It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Flight leaves for Liberia to evacuate Americans infected with Ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A U.S.-contracted medical charter flight left Cartersville, Georgia, Thursday to evacuate two American charity workers in Liberia infected with Ebola hemorrhagic fever, a source told CNN.

A CNN crew saw the airplane, a long-range business jet, depart shortly after 5 p.m. ET. The plane matched the description provided by the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

It was not immediately known when the two Americans -- identified as Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol -- would arrive in the United States, or where the plane would land.

CNN

So they are reporting that a plane has taken off from Georgia on it way to Africa to evacuate two Americans. Too bring them back here to the states. Is this a good idea?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

This is distrubing. Isn't there a quarantine in effect? Where are they taking them? Who is funding the flight and the medical care. Lots of questions.

I'm not really concerned about an outbreak here, but it seems odd.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

(CNN) -- A U.S.-contracted medical charter flight left Cartersville, Georgia, Thursday to evacuate two American charity workers in Liberia infected with Ebola hemorrhagic fever, a source told CNN.

A CNN crew saw the airplane, a long-range business jet, depart shortly after 5 p.m. ET. The plane matched the description provided by the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

It was not immediately known when the two Americans -- identified as Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol -- would arrive in the United States, or where the plane would land.

CNN

So they are reporting that a plane has taken off from Georgia on it way to Africa to evacuate two Americans. Too bring them back here to the states. Is this a good idea?

Only if you need material for another zombie spin off.........

I have a bad feeling about this

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

and remember planes that crash tend to spread bodily fluids,,,

just a reminder,,,

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

They'll probably have a better chance of survival here. One received some serum of some Kind. An experimental treatment but there was only one dose.
It appears these two will be housed near the CDC in Atlanta. Don't worry these two aren't going to start an epidemic here in the US.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

but they may hold a cure,, if i know by science.

opps my

not
by

u know ,, hey bye,,nevermind.

edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Why didn't they let USAMRID go and get them then???? The Army has the containment pods to keep them from infecting others?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're bringing 'it' to the CDC to find out who has been spreading the sh!t around.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

what u mean work together an save the planet? well African Cont.,, but that still counts,,right?

never happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Wouldn't it suck if the plane 'disappeared' off radar?

Talk about instant panic. lol

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

Wouldn't it suck if the plane 'disappeared' off radar?

Talk about instant panic. lol

u mean like this??

( quality pics , just keep on giving,,,
)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Anyone watch the T.v show The Strain that just recently came out?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would rather that they didn't bring them here. It seems like an 'accident' waiting to happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a special plane built with a containment pod for transporting these kinds of cases, and they are being taken to Emory University research hospital which has a special isolation wing built exactly for cases like this in conjunction with the CDC.

www.ajc.com...

One of the two did receive a dose of experimental serum, and it seems the other received a unit of blood from a boy who survived the virus in Africa. The antibodies in that blood may or may not be helpful.

abcnews.go.com...

I guess they wanted to make sure if the one who received the treatment could pull through with it, and the best way to do that was to put her in a facility with the best care and monitoring available to see if the serum makes a difference, and how do you take one and leave the other?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Still worrisome with the recent cdc personnel resigning and with them losing or mishandling other infectious disease specimens.

I have to wonder if there are others already here in the states that are infected?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If Ebola breaks out in the states, it won't be getting here on a lear jet
It will walk across the southern border and spreak like wildfire among people in shipping containers and crammed on boats and in the back of trucks

X
edit on 31-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: www.abovetopsecret.com... apparently it will come via plane

edit on 31-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

no money,, there not afraid enough yet.

and how do you take one and leave the other?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Emory University is one of the world's leading research universities. Its mission is to create, preserve, teach and apply knowledge in the service of humanity.

www.emory.edu...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Wow...that would throw a kink in everything. lmao

They'd probably say the plane was lost at sea and ended up contaminating the oceans......

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As long as it doesn't land back in C'ville I will be happy. I'm just up the road and us fat people need a head start.

But on a serious note I didn't know they kept a plain for this type of situation in cartersville Ga, that would of been the last place I would look.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join