It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP tells Obama to ignore congress one day after suing him for ignoring Congress.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It seems a little undignified at this point - that a president should have to beg

No doubt! What's worse, is that he has gotten to the point where he is offering to wash Congress' cars and walk their dogs...

"The door is always open," Obama said. "More than that, I'll go to them; I'll wash their car ... walk their dog ... I mean, I'm ready to work with them any time that they want to pursue policies that help working families."

www.usatoday.com...

Shameful and ridiculous!

The whole lot of them should feel embarrassed.
edit on 1-8-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: muse7

Basically he told Obama to do his job and follow the Constitution.

There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.

The title, though from your Wire source, is totally disingenuous.

Agreed. Should just place this post in the HOAX bin.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Bilk22

"Come on and help a little bit." What does that mean? Does anyone know exactly what Obama wants? He wants amnesty for everyone crossing the border and there's no end in site as to when they'll stop crossing. If I were a Rep member of Congress I'd call a press conference and say, just as Colin Powell said to Bush, "If you break it you own it Mr. President as do all the democrats in Congress that support your actions." Referring to allow hundreds of thousands to enter the country illegally, consuming resources and funding that American citizens could use now in these hard times. I'd spell it out for everyone so there's no misunderstanding. Then let the democrats own this.

This sort of thinking only perpetuates that fantasy - that the right somehow has a solution and the left is hell bent on ruining this country with illegal immigrants

There's a real crisis. We need to work this out, and it's going to require the full participation of both parties. Like it or not

First of all - the immigration issue is separate from this border crisis issue - and I say this because many seem to be more than willing to lump it all together so they won't have to fight about more than one thing. Many people already hate immigrants - so - less gum flapping all the way around

It's not that simple

The disarray arose over what most view as an urgent humanitarian issue, the stream of tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors crossing illegally into South Texas. Most are from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, where towns are beset by gang violence. They are seeking to reunite with family members and drawn by rumors that once here they would be allowed to stay.

Boehner’s humiliating defeat: House border bill scratched at last minute

The House appeared all set to pass border legislation after making concessions to the right. It still wasn't enough

I'll tell you who is ultimately going to own this - it's the GOP

They have the freedom right now to criticize and blame - knowing full well those kids are going to be taken care of. But people will remember how they didn't handle this. They may have succeeded in blocking everything now - but one of two things is going to happen...

In two short years - this will be their problem. I'd like to see that actually - it's a twisted kind of ironic universe fantasy of mine - it would be hilarious

Or - voters will see things for what they are - and the GOP will have handed the presidency over to the Dems again - with a big ribbon on it

And rainbow sprinkles

It's only a crisis because Obama didn't perform the duties for which he was elected. It seems the admin knew in January this was going to occur. They solicited for people to care for 65k immigrant youths. Now why would they do that unless they knew it was coming?

Please, Obama has not done his job as he swore to do. He's played a lot of golf and shot some pool and done little else except screw up our health care system.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Don't expect any post with a remotely favorable tack toward Obama to get anything other than a negative response on ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ConvincedMan

I think this persecution of the President will backfire. Americans traditionally root for the underdog. And I think these tactics will make a martyr of him.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
acting on his own means acting without permission from Congress.

Therefore Congress giving him permission to act on his own for the border crisis is telling him to do something with congressional permission.

Congress gave him permission to do something on his own.

Get it?

-Alien

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ConvincedMan

I think this persecution of the President will backfire. Americans traditionally root for the underdog. And I think these tactics will make a martyr of him.
Are you insane? this "persecution of the American president" should go all the way to the gallows!

If you don't realize what a disgusting piece of garbage he is then ......wow

-Alien

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Uhh the Congress is uh the elected representatives of the people.

Congress is actually listening to what the people say sometimes and acting accordingly to what the people want.

Acting on his own means coming up with his own ideas that no one else agrees with then trying to force them on his own.

have you checked his approval ratings lately? Even some of your favorite news stations like CBS and NBC are producing similar results.

Swear can't make this stuff up.......

-Alien

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE

What is ignorant?

How about the proposed solution by our government for the border crisis.

For the record I'm an independent.

I'm surprised to see there are even a few Democrat mainstream media watching people that even acknowledge there is a border crisis as tight a lid as your media outlets have been putting on it.

But let's talk about a solution. Here's....

