocide. Im not pro hamas or israel. I think israel is screwing over civilians on both sides (israel created hamas and went for tge worst option and now all civilians israli and Palestinian suffer.

Bullspit.

You're playing word games.

Keep it simple.

You are a supporter of Hamas.

You want them to defeat Israel.

You think Israel is the bad guy.

All this is fine and well. I don't care what you think or believe. You are entitled to your opinion.

Mine is different from yours. Get over it.

I don't need to do a recap of the atrocities committed. I don't need a refresher of the lives lost.

This is a war. People die.

That's the whole objective of war. Kill more of them than they kill of you.

You've obviously chosen which side you want to win. Good for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Your position is clear. you minimize Hamas action and wax hyperbolic on Israel's.

If the what you say has truth, why isn't Hamas fighting to get the territory "rightfully" Palestinian returned from Jordan?

The military actions against Hamas are well underway with significant progress. The tunnels closed. Hamas' ability to strike Israel is diminishing daily.

Once that threat is disposed of-that's Israel's call-I suspect the fighting ceases. Negotiations probably resume and perhaps progress will be made...assuming Israel's right to exist is acknowledged.

Without that, nothing you or I can say will stop this. It will play out. Outside, moral indignation or not.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

So allied forces should never have bombed Germany? Or should have we made things "equal" then?

It's apparent that you support Hamas's actions.

I don't.

I think things could be better served with peace, rather than war. But this "shock" over deaths in a time of war speaks to a naïve sence of what happens in the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Just curious...

What would you do if someone came into your house and took 2/3 of it over... told you that you could only use here and here in your house.

Then, what if they cut off the ability to go in and out of your house, except only with their permission, making it near impossible to get the food and water you needed.

And then, what if they said you could eat, but you had to go fishing for your food in the # pond, and that was the only place you could fish in.

really, and truely seriously... Hamas is wrong... but so is Israel. Now what everyone tries to decide, is who is more in the wrong, the one trying to defend their home? Or the attacker?

I'd fight, I'd fight to the death. I wouldn't roll over... not in a million years. I hate Hamas with a passion, but I do know why they do what they do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

Your whole post shows a complete non-understanding/partisan view.

Do you think a nuclear plant is designed to withstand ANY size warhead? ANY hit would require shutdown for safety checks, at the least.

Multiple small warhead hits?

Israel should wait until someone supplies Hamas with guided munitions or, perhaps, Scuds? We already know how many Marines were killed with just one scud....

The military maxim is "HONOR THE THREAT" . It is their job and responsibility.

I cede my point is a worst case scenario.

Israel doesn't have the wiggle room, size-wise, population wise, in any wise to take that chance.

Their actions are correct. They have my support. Remove this threat. THEN negotiate. Simple really.

edit on 8-8-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join