It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: "Israel's 'security' does not justify the slaughter of civilians".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well France recently faltered in the European Elections by electing some very suspect individuals who represent the National Front...
& they're not exactly friends of Israel...
Then again not are they friends of Islam or any ethnicity outside of the French so I can only see them remaining neutral no matter which way their Localised elections go!!!

This will get as much backing as Ed Miliband's condemnation of Israeli action or Ban Ki Moon's opinions!!!

Peace Palestine!!!
Peace Israel!!!
edit on 4-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

originally posted by: samsamm9
a reply to: dashen

Until Laurent Fabius comment, France was an unconditional friend of Israel.
Are you ready to throw dirt and insult which ever nation is against some Israeli policy ?
Even if it has been your friend ? With friends like you who needs ennemies..

I am asking since you're so pro Zionist

I am NOT pro zionist. I am pro truth. The "zionists" if there truly is such a thing are guilty of crimes that every government on earth is guilty of.
Israel wants to live in peace. If Hamas is given free reign it will be isis and the taliban style living for the Palestinians

Propaganda at its finest. I truly despise Hamas and anything to stand for, but they the closest thing to resistants to an illegal occupant, which is the Zionist entity.
As much as you want to paint them as Muslim extremists in the like of ISIS or the Taliban, they are not and it's not the same context behind this conflict and you know it.

I saw that in a T-shirt, and I thought it was cute so I'll use it.

In order to exist, the Palestinians needs to resist. I truly wish they had better than Hamas to defend them... but always repeating it's Hamas fault, does not justify the slaughter against the Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: dashen

Until Laurent Fabius comment, France was an unconditional friend of Israel.
Are you ready to throw dirt and insult which ever nation is against some Israeli policy ?
Even if it has been your friend ? With friends like you who needs ennemies..

I am asking since you're so pro Zionist

I am NOT pro zionist. I am pro truth. The "zionists" if there truly is such a thing are guilty of crimes that every government on earth is guilty of.
Israel wants to live in peace. If Hamas is given free reign it will be isis and the taliban style living for the Palestinians

Propaganda at its finest. I truly despise Hamas and anything to stand for, but they the closest thing to resistants to an illegal occupant, which is the Zionist entity.
As much as you want to paint them as Muslim extremists in the like of ISIS or the Taliban, they are not and it's not the same context behind this conflict and you know it.

I saw that in a T-shirt, and I thought it was cute so I'll use it.

In order to exist, the Palestinians needs to resist. I truly wish they had better than Hamas to defend them... but always repeating it's Hamas fault, does not justify the slaughter against the Palestinians.

There is no justification for innocent death. Not Jewish Palestinian blue black or purple. Hamas executes Israeli collaborators in the street.
They shoot 30 or 40 mortars from the front of a hospital and then film as Israel shootS back

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If Hamas is given free reign it will be isis and the taliban style living for the Palestinians

Ironically ISIS is aided in recruitment by this same idea. If we blow everyone away because we fear them becoming ISIS...they will become ISIS. People tend to look for violent responses to violent actions. Desperate people might see ISIS as an answer to their problem.
edit on 08pm02pm312014-08-04T14:36:15-05:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is that NONE of the governments that have condemned Israel throughout this conflict have ever faced a similar threat to their civilian populations under comparable circumstances.

Hamas' deplorable tactics are working to perfection from a PR standpoint. They have indirectly caused the deaths of far too many civilians, and Hamas leaders couldn't be happier.

The leader of Hamas (from his cozy headquarters in Qatar) stated today that he feels that Hamas is winning the war...Yet the infrastructure of Gaza has been leveled, at least 400-500 Hamas militants have been killed, their underground tunnel network is almost destroyed, their arsenal of weapons is severely depleted, and approximately 1200 civilians have died.

edit on 4-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Metallicus

France: "Israel's 'security' does not justify the slaughter of civilians".

While this statement is true; does anyone actually take anything the French say seriously? I didn't think so.

Yes. Many outside the US do. I've never understood some American's hatred of the French. If anyone has reason to hate the French it would be Canada for DeGaulle interfering in another countries internal politics. The US? I don't get that.

Recently I was told by an American who's father was in the Navy, that the hatred for France came from Normandy. Apparently the French were supposed to have cleared the beach for the Americans arrival. I guess it didn't work out as planned. I guess that joke I heard makes more sense now.
"What is the most famous French expression?" "I give up"

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Israeli official calls for concentration camps in Gaza and 'the conquest of the entire Gaza Strip, and annihilation of all fighting forces and their supporters'

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn

In the past?? Were not talking french revolution here. Not even how the french brutalized africans in Zaire, cote d'ivoire, and others.
im talking about LAST YEAR.

Yes, last year, as in one year ago, IN THE PAST. By your logic any inhumane act is justified so long as it's been done before huh?

