It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SImply Raw, Reversing Diabetes in 30 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I hope I posted this in the right forum. I'd like to know if anyone has tried this for diabetes and what their results were.

I was half scared to watch it, but after I did I regretted not watching it long ago. Recently I've had some slight tingling and redness around the ankles and shins. I didn't waste time in doing a little research. I don't know if this is the beginning of type 2 or not, but I'm ready to nip it in the bud from the start if so. I sat in a chair for the last 2 years at an office job which I wasn't used to doing. I know that sitting so much is extremely unhealthy and may be part of the problem, but I might as well make this change regardless of what the cause is.

I'm a complete noob to this and I'm a VERY picky eater, probably the most picky you would meet and I am afraid it will hold me back. I'm the type that eats chicken, potatoes, pasta, green beans, corn, breads, crappy snacks, and cereal (kashi stuff) about every day. Pizza every other weekend. I feel I need to do this but I just don't know if I can give up everything. I mean, chicken? What is wrong with chicken? How can that further issues with diabetes? Anyway...
edit on 2-8-2014 by spacemanjupiter because: youtube vid

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There are half a dozen possible chemicals that exist in raw food that fall apart when heated that can make this possible. Some are vitamins, some are neuroregulators, some are chemicals that help the immune system. Some recipes can stop the regression of this chemistry. Some have been made into supplements that can help like taurine and NAC.

You almost have to identify the problem if using supplements.

Eating raw foods for a month could correct this problem. It could also cause other problems in some people, seemingly not related but they actually are related to the change. I won't pick a direction to recommend on this issue, people have to decide for themselves and monitor their progress. Always remember, too much too long of anything can cause problems eventually.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

You eat a diet very high in carbohydrates, carbohydrates turn into sugar in your body. The biggest offenders are potatoes, bread, and pasta. Pasta generally being huge. The conversion rate for carbs is this... 4 grams of carbohydrates = 1 tsp of sugar. Read your package labels, and know this, look to see the number of servings per container. Then multiply the carb count by the servings for a true total. You will be astonished at your hidden sugar intake.

If you can, get up and walk around as much as you can, your body filters the blood the more it is circulated. One more important thing is Diabetes isn't what kills you it's the damage it causes the other organs that kills you. For males it's usually heart attacks or kidney failure. The viscosity of your blood changes with sugar levels making your heart work harder for the same amount of exercise.

Ask your doc for a A1C blood test, and find the first Diabetic with a blood meter and test it. 80 to 105 is normal.

These are just some of the basics.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: One_Love_One_GOD
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Do realize this thread is about diabetes?
edit on Fri Aug 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

You eat a diet very high in carbohydrates, carbohydrates turn into sugar in your body. The biggest offenders are potatoes, bread, and pasta. Pasta generally being huge. The conversion rate for carbs is this... 4 grams of carbohydrates = 1 tsp of sugar. Read your package labels, and know this, look to see the number of servings per container. Then multiply the carb count by the servings for a true total. You will be astonished at your hidden sugar intake.

Carbohydrates should make up 90% of your diet of which ideally most should be fruit, around 3000 cal minimum for woman and 4000 for men, very little protein and even less fat, there is in fact plenty of fat and protein in fruits and greens. If fruit is not practical for you then starchy foods are your friend, potatoes, rice, legumes etc, as long as they are low in protein and fat. Do not be afraid of sugar, repeat do not be afraid of it, sugar sugar sugar.

Yes i do, and understandably given that the common knowledge is that sugar is the devil especially in regards to diabetes my post will be met with skepticism. But diabetes is curable no matter how sever or how long endured in a matter of weeks. Diabetes is caused by fat, primarily animal sourced fat not sugar.

Sugar is as important as the air we breath and the water we drink and should be eaten in abundance.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It can help with people who are in a pre-diabetic state, radically improving diet and cutting out high-sugar junk can reverse the condition. So if somebody is on the path to diabetes? Radically altering diet, definitely worth a shot.

For people who already have diabetes? Well, if there was a simple cheap cure that could reverse the condition, the NHS would be all over that like a rash. Fact that they're not, makes me sceptical I'm afraid.

But everybody could benefit from having a healthier diet with less processed food, no matter who they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Carbohydrates should make up 90% of your diet of which ideally most should be fruit, around 3000 cal minimum for woman and 4000 for men, very little protein and even less fat, there is in fact plenty of fat and protein in fruits and greens. If fruit is not practical for you then starchy foods are your friend, potatoes, rice, legumes etc, as long as they are low in protein and fat. Do not be afraid of sugar, repeat do not be afraid of it, sugar sugar sugar.