1. Use the money Obama is begging for border help ON THE BORDER! NOT on processing people but on tightening up and shutting down and strengthening the border!

When will you mainstream sheep learn that tens of millions of illegal immigrants hurt this country!

"Working families"

Dad works construction and Mom works cleaning houses.....here come some hard working illegals that will do their job for FAR less....well guess what Mom and Dad have a house and car payment and kids that they gotta take care of so they have no choice but to unwillingly accept the low wages now offered to them.

How is Obama helping the working families by not doing his job? He is not doing his job by not enforcing laws he swore to uphold. Meaning getting all these illegals out of the damn country.
It is a shame that our working families suffer so much by slaving as many hours that they can muster for crap wages spending less valuable time with their kids just to put food on the table for them.

And here we have a president that says he is for the working people, what a shame, and yes, it is very undignified of him.

-Alien

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yup.

Too bad the Obama Administration has been selectively ignoring most of that law.

All according to the Master Plan I would say.

ignoring the laws?...give the details and actual laws being broken, and not the FOX NEWS or WND version.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

'It is a shame that our working families suffer so much by slaving as many hours that they can muster for crap wages spending less valuable time with their kids just to put food on the table for them."

My husband went to work in construction in 1971, laborer, but he poured concrete for 38 years, his specialty. He chose to join the Laborers Union. We did really well, until the 1980's. Then Idaho went to right to work. The company went non union and wanted to cut his hourly wage by $8 and increase his medical deduction. And Reagan at same time increased social security deductions. He had to travel from state to state after that, he had too much invested in retirement by then. I know how the laborer suffers now just to make the necessities.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConvincedMan
Don't expect any post with a remotely favorable tack toward Obama to get anything other than a negative response on ATS.

hey hey...there still is a few of us that haven't left yet.....the problem I have is when something goes wrong they blame Obama, and if one of us takes the time to do the research, and it show that the right is clearly to blame, they then say it's big government.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
this "persecution of the American president" should go all the way to the gallows!

If you don't realize what a disgusting piece of garbage he is then ......wow

No trial needed, no evidence needed, lets just have a old fashioned lynching of a black man.

You do not realise your posting shows a lot about yourself by calling for a lynching!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

No trial needed, no evidence needed, lets just have a old fashioned lynching of a black man.

a reply to: hellobruce

It never fails,,,, you can't see past his race can you?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

When Ron Paul was running for president, I saw hope. Asked my brother in M.M. to donate. Thought people might wake up. FAIL. You yanks are now the enemy. Everyone has had s guts-ful.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Really well presented and I agree wholeheartedly. But, let's face it, Americans are more excited about WWIII than listening to their founders. Lalalalala...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

There is a material difference in a president's duty to enforce existing immigration law and a president's unlawful decision to unilaterally change healthcare law.

Cute phrasing, but hardly accurate.

Nailed it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

ignoring the laws?...give the details and actual laws being broken, and not the FOX NEWS or WND version.

Well I tried to get a response on a previous post.

I'm sure you saw that.

Here again.....

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

Show us the sections actually being used.

Most are not.

Details tell the story.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ezwip
I appreciate your sentiments, but as a citizen, why don't you NAIL the crims that destroy the country you live in? Go live in the mesa, or buy a RV if you can. Land of the free pussies. Stand up and be counted!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There are quite direct and clearly factual dissents in the matter of President Obama's supposed "trampling" ...

Regrettably, I must observe, as I did before the House Judiciary Committee in December 2013, that these claims of wayward Executive conduct import the Constitution into what are, in reality, political and policy debates. They mock the text and original meaning of the Take Care [“that the laws be faithfully executed”] clause. They flout long-established Supreme Court precedent applying the relevant constitutional provisions. And they contradict the consistent practice of all modern presidencies, Republican and Democratic, to responsibly implement complex and consequential regulatory programs like the ACA. These claims fault the Obama Administration for making necessary adjustments in timing and matching enforcement priorities with resources and technical, practical, humanitarian, and other exigencies. But exercising presidential judgment in carrying laws into execution is precisely what the Constitution requires.

Simon Lazarus, Senior Counsel to the Constitutional Accountability Center, in testimony before the House Rules Committee, July 16, 2014

Oh, and just so it'll be easier to attack the source rather than the substance of the above quote ... Constitutional Accountablility Center

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join