It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have to admit they seem to be treating this transfer like it was a Cat 3 not a Cat 4 organism.

I would have expected security to be a lot tighter.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I would too.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Reporter on 11 alive just said Grady personnel will be wearing ventilators so they don't breathe any common air in the ambulance with her.

FBI has confirmed they will be involved but haven't given any specifics.

Reporter is saying the same route is planned because it worked so well the first time.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I would too.

I always thought USAMRIID had a facility with state of the art security and medical facility's Specifically for such incidents in case of lab accidents ect ? So it seems odd they would take them to Emory instead if there is a facility much better suited ?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zebra501

Well, on Saturday, the other two in the ambulance didn't appear to have ventilators..just Brantly. Is this just more PR optics due to so much criticism or do they know something different?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I would too.

I always thought USAMRIID had a facility with state of the art security and medical facility's Specifically for such incidents in case of lab accidents ect ? So it seems odd they would take them to Emory instead if there is a facility much better suited ?

I agree. That's where I would have sent them.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

USAMRIID does have one of the most advanced bio centers on Earth. It's located at Fort Detrick, Maryland. Just a short drive from 1600 Penn Ave.

That could be why? It's better to have that nasty bug sharing space with CNN in Atlanta than actually close to the real people who matter in life. Just ask them in Washington. They will happily spend hours explaining why they are far more important than any one of us.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Zebra501

Well, on Saturday, the other two in the ambulance didn't appear to have ventilators..just Brantly. Is this just more PR optics due to so much criticism or do they know something different?

I thought at least one did, the emt who rode in the back according to the pictures.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Me three. Either usamriid or the cdc itself.

Notice that NOW they are using tighter security/better protocols. Someone must be reading our threads.

Or they may be concerned that it has gone aerosolized transmission.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Alfred Webre: Expose massive Ebola/Martial Law false flag and prevent mega depopulation

youtu.be...

exopolitics.blogs.com...

edit on 5-8-2014 by spiritualgirl because: Video will not play

edit on 5-8-2014 by spiritualgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just in last 8 hours:

1400 = 1600 INFECTED

2=8 CASES IN NIGERIA

0 = 1 case in SAUDI ARABIA. UNCONFIRMED

"The Health Ministry said the symptoms appeared in the 40-year-old Saudi man at a hospital in the western city of Jiddah. He is in critical condition and being treated in a unit with advanced isolation and infection-control capabilities.

Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Khalid al-Marghalani told The Associated Press that the man arrived to Saudi Arabia from Sierra Leone on Sunday night. He said officials are looking into his flight details, including the passenger list, and what relatives or other people he may have been in direct contact with since landing in the kingdom."

Why would the officials be wasting their time with that if it wasn't ebola? hell, half the officials in every other country aren't wasting their time with that EVEN IF IT IS EBOLA-
(see my last post about only 70 people under surveillance by the Nigerian gov't.)
edit on 5-8-2014 by JG1993 because: format stickler.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Health commissioner: Lagos, #Nigeria, has 8 suspected cases of #Ebola, all who came into contact with patient who died last month; 1 confirmed - @ReutersAfrica

af.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Plane carrying 2nd US #Ebola patient Nancy Writebol arrives in #Atlanta; will be transported to Emory Hospital - @11AliveNews, @wsbtv

www.11alive.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Health officials: 1 person who recently traveled to West Africa is being tested for Ebola virus in Columbus, Ohio - @10TV

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
Health commissioner: Lagos, #Nigeria, has 8 suspected cases of #Ebola, all who came into contact with patient who died last month; 1 confirmed - @ReutersAfrica

af.reuters.com...

two sources now claiming 8 suspected cases linked directly to Sawyer

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
SIM, the Christian missionary organization that US Ebola patient Nancy Writebol serves with, will give a presser update at 2 pm ET in Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think its come time to close normal passenger flights in and out of west Africa.

Its starting to put airport and aircraft crews at risk now.
edit on 5-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think its come time to close normal passenger flights in and out of west Africa.

Its starting to put airport and aircraft crews at risk now.

British Airways announced earlier today they would be suspending flights to 2 of the countries, and there have been others as well but not many:

BA Suspends Flights to Sierra Leone and Liberia over Virus

The BA move follows that of a number of other international airlines serving the two countries, as well as neighbouring Guinea, which is also affected.

Emirates Airlines suspended flights to Guinea earlier this month and Pan-African airlines Arik and ASKY suspended flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone.

edit on 5-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Not sure if this has been mentioned in earlier posts.

A person in Cardiff is being monitored by Public Health Wales following possible exposure to the Ebola virus in West Africa

The individual will be monitored for the duration of the incubation period of 21 days.

“Public Health Wales can confirm that an individual resident in Wales is currently staying away from work and limiting contact with other people voluntarily following possible exposure to Ebola while visiting Western Africa. The individual does not have symptoms of Ebola and there are no cases of Ebola in Wales.

We are alert to the possibility of Ebola cases in the UK given the outbreak in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea and we remain vigilant to unexplained illness in people who have travelled from the area. Processes have been developed to protect public health in the event that we are notified of any individual who may have been exposed to Ebola.

– Public Health Wales spokesperson

link

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join