It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel resumes military campaign against Gaza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It didn't happen your right. It will not happen, Due to Israeli response.

It will continue until Israel feels that threat is neutralized.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: SuperFrog

So allied forces should never have bombed Germany? Or should have we made things "equal" then?

It's apparent that you support Hamas's actions.

I don't.

I think things could be better served with peace, rather than war. But this "shock" over deaths in a time of war speaks to a naïve sence of what happens in the world.

So, if I don't support killing of civilians, now I support Hamas, even I clearly wrote that I would like everyone who kills civilians to end up in International War Crime Court and behind bars.

You my friend are not just pro-Israel, but you don't believe all life are equal, have some Nazi-style reasoning (uber race) and believe like ex-USA president - all who are not with us - are against us... something world has outgrown long time ago.

For you info, Geneva's convention was exactly established so that destruction like it happen in Germany or in other parts of Europe (witch was caused by German's) does not happen again, and that folks who give green light in killing civilians have to answer for their crimes.

Unnecessary destruction and killing of civilians is not act of war and if you get paid by Israel for promotion of those ideas, you should get cuts in pay, as you are not doing very good job.

From what I see, only thing that you know about war comes from video games... am I right? You avoided to answer my simple question.

And please answer this very clear - should all who did WAR CRIMES be held responsible for their actions or not?? Please explain...

edit on 8-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

To be frank, I think it's more about Jews having a sovereign state than it is about anything else.

If I was a Palestinian, I'd ask Jordan, Egypt, any other Middle East country why they aren't opening their borders.

Why won't they allow Palestinians to exist as Palestinians within their country.

I understand that many want to see the State of Israel gone. I get that.

But it is not going to happen.

So now we have to look for alternatives to getting rid of all the Jewish folks.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Right. Hamas doesn't have far more financial potential from various oil producing nations.

It is not genocide in the slightest. it is about as selective a targeting regimen as by anyone ever, including the U.S..

If Israel wanted to, ethnic cleansing/genocide could have achieved decades ago. They have and have had the means.

They have not.

Even you can't argue that. No, Israel isn't run by "world opinion" either so don't even try that one...

edit on 8-8-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm done talking with someone so insulting and hostile.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nwtrucker

Bottom line is Israel has no other option except the full eradication of Hamas AND ensuring it cannot occur again some time in the future.

That line of reasoning is called Genocide

No, it's called justified retaliation.

If you want to know the true meaning of genocide, look at what's happening in Iraq and Syria.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'm done talking with someone so insulting and hostile.

Have a nice day.

You insulted me, telling that I support Hamas, even I already said I don't, as well I pointed that whole new attack from Gaza was not even done by Hamas, but you apparently read what you like.

You never answered any of my questions, insulted not just me, but humanity and I could not care less if you stop responding. At least your lies and propaganda will stop... good choice!
I would applause that.

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

If you want to know the true meaning of genocide, look at what's happening in Iraq and Syria.

Whole world agrees that what is happening in Gaza is not justified and wants it to stop. Whole world except Israel and USA...

BTW, your nick/account name is very ironical and out of touch with reality...
edit on 8-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Actually, the whole world recognizes Hamas as a terrorist organization that is deliberately sabotaging the prospects for a diplomatic solution in the region.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I don't know everything either. Many would say I don't know anything. LOL.

Look I can't really give you "evidence". No one can. No matter how they present it.

I don't trust traditional media and, by extension, the web.

I'm 63 and am not well educated. I am fairly well read compared with the average. I treat the media/web somewhat like a buffet, I.E. selective of certain dishes and ignore the rest.

I try to base my views on personal life experiences, what I would do in that person's shoes, so to speak, and attempting to view things from both sides. The flaw in this system, is personal comfort zones and the accuracy of the data one is using.

I can't even assure you that I'm right. I may not be!

I will point out obvious points that are being ignored/minimized.

I trust not one bit those that swear they are right as they are as limited, data wise, as I am. The more they minimize/ignore points the more the other side gains credence with me.

You could use the same logic as I and come out with the exact opposite conclusion. LOL.

I will say the black PR campaign run on a world-wide basis against Israel and the U.S., for that matter, leans me to support both. Not that there's no truth in them just that those truths are selective and usually avoid the potential consequences if those action weren't taken.

Bottom line. Sorry, sir, I can't help you with links, pictures and the like. I don't keep them. I raise points on a dialogue basis.

If you have a specific question as why I believe what I do, and judging by your post, your a reasonably honest person, I'd be glad to respond.

