It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Official: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger To The United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The Military has already been cut a lot over the years. The bloated stuff have been the entitlements, accruing debt every second for the last 60 years. Just because it makes people feel good, doesn't mean the current setup for entitlements is sustainable, and it definitely doesn't mean people who want to fix them and make things sustainable are "evil bigots". Some of us just look at the bigger picture of; Economic collapse certainly doesn't help the people who need assistance.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

Sorry you feel that way, but the truth is your right.

The US should leave the UN (and take our money with us).
We should stop sending aid all over the world (doing the above would severely limit the UN's ability to aid as well)
We should leave NATO.

And just let the world sort its self out. I wonder how long it would take after that, for Russia, China, and anyone else to make geopolitical moves. that might be some fear mongering, but would you really deep down wanna take the chance to see if there are some people on the other side of the world with power, who wouldn't have everyone's best interest at heart?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Still does not detract from the fact that Obama is a foreign policy disaster walking.

Only in the sense that the OP does not support the same? Actually the OP appears blatantly dishonest in that regard since these cuts were a result of sequestration and the POTUS has petitioned the GOP dominated congress repeatedly to reverse the cuts?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: paxnatus

May I make a prediction without even reading the source article? This thread will either be ignored by those who support Obama, or hate America, or people will try to derail it.

Those are the choices you dictate to us posters? (1) Believe this debunked OP? (2) Support Obama (3) Hate America or (4) Derail?

Uhhh...I choose none of the above...I choose to call BS when I see a stinking pile of BS. Which this OP claim clearly is.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This topic reminds me of the "Project for the New American Century."

PNAC info, Wikipedia

I always thought Robert Kagan was a pretty astute guy. His brother & his dad co-authored a great book called "While America Sleeps" - worth reading.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I know you read my post as you clipped part of it and included it in your post. Let me try to explain where I think you might have misunderstood.

You notice I used the word "prediction?" You know what that means, I'm sure. If I predict the temperature will be between 80 and 90 degrees, and there will be less than 1/10 inch of rain, I simply saying those are the conditions which I think will occur. I am not saying, as you seem to believe, that I am saying those are the only possible outcomes.

You're still following?

So you can (probably) see that I'm not dictating choices to anybody. Understand now?

Uhhh...I choose none of the above...I choose to call BS when I see a stinking pile of BS. Which this OP claim clearly is.

And I thought I was going to have to explain only my writing. Oh, well. The OP brings to our attention the report of the National Defense Panel on the Quadrennial Defense Review. You, in your imaginative way, call it BS. Which are you calling BS, the NDP or the QDR? Have you read either one of them? Sorry, forget that. Of course you haven't.

The QDR is a Pentagon product and the NDP is a Congressional product. Show us where they have gone into obvious error and falsehood. I mentioned two ways the thread might be derailed. One was by people calling the report a big lie.

My prediction was correct, now show us that your objection is correct.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

So you can (probably) see that I'm not dictating choices to anybody. Understand now?

Right....to be accurate, you were looking to discredit anyone that disagreed or questioned the OP as an "Obama Supporter" or "America Hater". Not an unusual tactic in these forums, but I am not a fan...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Dear Indigo5,

OK, let's try again. I will explain my reasoning in detail. I have seen several threads in various forums which focus on a piece of news which goes against conventional (dare I say "Progressive?") wisdom. The replies are rather similar whether they come from Democrats, Anti-Israelis, Muslims, etc.

I listed what I thought would be the responses to the OP. The pattern held, my prediction was correct. I was not trying to discredit anyone, I was trying to demonstrate the predictability of the responses. I believe I succeeded.

Now, will you tell us where you found the BS? Which report it was in?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Pres. Clinton cut the Pentagon budget and downsized the military and some bases after the cold war ended.

We lost the two front war in the Middle East and bailed. Its time again to cut the budget.

As for the so called war on terrorism, the US fighting force was decimated with 320,000 vets with TBI, 300,00 with mental problems who'll need life long treatment, and a 4 trillion dollar bank debt that our great grand children will be paying for in higher taxes.

Before the US invasion, Afghanistan and Iraq together had an estimated Al Qaeda force of 20,000 fighters. The US war on terrorism has spawned an Iraq that is now owned by the hordes of Isis and an Afghanistan that will soon be owned by a much tougher, meaner Taliban.

The world is a dangerous place, so let's keep throwing more money at the Pentagon to make it much worse.

edit on 6-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar and composition

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It took me 15 seconds in a google search, here are two sources one is the Washington Times, the other is the Freebeacon

Take your pick. Both articles confirm, almost to the letter, what OP referenced.

www.washingtontimes.com...

freebeacon.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CZ75P01

So two more sources that don't source the report? I could just read the OP for that. That is what the post your responded to was stating, not that no one else is going to say the same thing.
And the actual report can be found just as easy as the sources you gave. Maybe the writers of the two you gave me need to go find it to so they can put it in their pieces as a source.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

They don't reference it because most "news" reported is just talking points and opinions.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The OP's post made this out to be Obama's fault. The problem with OP's post is that the report is available on the internet. The report does not lay any blame on Obama, it barely even mentions him. It lays the blame on Congress. It names the sequester and the fiscal cliff for forcing budget cutbacks.

The military budget needs additional trimming. Keep the personnel, can those unwanted programs. THe US has lost all sense of proportion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

Regardless of what happened in the past, do you want to be protected HERE? If Not than lets continue to cut our military budget even more!! The reason The U.S.General was killed yesterday was directly related to how this Administration has tied our forces hands when it comes to rules of engagement...All there pretty little ideas do not mean squat for the men and women whom are willing to get down to tactics and fight for you, me and the rest of us.

So yeah while the world is in a very dangerous place as you said lets decrease our chance to defend ourselves. That sounds like perfect logic!! Isis would not be advancing on Iraq or in the Middle East if Obama had not yanked our troops out of there all at once...This Administration was warned about the threat of ISIS back in 2012.....But Obama, Hillary and the rest turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the Clear and Present Danger.....and now look where we are!

Don't talk to me about BUSH or Clinton or any other President and what they did or who is to blame because those people are not at the helm RIGHT NOW! This lies squarely on the POTUS no one else!

Question is do you or the rest of you who want to see the Military "Industrial Complex", as they have been referred to, fight for you in a foreign land or fight in your own backyard!

And just because you cut our military does NOT MAKE THE TRHEAT JUST DISAPPEAR!! That is a stupid and ridiculous concept!

I never said we need to provoke war....or even medal in other countries business. I just think we need to be able to defend ourselves first and foremost......The reason we will have a much harder time at that is because Obama plans to observe from his backyard in Kenya and does not give one damn what happens to the U.S.A. and that is not United States of Africa but United States of America !

Pax

edit on 8/8/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I appreciate your obvious intelligence and sincerity, but instead of rehashing my former arguments on this ailing topic, I'll just say that your talking points are semantical and do not reflect the historical context of why ISIS finds Iraq a fertile ground for expansion. Look into recent history, and see what has been occurring throughout the Middle East since the CIA was so deeply involved with Iran in the early 1950s.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join