Yes i do, and understandably given that the common knowledge is that sugar is the devil especially in regards to diabetes my post will be met with skepticism. But diabetes is curable no matter how sever or how long endured in a matter of weeks. Diabetes is caused by fat, primarily animal sourced fat not sugar.

Sugar is as important as the air we breath and the water we drink and should be eaten in abundance.

Wow you have to be the only one that feels this way, being diabetic for the last 15 years with nutrition classes if I followed your plan I would be in the hospital in days. Even the Charlotte Gerson doesn't advocate what you are saying.

So lets hear your cure, I am all ears. Right now a piece of carrot cake would be great.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Wow you have to be the only one that feels this way, being diabetic for the last 15 years with nutrition classes if I followed your plan I would be in the hospital in days. Even the Charlotte Gerson doesn't advocate what you are saying.

So lets hear your cure, I am all ears. Right now a piece of carrot cake would be great.

Sorry i don't mean to sound preachy or patronizing. It drives me crazy all this complete and utter bull # floating around in regards to nutrition, the fads, diets, cure-alls, try fasting for this, fat is good for you, eat your weight in protein, this herb will cure this, ENOUGH! We run on sugar aka glucose, everything we eat turns into glucose.

Something as small as a common cold right up to cancer is a result of a weak immune system from the body not getting what it needs on a cellular level. I could tell you too eat 30 bananas a day for the next month but you wouldn't heed that advice but ill advise you that anyway. Eat 30 bananas a day for the next month, be brave

edit on 2-8-2014 by One_Love_One_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If animal fats cause this problem then I am in BIG trouble :/ I eat a lot of chicken, although I am so picky about chicken that I cut off every single bit of white fatty stuff that I can see. I'll sacrifice a quarter of my chicken boob if I have to in order to get all the fat trimmed. I think the bigger problem for me though is MILK. Since I was a kid I've consumed a LOT of milk each day. For as long as i can remember, and I'm 39 now, I drink a gallon of 1% milk about every 2 days. I'm sure that adds up to a lot of fat. I do consume a lot of carbs, but I try to do that before I go to the gym so I can use it as fuel to burn. At night is usually when I eat chicken and green beans, maybe potatoes or corn. Sometimes a turkey/lettuce/cheese sandwich. I'm super simple and don't normally use any sauces, dips, or dressings because I don't like them. Lunch before gym usually pasta. Breakfast usually Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal.

I do drink, once a week on Saturday nights. Normally half a 1/5 of whiskey or vodka which takes about 6 hours or more to get through along with 2 power aid zeros (no carbs) to chase it all down. I know, horrible. A lot of people out there are a lot worse than I am, but I know that doesn't justify what I do. I've decided to drink no more though, which is easy for me to do. I do not have a 'problem' with desiring the alcohol. I just have fun with it and never thought much about it until now.

I've always said to myself, 'well you've never broken a bone.. might as well keep drinking the milk.' Maybe it's causing me more harm than good though.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Yeah we tend to eat chicken under the false assumption that it's low in fat, it is in fact saturated with fat, the vast amounts of yellow liquid from a single chicken breast (organic or not) is pure fat, i mean there's no such thing as low fat meat but if you really want to eat the stuff eat wild meat, at least you know who ever it is your munching on got some exercise ate a more natural diet and will be leaner as a result.

Milk is really harmful to health, it's full of puss and cysts for starters. Number one humans are supposed to drink human milk, cows drink cow milk, when they are babys! Beyond that is unnatural and causes problems. And dairy causes osteoporosis not prevent it. Get real viable calcium first hand from greens.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sorry i don't mean to sound preachy or patronizing. It drives me crazy all this complete and utter bull # floating around in regards to nutrition, the fads, diets, cure-alls, try fasting for this, fat is good for you, eat your weight in protein, this herb will cure this, ENOUGH! We run on sugar aka glucose, everything we eat turns into glucose.

Something as small as a common cold right up to cancer is a result of a weak immune system from the body not getting what it needs on a cellular level. I could tell you too eat 30 bananas a day for the next month but you wouldn't heed that advice but ill advise you that anyway. Eat 30 bananas a day for the next month, be brave

Is there any documentation to support this? Or is this SWAG?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Is there any documentation to support this? Or is this SWAG?

