It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Official: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger To The United States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I as well as any of "us" have no idea what it is like to run the country in this turmoil, so the only thing to do in my opinion is to take the mile high view.

Unprecedented dissension from the arms of the government we rely on to do the work, requires unprecedented decisions from the person elected to run the country. That is his job. It is a totally no win situation for him, but again, the bottom line is keeping the government running.

Go tell your boss you are taking the day off because you do not like the way the company is running. I will gladly lend you a box for your stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am confused on this. Why do people suggest Congress came up with the Sequestration idea when the record shows so clearly the White House originated the idea? At best, they said it was inspired by something Republicans had as a part of some other compromise in the 1980's, but they accept credit by their own statements. Obama also seems pretty far out of sync with his staff on it.

Here was the White House Spokesman Jay Carney

this is in the comments and it is what he said.

0:40 - "The sequester was something that was discussed, and as has been reported, it was an idea that the White House put forward..."

This was another official on Meet The Press also saying it came from the White House and I'd call it really partisan except that it isn't Fox. That is a Sunday morning stop for politicians on NBC. I just learned this but it's the longest running weekly show in history, as a piece of trivia.

Congress could have and should have stopped fighting long enough to stop it. It was the first example of "do it my way or else" with sequestration meant to be an "or else" even Congress would be motivated by, until they failed to find a deal. The DoD are among those who paid dearly for the political games.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

And my response is to disband the war machine and go into pure humanitarian effort to advance our species into abundance. The goal would be a day when war would no longer be ever thought of, again. And history will call it exactly for what it is. Government sponsored and organized mass murder.

Are you game, or do you hate everyone different from you too?

Screw Bush. We'll get to him. But for today, I'm more concerned about a dual citizen Senate, who thinks it is more important to defend Israeli genocide, then take care of its own people. Me and you.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As long as we are focused on blame, this stupidity in our government will continue.

For the first time in a long time, I agree with the Libertarian Party on this issue: (Source: Libertarian Party website)

When military spending cuts are involved, Republicans protest loudly, giving credence to the claim that the cuts are real. Both Democrats and Republicans use these theatrics to disguise reckless government overspending — just as they did with the government "shutdown."

"Elementary school arithmetic instructs us that if you grow spending at a slower rate — it still gets higher. It's not a reduction; it's an increase," said Geoffrey J. Neale, chair of the Libertarian National Committee.

President Obama and Secretary Hagel propose creation of a new $26 billion "Opportunity, Growth, and Security Initiative" (read: slush fund) while keeping the 2015 Pentagon budget at the same level as 2014. That's an increase of $26 billion.

They also propose wiping out what's left of the so-called "sequester," thereby sheltering the military from automatic spending cuts.

The Sequester is a function of the dysfunction of our current government. What began as a "final option" motivational tool to cause the Congress to find solutions and compromises has been written into law and now is strangling certain parts of the military. It does need to go away.

From what I can see, Mr. Obama is hardly shrinking the armed forces, he's modernizing them. FOcusing on technological solutions rather than boots on the ground ... our people in harm's way. I can't really see a downside to that option ... except maybe for certain defense contractors.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The report places the shortfall in defence budgetting on the sequestration, imposed by Congress during the GOPs brinkmanship during the budget showdowns they initiated. Your defence budget is so bloated you should be thanking your administration for it's scaleback and modernization. But I suspect your military industrial complex is too powerful to allow that to happen and will use propagandist reports like this to instill fear in the common man to vote for whoever they (the M.I.C.) allow to seek higher office.

PS, if my post seems critical of obvious corruption in your government rest assured I'm painfully aware of it in my own government.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Why do we need a military policy that will enable us to fight 2 wars at the same time?
The way I see it is we have only one country and 2 land borders it shouldn`t be too hard to defend those borders.
Obviously that report isn`t talking about defending the country it`s talking about imperial expansion.
If a bunch of untrained militia could defend the country against the greatest military power on earth in 1812, then surely a multi trillion dollar high tech military can defend the country today.

To me this just seems like scare tactics to get more money to keep the war machine rolling non stop into the foreseeable future. 13 years of non stop war and they still aren`t satisfied they want to just keep it going.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Are you game, or do you hate everyone different from you too?

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? Who do I hate according to you? You know nothing about me so stick to the topic. If you can focus on the topic and not make personal attacks then buy all means contribute, we can agree to disagree. If you are NOT able to leave your silly emotional manipulative games out of the mix, you will have to find another play mate ..I don't care for the taste of bait today...

When one attacks the messenger and not the message they tend to lose all credibility.....

Pax

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

FOcusing on technological solutions rather than boots on the ground ... our people in harm's way. I can't really see a downside to that option...

Nor can I and i said this earlier!! I cannot believe you and I actually agree on something lol
There is incredible technology in the works to reduce casualties while still protecting our country...and that is casualties on both sides...

