It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: "Israel's 'security' does not justify the slaughter of civilians".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: dashen
Those maps are total BS.
the English own Palestine in 1946.
and the Ottomans before them.
there were never Palestinians

There wasn't an Israel either. The Romans did that millenia ago.

too soon man, too soon

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Are you saying that Israelis have a foreign nation occupying them and that any given Israeli can be detained and shot at a whim? If not, they didn't go through what European nations did under the Nazis.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You state..

The situation in Gaza is entirely different.

And I agree!
The situation is mirror perfect to when the US cavalry rode into defenseless villages of women and children and massacred them all.
Village by village was only massacres, when you put hundreds and thousands together it is called a genocide.
Yep, the situation in Gaza is entirely different.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
The truth of the matter is that NONE of the governments that have condemned Israel throughout this conflict have ever faced a similar threat to their civilian populations under comparable circumstances.

Hamas' deplorable tactics are working to perfection from a PR standpoint. They have indirectly caused the deaths of far too many civilians, and Hamas leaders couldn't be happier.

The leader of Hamas (from his cozy headquarters in Qatar) stated today that he feels that Hamas is winning the war...Yet the infrastructure of Gaza has been leveled, at least 400-500 Hamas militants have been killed, their underground tunnel network is almost destroyed, their arsenal of weapons is severely depleted, and approximately 1200 civilians have died.

Your right. The world stepping in was all Palestine could ever defend itself with. Palestine has never had a comparable force to Israel. Israel has satellite recon, courtesy of the US and Britain. Palestine has not had a chance of a sovereign military defence from Israel in almost 50 years.

The war was has been since the '70's, a war for the attention or ignorance of the world. Up until recently Israel was winning. As soon as Israel starts losing the PR battle, then they acknowledge it's existence and us it as defence. HOW, other than good PR, has Israel lasted this long.

Those maps are total BS.
the English own Palestine in 1946.
and the Ottomans before them.
there were never sovereign Palestinians

I guess since the English have always owned Canada we should be flying their flag or something?

Are you asking what Canadians would do if instead of giving us independence, they gave us Israel? I'll tell you right now...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I get that at one point in history a madman almost succeeded in eliminating an entire race of people from the planet. Surviving such a global horror must culturally engrain a ferocity for defending your people.

But at what point do you become the beast your are defending against?

if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back ?....

Their is no justification for what is happening now...

Yes...Hamas calls for an "end to Israel"...here in the USA we still have the KKK and Skin Heads...we don't bomb the towns where they live.

Enough already...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Are you saying that Israelis have a foreign nation occupying them and that any given Israeli can be detained and shot at a whim? If not, they didn't go through what European nations did under the Nazis.

Aren't Israelis pretty aware of what the Nazis did? You know, with the whole Holocaust thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
edit on 4-8-2014 by VashKonnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I know right.

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

Though two wrongs dont make a right.

edit on 4-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
France is gonna be unpopular in some circles. Again.

But good for them. They are spot on.

Someone at work had Sean Hannity's talk radio show from Israel on today. He kept whining incessantly about how all these Israelis were running up to him asking why Americans were so against them. The jibberjabber of these murder-supporting apologits was enough to make me hurl.
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Its War Crimes and Breaks international law to every target or harm civilians and that goes for France, the US and everyone. They're all war criminals and need to be thrown in jail.

PERIOD!

And we all want peace on earth and abundance for all.

PERIOD!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Bouclier Humain. Isn't that what he meant to say? It's none of our business and we should stay out.....Just like your friend Ron Paul would say.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I applaud France for taking an ethical stand.

Netanyahu lost many supporters when he vowed to "bring back the quiet" or achieve a "sustainable quiet".

Israel seeks peace and quiet while Gaza seeks basic human rights and life sustaining resources.

Seems to me, someone needs to explain Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to Israel. There will be no actualization of higher minded ideals such as "peace" or "quiet" while people struggle with the basics of life such as food, water, electricity and medicine.

edit on 8/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
I think the Pig headed,arrogant,couldn't give a Monkeys attitude of the Zionist regime is at an end.
Bebi is a disgrace to the Jewish people,the blood thirsty Rat that he is.
He will be the downfall of Israel,it's got so bad that one time neutral onlookers are enraged at the carnage the Children of Palestine are enduring.
All empires built on Evil crumble into dust.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Nobody hears from the Israelis who are crying out for the Palestinians who are being slaughtered because of extremists in both sides. They exist but have very little voice. Everyone including many Israelis are disgusted with what the Israeli Government under BiBi's leadership are doing.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yet Hamas's security does justify the slaughter of civilians.