Documentation, people love there documentation these days, study's, statistics, the internet was supposed to give power and knowledge, instead it made us weak an unsure of our selves. We are unable it seems to use our own God given intuition and make our own conclusions. The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Being a Type 2 myself, I can tell you the following (and so will any doctor):

Your two best friends in the entire world are WATER and EXERCISE.

They should be everyone's best friend.

Make sure you drink plenty of water every day, and I do not mean just 1 glass of it. Keep your body hydrated and drink at least 6 or more glasses a day.

Exercise: simply going for a 30 minute walk each day will help your body out tremendously. More would be better, but 30 minutes of continuous exercise (no...breaking it up into 5 minutes here and there will not work), will help you out a lot.
Can't go for a walk? Bad weather? Live in some place that makes it hard to do so? Get a exercise bike or tread mill.

Sucrose (Table sugar) is now your enemy. Your body needs sugars to work right, but what it needs is Glucose or simple sugars, and if you'er becoming a Type 2 or are pre-diabetic, you need to manage how much of those simple sugars you take in. Your doctor and a dietician can help you figure out how much carbohydrates you should be consuming with each meal.

TAKE YOUR MEDS!

One of the biggest problems with diabetes management is the failure of people to stay on their medications. I know it sounds like we're just keeping big pharma rich, however I've had too many friends that decided to ignore their diabetes. One is dead, cut down in the prime of her life, leaving behind her children.
Another decided to simply ignore his situation. He ate and drank what he wanted, didn't bother with his meds. Why worry? He was skinny and had a outside job, plenty of exercise!
He ended up having a major heart attack. Then two major surgeries, and then finally a stroke that made it to where he can't use the left side of his body.

He's paying attention to his diabetes now.

Diabetes is a silent killer. As was said earlier in this thread: it causes damage to your internal organs slowly over time, and you don't feel that.

Two last tips:

Try getting away from rehydronated oils such as margarine, veggie oils and shortning. Instead, you might try real butter, olive oil and lard, all in moderation of course. I read a study about how rehydronated oils can cause our bodies cells to become resistant to absorbing sugars. Over the last 2 years since I switched, I've found my diabetes even easier to manage, with my blood sugar staying in range much more often.

Second tip: anyone telling you that you can go out and eat as much sugar as you want, should be ignored. That person is basically telling you to go kill yourself...abet slowly, but the end result will be the same. Bananas have one of the highest sugar contents of all the fruits. I'm allowed only half of one. Watermelon on the other hand has one of the lowest, I'm allowed a huge slice of that.

Stay away from candy, cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream and sodas. Be careful of fruit juices (follow what your doctor says). Be also careful of artificial sweetners.

Beware of any "new" diet that is suppose to "cure" your diabetes. Talk to your doctor first, and do some serious research into it. Do not just take anyone's word for it.

It's your body and life in the end, so it's up to you. You can either manage your diabetes and live a long life, or you can slowly kill yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cow's milk really isn't that healthy for you, no. The pasteurization process kills about anything beneficial in it; though for what its worth you can get pretty fair nutrition from cheese. The healthiest milk we have access to at the store would be goat's milk, even though you usually have to go to a hipster-mart in order to get it.

One of the best ways for putting nutrients back into used-up pasteurized milk is to turn it into homemade yogurt, which has the beneficial bacteria to get your GI ecosystem functioning right. Beware of so-called pro-biotic yogurt, which is mostly just flavored sugar mash. Most store-bought products kill off healthy bacteria during the canning or sealing process.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

"Second tip: anyone telling you that you can go out and eat as much sugar as you want, should be ignored. That person is basically telling you to go kill yourself...abet slowly, but the end result will be the same. Bananas have one of the highest sugar contents of all the fruits. I'm allowed only half of one. Watermelon on the other hand has one of the lowest, I'm allowed a huge slice of that. "

Yeah I have too much experience for too long to believe that, I gave him the opportunity to square himself and he didn't take it. Thats ok I am aware of how the net works. I love banana's to, but they make me sick from the sugar pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Yep.

Our bodies do need sugar. The problem is that ever since the advent of Sucrose (table sugar), we've been consuming MORE sugar than our bodies evolved to handle.

Prior to the 1800s, sucrose was rare and a great luxury that only the very rich could afford. Prior to that, most people consumed sugars only from fruits and honey mostly.