That's the best I can do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever
Who created and trained Hamas? Why would one of the leaders son be working for the Mossad?
At the very least, why won't Israel go back to the 1967 borders? Where are the Palestinians supposed to go? Why would they go to Egypt or Jordan? Their home is Palestine. Israels government mostly came from Europe. Israel has committed suicide. The only answer is diversity. Israel needs lots of diversity and open borders. That's what the world needs top vie over.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Territorial boundaries and self governance are all issues that can be negotiated once Hamas and other terrorist groups are out of the picture.

I can assure you that the Fatah government in the West Bank is just as frustrated as the Israeli government with the actions of Hamas as it pertains to the disruption of peace talks.

As for the origins of Hamas, that is unsubstantiated propaganda. Even if there is a sliver of validity to it, which is debatable, it would be akin to the situation that developed with the CIA and Al-Quaeda, whereby a strategy to create an ally in the region backfired over time as a result of the infiltration of radical Islamist doctrines.

The viability of a peaceful solution depends on the realities of the situation at the present time. The Palestinians are represented by fractured leadership groups that are at odds with one another. As long as there is a political entity at the negotiating table that refuses to recognize Israel's right to exist, the status quo will remain intact for the foreseeable future.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
War is hell. It doesn't matter how you got there once the killing starts. It sure seems that if Hamas completely stopped bombing & attacking Israel then Israel would back off.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"War Crimes?" "International Courts" "civilians".

Hamas are "civilians" as is every insurgency, counter-insurgency and terrorist group out there.

The civilian argument loses credence in the current state of affairs. It now becomes a war crime to kill any civilian? We might as well pack in every nation/civilization on earth. All one has to do is not wear a uniform and any action against you becomes a war crime.

The same international courts that Indicted a U.S. Federal judge for sentencing a murder to be executed? Whist ignoring beheadings, stonings and other executions for apostasy? My contempt.

Sitting on the sidelines and pontificating 'civilian' and peacetime mores on another nation/s at war and labeling them war crimes is arrogant beyond belief. Every nation on earth that's been at war is guilty by the same measuring stick you use.

Survival and perceived threats to it will always trump peace time mores.

War crimes are almost always tried exclusively against the losers...not the winners.

Try a more realistic-and honest-approach in your arguments....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: angeldoll

Israel would be bled dry financially. The cost of anti-missiles is far greater than unguided rockets.

Over time Hamas rebuilds their supply, perhaps with guided missiles supplied by Iran or whomever. At best this conflict just continues,,,,on and on.

No thanks.

I don't care about the money. I care about that population of Gaza that is being destroyed.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have been putting myself in the Palestinian shoes lately (who have children) and have a ?

If it were me there with children I would move. I wouldn't chance my children being blown up.

WHY don't they leave Gaza and go somewhere safe with their kids and return "home" when it's safe.

My husband works in Israel. I worry about this conflict more so than I once did. I have a stake in the fight so to speak. When I tell him how sad I am for the Palestinian children he says.. " they can always leave if they aren't happy".
So, I wonder why they don't leave.

Can they leave?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So if this was your home you would just roll over and leave?

Honestly, I wouldn't. Not only that, most countries (especially middle eastern countries) have their own economical problems, and can ill afford another million people on an already strained economy. When you know there is too few jobs for your own people, what can you do really - besides put Palestinians in camps and try and support them... and when you don't have enough money for the support of them? You simply don't take on the burden.

You know one of the reasons for the Syrian people being so pissed off at Assad? It was because he was taking in all the refugees who came to their door - and the country could not afford it.

And for the Palestinian who no one wants... what do they do? Live in a camp for the rest of their lives - because honestly that IS the alternative. I'd fight and die for my home, before I'd face living in a camp without prospect.

Many do that, live in the camps, many this is all they have ever known was a camp, and ALL who can find prospect for a good life elsewhere take it...

edit on 8-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It will continue until Israel feels that threat is neutralized.

And Thats why I used the word Genocide.

Just say it like you mean it.

Until Palestinians are neutralized.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Nah, they'd go back to "peacefully" Bulldozing Palestinian "settlements".

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

So… the IDF is retaliating for originally invading Palestine and recently, the land renamed Gaza?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I sure you don't. Israel does. It's part and parcel of national survival.

I'm curious, are as concerned about the people of Syria and Iraq as well? Apparently, their casualty totals are well over 100,000. About 100 times more than "Gaza".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join