I guess the U.S. can't say anything because of all the Iraqis we've killed, right? I guess we should just sit back and watch; God forbid someone thinks we are hypocrites. I wonder if the father holding his dead son in his and is really concerned about France's hypocrisy?

This isn't about anyone holding their dead anything. This has everything to do with french hypocrisy, and how any sovereign nation if repeatedly bombed and missiled and mortared by an enemy would respond very harshly

I hear Florida has an awful mosquito problem, yet folks there are civilized enough not to nuke the quays.
But I don't expect cavemen to understand subtlety.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

In order to exist and to prosper, the Palestinians in Gaza need to stop electing terrorist regimes that will fire rockets into Israel.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
The truth of the matter is that NONE of the governments that have condemned Israel throughout this conflict have ever faced a similar threat to their civilian populations under comparable circumstances.

I guess that German blitzkrieg and 4 year occupation doesn't count then.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
I'd disagree on the most famous, IMHO it would be,...
"For sale: French military surplus rifle, never fired and dropped only once".

But seriously, the French have a huge warring history and only in the past 100 years have been looked down upon.
I still and always have thought if there is any other place to have been born to, I'd pick France.
They have been a HUGE supporter of the US, even before we were a republik.

edit on 4-8-2014 by g146541 because: cigarettes and coffee

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That was conventional warfare though.

Israel is facing a different scenario from a PR standpoint; damned if you do, damned if you don't...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hamas' deplorable tactics are working to perfection from a PR standpoint. They have indirectly caused the deaths of far too many civilians, and Hamas leaders couldn't be happier.

The leader of Hamas (from his cozy headquarters in Qatar) stated today that he feels that Hamas is winning the war...Yet the infrastructure of Gaza has been leveled, at least 400-500 Hamas militants have been killed, their underground tunnel network is almost destroyed, their arsenal of weapons is severely depleted, and approximately 1200 civilians have died.

Your right. The world stepping in was all Palestine could ever defend itself with. Palestine has never had a comparable force to Israel. Israel has satellite recon, courtesy of the US and Britain. Palestine has not had a chance of a sovereign military defence from Israel in almost 50 years.

The war was has been since the '70's, a war for the attention or ignorance of the world. Up until recently Israel was winning. As soon as Israel starts losing the PR battle, then they acknowledge it's existence and us it as defence. HOW, other than good PR, has Israel lasted this long.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I may have been premature in saying France will probably remain neutral...

France's Hollande Urges Action On 'Massacres' In Gaza!!!

"When I see what is happening with the Christians in Iraq, the minorities in Syria, massacres every day. What is happening too in Gaza, massacres ... we have to act," AFP quoted Hollande as saying at a ceremony marking the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War I on Monday.

Peace Palestine!!!
Peace Israel!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

No. You said that no nation that criticizes Israel suffered as they do. I say that France sustained WAY worse. No arguing of semantics will change that.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That was conventional warfare though.

Israel is facing a different scenario from a PR standpoint; damned if you do, damned if you don't...

LOL!!!
Because those AWESOME "missiles" from Palestine does soooo much damage ehh?
You whine because the Palestinians won't fight fair in a HUGELY over matched fight...WHAAAH.
But let's keep on point there, France along with the rest of the WORLD recognizes that israel is a rogue terroristic apartheid state, except 1 holdout that is quickly shifting to the sane side of the fence.
Like I and others have said, israel's propaganda machine is on fire trying to keep up with the madness of king nitwityahoo.
So, don't worry about Estes rockets being thrown at israel, worry about BRICS being thrown at israel.
Soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Your right. The world stepping in was all Palestine could ever defend itself with. Palestine has never had a comparable force to Israel. Israel has satellite recon, courtesy of the US and Britain. Palestine has not had a chance of a sovereign military defence from Israel in almost 50 years.

The war was has been since the '70's, a war for the attention or ignorance of the world. Up until recently Israel was winning. As soon as Israel starts losing the PR battle, then they acknowledge it's existence and us it as defence. HOW, other than good PR, has Israel lasted this long.

Those maps are total BS.
the English own Palestine in 1946.
and the Ottomans before them.
there were never sovereign Palestinians

edit on 4-8-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No, the situations are not analogous.

If a conventional army from a sovereign nation fires missiles on to the civilian popuation of another sovereign nation with a conventional army, it is a straight forward act of war. The nation defending itself would have free reign to use all measures necessary to defend it's citizens, regardless of the number of civilian casualties.

The situation in Gaza is entirely different.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Those maps are total BS.
the English own Palestine in 1946.
and the Ottomans before them.
there were never Palestinians

There wasn't an Israel either. The Romans did that millenia ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This justification sets a real dangerous presidence imo. I'd hate to see bombed houses and hospitals become the new norm. 7 U.N. schools have been bombed. I have a hard time justifying an 80% civilian death rate when thousands are dying.

Is Indiscriminate bombing that flattens entire neighborhoods the only response to Hamas's attempts to hide?
edit on 08pm03pm312014-08-04T15:11:56-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join