However, once table sugar became mass produced in the 1800s, everyone had access to it, and there was an explosion of foods created that used it, and now available to anyone that had 2 coins to rub together.

What followed soon after was an explosion of tooth decay....and obesity.

And one of the main factors (but not always) to becoming a Type 2 diabetic is obesity. They rate at which people have been becoming diabetic since the late 1930s, is huge, with the last few decades showing an huge trend.

Sucrose is not the only bad guy in this, but it has helped play a huge role in what is pretty much a pandemic of global proportions. Type 2 diabetics are found more in developed countries and much less in undeveloped countries.

Most of us here grew up used to having candies and sodas. Moms or grandmothers that baked all those pies, cakes, cookies.

Going out to get that milk shake or ice cream, etc.

We used to look at the people that avoid those things and thought "Humph! Health NUT! I'll eat what I want!"

Well, turns out the "health nuts" had the right idea. All the sugar (sucrose) is bad for us.

I think the hardest thing for me when I got diagnosed with Type 2 (that was a fun day....woke up and could not stop running to the bathroom to pee, and I was dying of thirst! Nothing could quench it! And my eyesight was suddenly all blurry.....my wife who was a CNA, insisted I go to the store and get a blood test kit...I looked at her when I tested my blood and asked if 500 was bad? Thought she was going to faint) was the change in diet.

I wasn't going out and buying candy, nor did I drink sodas. However, I'm the cook at the house and learned from my mom how to bake: pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, fudge, you name it! And, living here in South Carolina, sweet ice tea is what you drink!

I still make those things for my family...but I can't touch it (pure torture). I switched to unsweetened ice tea....took a while to get used to, but now I can't stand sweetened tea. I used to put sugar in my coffee, but decided to drink it black.

All that took a LOT of effort to NOT CHEAT.

You see, after you've been taking the meds, and being a good boy or girl and staying away from the sugar....you think: one cookie? How could it hurt?....or, well, just one soda....I'll be fine, I'm on my meds.
Only you end up instead having MORE than one cookie. More than one piece of fudge. MORE than one soda, because, well, you don't feel any different and you're still taking your meds, right?

Right....but your blood sugar stays elevated (which the A1C test will show. It's like a record your body keeps of your sugar levels)....and that is slowly killing your internal organs. So slow that you don't notice.....until it's too late.

By the time you notice that your kidneys are aching constantly......it's because they are failing now. Now you've got a even MORE SERIOUS problem.

Or.....well, you'll notice when your heart has an attack. That will get your attention. If you're lucky, you might live to learn from it.

Or you might not and it won't mater to you anymore.

Or that tingling in the foot that just won't go away...like it keeps falling asleep on you....and just seems to be getting worse and worse. So you finally go to the doctor......who ends up telling you that now, that foot has got to come off.

You'll notice that I'll bet.

I have a step brother that's almost 20 years younger than me. He's a Type 2, and has to take insulin. He'd been ignoring it for years, and then 6 months ago, while sitting at a book store, he had a major heart attack.
He was lucky, he's had to go through several surgeries, and he went back to paying attention to his diabetes. But his wife bakes all these goodies, and lately he's gone back to chowing down on them.....

I'm 47, and I really do not want to go to his funeral or see his two young daughters standing there looking at a coffin.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

We have similar stories, Thirsty as hell, peeing like crazy out of control unable to work and climb a ladder. I was shocked to say the least. Everyday is a balancing act, today I fell off of the rope and landed hard. I had biscuits and gravy southern style, it was a crash and burn day. Ever after 38 units of 50/50. My brother sounds like yours he is much worse than I am, I at least watch things most days he never does. Long story, he is 4 years younger and everyone thinks he is 10 years older than I am. He is beat up from the feet up. I hope spaceman takes some of this advice, it could save him much pain in the long run.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have already started changing what I eat. I am afraid to even eat anything that I normally eat. I have replaced cereal/milk with eggs for now since they are low in carbs and sugar. They are high in fat so I will replace those again as soon as I can figure out what to have that is super clean but tolerable. Granola is probably high in sugar isn't it? Last night instead of having chili, or chicken and pasta I just made some chicken chunks with lettuce leaves and some cheese sprinkled. Dairy is going to be difficult to get rid of but I will. Chicken... I don't know how I will replace chicken my god.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join