The problem is and I cannot say who is at fault....whether or not this will ever see the light of day is Not about the lives it would save for us and our adversaries and the protection it would offer it has all been politicized but greedy and powerful people that are in the government! I am not talking about a weapons type technology something completely different that has never been thought of before...

Pax

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't know.

Something isn't sitting right w/ me on these kinds of topics. You know, for the life of me I cannot see another U.S. president after Obama.

I hate to admit it but -- perhaps Obama was TOO good.

Any future "presidential candidates" are going to look amateurish compared to Obama. IMO, I think there's gonna be a 'crisis' OR 'problematic situation' that Obama will invoke an Executive Order under 'State of Emergency'. . .

. . . does anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0rkoJoker

originally posted by: charles1952

What other country tries to promote stability in the world?

You mean by propping up brutal dictators when it is convenient and toppling democratically elected governments when it suits our purposes? That kind of stability? Excellent point.

Here is a great example of our stability promotion.

Isn't life just grand! So glad we as a people have learned from history!

I dunno... so helpless... I cant even imagine what it is like for these people... I have 3 kids... Just rediculously sickening to see that... But people NEED to see that... ALL of it...

We only have one option... We have to remove government and use our brains to come up with another way to live together instead of using our brains to make evermore destructive weapons...

Of course, nothing is easy... But it can happen... We could end this... Wouldn't be overnight... But get a million people to stop paying taxes and watch the rest follow along... What they gonna do? Come put a million is prison? Great they'll have to pay for that rather than war...

We gotta do something for god sake!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Quoting facts?? how dare you!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My thoughts are simply this...Obama is either the biggest idiot ever born, or is TRYING to destroy America. A radical progressive that believes that the world is a better place with a beaten-down USA. Yeah...lets see how that works out. Oh, right...we are seeing it all around us right now.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Don't tell me what means something or nothing to me, I actually did serve in the service thank you very much.
What I am saying is you don't have to blindly support our military to support the country.

Our freedom has not been at risk since WW2, vets still have my respect but the DoD does not. I do not respect that they send our men and women to fight useless wars based that do nothing but get them killed.
You can rah rah all you want about what we have the ability to do, but tell me when was the last time that was threatened by anyone other then our own US gov?

Does 9/11 work for you? How about ISIS stating that they are coming for us? Oh hell...why bother. So...when you "served in the service", what did you do and where did you do it?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: charles1952

If you really think our military can't handle anyone out there, then you are just being willfully ignorant IMO.

They have canned 500 plus Majors and 1800 plus captains just in the Army alone. Just over 500,000 for an Army total when it was at around one million before Obama took over. That is huge. That probably leave maybe 300,000 fighting men for the Army. Never mind all the other branches being slashed. I hope you can all see the writing on the wall now. There has been a coordinated effort to bring this country to its knees from the whole government, dems and republicans.

That's pathetic when the world is so dangerous right now, China and Russia could come knocking on our door anytime thanks to the moron Obama and his antagonistic but then don't interrupt my golf game attitude.

I have always said that the end time wars could never happen with America being so strong but since Obama has taken over he has made the end time predictions a reality. He is going to make it look like he cant defend Israel instead of just refusing to do it.

The people need to give DC an Enema and install the highest ranking General loyal to the people as our leader till this country gets all the evil corrupt ones 6 feet under, toss out most amendments to the Constitution and write a few new ones before any new politicians are voted in.

God help us!!! We as a people are to strong to fight so I think Ebola is coming since they will not stop planes flying in from Africa.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is insanely stupid. If we can't keep America safe with 40% of the planet's defense spending, then we need to fire all our defense contractors and start over. The truth is we probably don't get much more value than the Chinese get for 1/40th the cost because the fat #s at Boeing, LM, NG, etc. are #ing thiefs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Yes a military coup would really help. #ing moron. The problem with our military is that our defense contractors give no value for the money we pay them. At some point they need to come up with some game changers or take a 70% pay cut and # off.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Still does not detract from the fact that Obama is a foreign policy disaster walking.

So was Bush and Obama just carried on his policies. It really does confirm that regardless of what party is in office, they both work for the same boss and it sure as hell ain't the citizens. We all need a one-party system where the candidates are elected based on what they do for citizens, not corporations, bankers or themselves.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So since what brought about this whole report was the idea of a two war doctrine. So lets assume we aren't meeting those goals and forget about blame. Why should the nations goal be to fight two simultaneous wars? Why not one? Why not three? What is the reason for two?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18227854]paxnatus[/po

FACT ! - Un-named sources are THE most reliable. FACT !

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Wat

Not everything's a conspiracy you know, and since Obama is calling Bibi and giving him orders, I don't think Israel is our master

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join