It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP tells Obama to ignore congress one day after suing him for ignoring Congress.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Problem with GOP and congress is GOP is 3 parties trying to remain relevant by pretending to be one. 2 Party System is killing America.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I just have to laugh at all of the people (read: leftists) on here talking about a do nothing congress. It's not a do nothing congress, it's a do nothing senate. There are almost 400 bills in harry reid's desk (how do they fit???) 75% of which were passed unanimously by both parties in the house. look it up if you don't believe me.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

On the other hand, Reid could be doing all of us a favor by blocking 400 new laws and regulations and women's health issues. Also, it takes 60% majority to pass in the Senate.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Personally I'm pleased with the gridlock in washington, that's what should happen when you have a split congress. Although, there is likely some decent legislation waiting in the desk of Harry Reid, since much of it has bi-partisan support.

But overall, the government should be reducing laws and regulation. There are WAY too many laws and regulations.

OT:
Remember the clinton years? Remember how much you libs loved those? That was a republican congress and democrat president. If you really hate the gridlock, you should make that happen again since you don't have a chance in hell of getting the house this go around. Otherwise, it will be more of the same.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I understand gridlock happens. But when the polls show that the american people are over 60% in agreement, i.e. immigration, that should break the gridlock on that issue. Yes, I remember that era of republicans were willing to work with a democrat president. But not this era of republicans.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
this "persecution of the American president" should go all the way to the gallows!

If you don't realize what a disgusting piece of garbage he is then ......wow

No trial needed, no evidence needed, lets just have a old fashioned lynching of a black man.

You do not realise your posting shows a lot about yourself by calling for a lynching!

Hanging was they preferred capital punishment before there was electric chair or lethal injection.

And believe it or not yes they were given a trial and jury. You are such a genius.

-Alien

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I understand gridlock happens. But when the polls show that the american people are over 60% in agreement, i.e. immigration, that should break the gridlock on that issue. Yes, I remember that era of republicans were willing to work with a democrat president. But not this era of republicans.

Different kind of "Democrat" today isn't it.

Different kind of "President".

The Democrats are all under the Stockholm "Spell".

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You should look into those polls they phrase the questions in a way that is not consistent with the reality of the reform bills they have tried passing in congress. They put an emphasis (through question asking) on securing the border that is not seen in the bills. And last I checked the house passed an immigration bill but the senate is out of town.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yes, I remember that era of republicans were willing to work with a democrat president. But not this era of republicans.

After I just showed you that there are 400 bills they've passed on to the senate, 300 of which have bi-partisan support, you are going to claim the republicans aren't willing to work with the president? really? This is the problem with this nation. Use some common sense. What they are unwilling to do (as they should be) is pass completely left wing legislation with absolutely zero or the most minimal compromise from democrats.

The reason you have this perception is because of Harry Reid. He has acted as a gate keeper for Obama, preventing him from having to veto popular legislation. It's all politics to Obama, he doesn't know how to achieve, only how to fight the opposition. You'll get to see Obama's true colors when the republicans take the senate in november. He won't compromise at all, mark my words.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

No. I know how the republican have been governing since 2008. They legislate laws that they know will never pass. Just to fool people like you.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No. I know how the republican have been governing since 2008. They legislate laws that they know will never pass. Just to fool people like you.

NEWS FLASH: from 2007-2011 Democrats had full control of the legislative branch. Republicans didn't do any legislating that wasn't approved of by democrats in 2008... and I'm the one being fooled?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What have conservative policies done for you the past 30years.? Are you rich, good for you, then their policies work for you. You like paying taxes while the rich sit back and laugh how we working fools pay for everything. How about denying climate changing for 30 years, instead of preparing, now we are going to run out of drinkable water. How have all those deregulations worked for you. All that easy money from the Feds, guess what, it is not for you. Go fish poor folks, well guess what, the fish are polluted, but the rich got their deregulations. It is for the rich who we are told by conservatives that they need more and more and more. How about health care, you must like how premiums have been eating your paycheck instead of saving for a down payment for a house or college. How about the trillions spent on wars, you must like watching money burn instead of feeding our poor. You like how the conservatives are all up your vagina telling you what to believe, how to feel, when to have a baby when not. How do you like the Patriot Act that can round up your family using SWAT on the streets, busting in your home, just on someone's suspicion. Our constitution was already torn up by a good old conservative, George Bush. Stay blinded and a fool until it is all gone. I am sick of conservatives choking my country and family to make the rich richer.
edit on 5-8-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

All of what you detest are Progressive agendas.

When did Democrats try to shut down the polluters ?

Hardly even a whisper.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join