Maybe if Hamas would end their war on Israel and recognize their existence we would not be where we are. So long as Hamas and several other groups continue their goal to destroy Israel, Palestinians will continue to be without a sperate state.

Israel had the right idea. End Hamas.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
bumping this back up....

what say ye o isreali ??

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am no longer going to respond to the ignorant jokes and comments about the french.
But on a site that has for motto "Deny ignorance" and focuses on conspiracy, it is always surprising to see how many embrace ignorance and buy the bull they hear.

Part of French culture is that they believe in judging each circumstance on it's own- even friends will critic the actions or choices of friends. It is part of their belief that that is what friends are for- to help us see our blindspots.

Just as they never stopped considering the US allies, but still critiqued their actions in Iraq, they will honestly critique any ally when it does something they think is unjustified.

They don't believe in closing your eyes when your friend is going off the deep end and doing something unacceptable.

As far as the banning the protests, apparently some of you are not real up on what has been going on here. There was at least one thread on the violent protests in France, in which some of us who are here explained in detail. This can be looked up (if denying ignorance is something that interests you).

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011

originally posted by: southbeach
I think the Pig headed,arrogant,couldn't give a Monkeys attitude of the Zionist regime is at an end.
Bebi is a disgrace to the Jewish people,the blood thirsty Rat that he is.
He will be the downfall of Israel,it's got so bad that one time neutral onlookers are enraged at the carnage the Children of Palestine are enduring.
All empires built on Evil crumble into dust.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Nobody hears from the Israelis who are crying out for the Palestinians who are being slaughtered because of extremists in both sides. They exist but have very little voice. Everyone including many Israelis are disgusted with what the Israeli Government under BiBi's leadership are doing.

And that's my stance,extremists are on both sides who relish the Deaths of the opposition.
I'm listening to Jay Weidner on Red Ice Radio right now and he's going on about Psychopaths running Governments.
It's a World wide pattern but some are a lot more extreme than others.
Justifying murdering kids and having the Clown Mark Pinocchio Regev spin atrocities into a P.R. damage limitation shows how they lack any empathy.
I hope it doesn't go into a mass conflict with Israel and the rest of the middle East whereby the average Jew is targeted because of the loonies running his country.
edit on 5-8-2014 by southbeach because: grammatical error

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn

In the past?? Were not talking french revolution here. Not even how the french brutalized africans in Zaire, cote d'ivoire, and others.
im talking about LAST YEAR.

Yes, last year, as in one year ago, IN THE PAST. By your logic any inhumane act is justified so long as it's been done before huh?

I guess the U.S. can't say anything because of all the Iraqis we've killed, right? I guess we should just sit back and watch; God forbid someone thinks we are hypocrites. I wonder if the father holding his dead son in his and is really concerned about France's hypocrisy?

Yup you're dead right, if I were in that situation and america came out talking about crimes I would want to spit in their faces! It would sicken me and disgust me even more! In fact the very thought makes me angry!

Any nation commiting its own crimes has no place to talk whatsoever! In fact they should go and move in next to isreal! So we can have all the scum in one place...

The world needs to shun ALL nations commiting these crimes! Refuse to trade with them for lets say 100 years! If they commit war crimes... Lets see how long these war crimes continue...

But no in your world murderers can berate murderers and then you can have back and forth between the murderers as to which is the bigger murderer...

Time the world got tough on these dispicable acts!

This is what should happen... If you are a citizen of a country and they commit war crimes refuse to pay your tax and go on strike!!! Lets say for each bullet fired I will not be part of your "society" for 1 year! For a bomb dropped out a plane or otherwise forget it, I'm out... For life!!!

The nations that are not commiting war crimes should ALL stop trading with the criminals for 100 years!

Do this and see it stop, practically overnight!!!!
edit on 5-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Ask yourself... (open comment to everyone) Could isreal stand for a hundred years with no trade or hand outs???? You bet your ass they couldnt... But hey america and others keep giving em billions every year... And the crimes continue... What a shocker!!!
edit on 5-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Do you know Why Israeli need all that military power?
Because they are seizers of Land.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Not that israel's genocide against the Palestinians would have been justified even if it were true.

Depends on where you're coming from. It apparently is justified if you believe too much in "an eye for an eye (or worse)".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join